My step-sister is acting weird...

stepkidkevin

SincereOnlineGuy

Resolve not to go all the way with Lacey until

"StepSisLacey" turns up at LoveShack ...

We will carefully consult with her and give her the O-K...

I meant people on here liking the drama, living through your experience as someone else mentioned.

No need to go into detail about fooling around with her and not having sex.. ;)

Just let things happen naturally don't jump ahead about marriage, or anything like that.. Can't remember how old you are and how old she is, but there's no rush to make future plans.

• Author
I meant people on here liking the drama, living through your experience as someone else mentioned.

No need to go into detail about fooling around with her and not having sex.. ;)

Just let things happen naturally don't jump ahead about marriage, or anything like that.. Can't remember how old you are and how old she is, but there's no rush to make future plans.

I don't know if people like the drama or not. I'm just happy that people have been pretty supportive and not judging the crap out of me. lol

• Author
Well, it is very obvious she has a crush on you and it is just increasing

I guess it can be thought of as a crush. She tells me she loves me all the time but, who knows? You look really nervous in your avatar. lol

I don't know if people like the drama or not. I'm just happy that people have been pretty supportive and not judging the crap out of me. lol

Well, let's just say the advice would be completely different if you were blood related brother and sister! :lmao:;) I wouldn't judge ya, but I certainly would be pushing you to seek some counselling.

Anyway, enjoy things as they happen, but try not to make her you're total focus. Still go out and have fun with your friends, do your own thing, hobbies and stuff.

SincereOnlineGuy

This isn't exactly "drama" anyway.

The whole setting is "fixed" in place, and the day-to-day of it consists of whether they had Spaghetti-O's or Ravioli-O's for lunch or dinner.

Which reminds me, if one parent or the other ever, um, surprises them somewhere near to the heat of the moment, perhaps the phrase:

"Uh-oh, Spaghetti-Os" may come into use.

• Author
This isn't exactly "drama" anyway.

The whole setting is "fixed" in place, and the day-to-day of it consists of whether they had Spaghetti-O's or Ravioli-O's for lunch or dinner.

Which reminds me, if one parent or the other ever, um, surprises them somewhere near to the heat of the moment, perhaps the phrase:

"Uh-oh, Spaghetti-Os" may come into use.

Yeah, I kinda hate to say it, but there hasn't been as much drama as I expected when I first presented my situation to you guys. lol I never thought Lacey would do the stuff she's done and I didn't think my dad would be so cool with the situation.

I wish I had more drama stuff to tell you guys(actually, I don't like drama, lol) but I am telling you what's happening.

• Author
Do you find your stepmom attractive? That's what your step sister will probably look like few decades from now.

She is attractive but obviously I don't see her in THAT way. She takes good care of herself and stays active. My dad is a real active guy, too and thgat's why I think is one of the reasons why they hit it off in the beginning.

SincereOnlineGuy

(stating the obvious)

Kevin, whether or not your step mom is attractive does not relate at all to the uniqueness of perhaps dating your step sister.

That bit of consideration, from FanFan, applies to any potential relationship.

And yes, Obie, it really has been interesting to contemplate and consider Kevin's unique place in the world.

I don't see him hurting anyone, and I don't see the step-sister hurting anyone, and the parents are not upset at the possibilities. It's just a unique part of life which brings some elements of some romance novels into the real world.

I envy how much familiarity they have with one another before reaching the stage of dating, and I envy how impressively honest and vulnerable step sis Lacey was once confronted. To me that is indicative of her probably being a good catch.

• Author
(stating the obvious)

Kevin, whether or not your step mom is attractive does not relate at all to the uniqueness of perhaps dating your step sister.

That bit of consideration, from FanFan, applies to any potential relationship.

And yes, Obie, it really has been interesting to contemplate and consider Kevin's unique place in the world.

I don't see him hurting anyone, and I don't see the step-sister hurting anyone, and the parents are not upset at the possibilities. It's just a unique part of life which brings some elements of some romance novels into the real world.

I envy how much familiarity they have with one another before reaching the stage of dating, and I envy how impressively honest and vulnerable step sis Lacey was once confronted. To me that is indicative of her probably being a good catch.

Yeah, things are pretty much drama-free right now. It's kind of weird because I first started writing here because I was afraid of some big crazy drama that I thought was going to happen soon because of what was going on with me and Lacey and the drama just never came. lol

Lacey has been really upfront and honest with me about all this stuff. Things are working out pretty good. Really good, actually. I'd say we're technically "together", but I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend or anything. She has kind of hinted that I haven't asked but not in a way that's obvious. lol She can be kind of passive-aggressive. She's upfront but not naggy, if that makes any sense.

Our parents don't freak out if we sit close on the couch or anything, but I do get a little uncomfortable sometimes because it's not like she's my girlfriend and we're at her house or something with her parents. I don't know, it's a strange situation. I think I'm actually having to get more used to it than everyone else! lol I thought my parents would be all freaked out all the time, but NO, they seem just cool with it which makes me scratch my head a lot. lol It's all backwards. lol

SincereOnlineGuy

Yeah, AND you are missing some of the things that every other teenage couple everywhere tends to have to LEAP through. (like being 'awkward' about the parents of the other, and causing yourSELF to feeeeeeeel tiny and almost too fearful to MOVE when in the abode of the girlfriend when her parents are around).

NONE of those things matter at all, but it is sort of funny, especially for you, to sit back and imagine the scenarios of others while you are (not particularly burdened by them).

goodness OP, please don't listen to SincereOnlineGuy's advice. I don't know how someone can even begin to think like him. On the other hand, Green is on the ball.

You have made the choice to pursue a relationship with your step-sister, despite knowing full well all the consequences. I only wish i posted earlier to help you pull out that emotional needle from your arm. That is easier said than done. You know you are thinking with your emotions rather than your rational mind when you call someone 'special'. We know because we do it too! Just try your best to keep a clear head OP if only to prevent future complications and problems from coming up.

You seem to be a very smart and rational person, and although i don't agree with your decision on the basis of the possible consequences, i still wish you all the best. Thanks for the very interesting read, i loved how everything just worked out for you. You are lucky to have a wonderful chill family and a cool step-sis/girlfriend.

Lastly, keep this in mind always:

Exactly! Don't let anybody on here push you into a decision that will do damage in the long term. I hate to say it but it seems like some are liking the drama of your situation.

. Well said whichwayisup.

watch out those people in real life too.

• Author
goodness OP, please don't listen to SincereOnlineGuy's advice. I don't know how someone can even begin to think like him. On the other hand, Green is on the ball.

You have made the choice to pursue a relationship with your step-sister, despite knowing full well all the consequences. I only wish i posted earlier to help you pull out that emotional needle from your arm. That is easier said than done. You know you are thinking with your emotions rather than your rational mind when you call someone 'special'. We know because we do it too! Just try your best to keep a clear head OP if only to prevent future complications and problems from coming up.

You seem to be a very smart and rational person, and although i don't agree with your decision on the basis of the possible consequences, i still wish you all the best. Thanks for the very interesting read, i loved how everything just worked out for you. You are lucky to have a wonderful chill family and a cool step-sis/girlfriend.

I don't even know how much of a relationship we're pursuing, to be honest with you. Things really haven't changed all that much. We hang out more then we used to and we do affectionate stuff, but it's not crazy different.

The only thing now though is that our parents insist that we keep our doors open unless we're changing clothes. lol

• Author
Do you kiss like boyfriend and girlfriend?

Does that mean that your parents don't want you to have sex period or just no sex in their house?

We kiss, but we try to be cool about it. I mean, we're not cramming tongues when our parents are around. The way my dad and stepmom put it, they know they can't stop us from doing whatever we want, but they don't want to see it and prefer we not do serious stuff in the house. I guess they mean that if we want to sneak a kiss here or there(which we do) that's cool but not to rub it in their faces.

We usually have to find places away from home to have more privacy.

SincereOnlineGuy

What have you been smoking?

Just what "advice" can you cite given by me?? And what, then, do you have to truly contrast anything I've written here.

It is clear by your statements that you haven't even been paying attention to the thread here. At least show enough regard for the OP to focus on the difference between what has actually been written, and what your own mind has been making up along the way.

I just read this entire thread and...well...wow. What a story! I agree with a few other posters here; you do have a natural talent for writing. It seems like everything is going as well as it can go, and I give you, your stepsis, and your parents kudos for the way you've been handling the situation.

I have some questions . This is where, as SincereOnlineGuy said more than once, it would be neat to have Lacey post here. But perhaps since you two are so close you could still consider them.

You mentioned your friends cracking jokes about you and Lacey. Have you and Lacey talked about that, and has Lacey mentioned anything similar happening with her own friends? Guys aren't the only ones who can be pervs. :laugh: Additionally, it's common for many girls her age--well, pretty much any age--to talk about their crushes with their girlfriends. She's said she's in love with you, and those are very deep feelings. I doubt that while she kept those feelings to herself around you and your parents that she was able to completely suppress the urge to tell SOMEONE.

How do you think your respective peers would react? People can be very perceptive and if you two hang out together with friends, you may think you're being discreet, but others could easily pick up on vibes between you. How would you two deal with it if one of your respective friends confronted either or both of you? You say she says she doesn't care what others think. Would she openly admit to dating you? Is she keeping this close to the vest only because you're so conflicted? If things between you grow, this could become a source of resentment--she may feel that you're ashamed of the circumstance and therefore ashamed of her.

That's a lot of questions; sorry for bombarding you. Just wanted to give you some food for thought.

• Author

You mentioned your friends cracking jokes about you and Lacey. Have you and Lacey talked about that, and has Lacey mentioned anything similar happening with her own friends? Guys aren't the only ones who can be pervs. :laugh:

I told Lacey about some of the stuff my friends joked with me about and she said her friends joke about a lot of the same things. I guess they're a bunch of pervs, too! lol

All of her friends she's known since before we even met so or our parents met so in a way they still don't think of me as her brother.

How do you think your respective peers would react? People can be very perceptive and if you two hang out together with friends, you may think you're being discreet, but others could easily pick up on vibes between you. How would you two deal with it if one of your respective friends confronted either or both of you? You say she says she doesn't care what others think. Would she openly admit to dating you? Is she keeping this close to the vest only because you're so conflicted? If things between you grow, this could become a source of resentment--she may feel that you're ashamed of the circumstance and therefore ashamed of her.
How would our peers react? Our friends would probably say it was cool but deep down there would probably be a lot of whispers and stuff about incest or whatever. The only thing so far is that no one can prove that we've done anything or that we're together. You can't fault us for our parents getting married but if people knew for sure that we were together, then you know how people can get being really judging and stuff.

Lacey told me that she thinks her friends know or think they know. I don't know, maybe girls are better are reading people than guys but I don't think my guy friends really suspect anything. They make their perverted comments and stuff but it's all pretty dumb. lol

SincereOnlineGuy

If we can drum anything into your head, and into "StepSisLacey's" head, it is that there is NOTHING about this that relates to incest AT ALL!!!

FIRST of all, the main reason that "incest" is taboo is genetic, and relating to the fears that duplicate genes for birth defects or the like might make for greater prevalence of those birth defects in children.

Anyone anywhere will agree that not only do you and Lacey not share any close genetics, but that for not having known one another for that long, aaaaaaaaaaaaand for not having acted in any way on romantic/sexual feelings for one another until something near to the time this thread began, you are allowed to have the normal, natural feelings and attractions that teenagers might typically have for one another (when one parent of each isn't married to one parent of the other).

Understand that your attractions for one another are very likely to be greater at this age because you have such a unique familiarity with one another.

I'd sure feel bad if you came to date one another exclusively and were then made to feel hurt and mad about the 'incest' references which totally don't apply.

I suggest discussing with her and building a strong resolve/certainty that assures you both that you each 'know' logically AND 'accept' morally that "incest" does NOT in any way apply here. Then you will be better equipped to deal with (and laugh at) the sometimes-very-clever remarks made in the future by your friends.

SincereOnlineGuy
I just read this entire thread and...well...wow. What a story! I agree with a few other posters here; you do have a natural talent for writing. It seems like everything is going as well as it can go, and I give you, your stepsis, and your parents kudos for the way you've been handling the situation.

I have some questions . This is where, as SincereOnlineGuy said more than once, it would be neat to have Lacey post here. But perhaps since you two are so close you could still consider them.

I agree with your sense of this story. I am so impressed by Kevin's maturity and resourcefulness at reaching out fairly anonymously and presenting a scenario we can all imagine, while encouraging and asking for various feedback.

And who knows, had their parents never met, Kevin and Lacey might have expressed mutual attraction to one another at school or somewhere 18 or 24 months ago and simply not yet been 'ready' and mature enough for a thriving relationship. Maybe something about their parents' relationship affords them a better chance together now?

• Author
If we can drum anything into your head, and into "StepSisLacey's" head, it is that there is NOTHING about this that relates to incest AT ALL!!!

FIRST of all, the main reason that "incest" is taboo is genetic, and relating to the fears that duplicate genes for birth defects or the like might make for greater prevalence of those birth defects in children.

Anyone anywhere will agree that not only do you and Lacey not share any close genetics, but that for not having known one another for that long, aaaaaaaaaaaaand for not having acted in any way on romantic/sexual feelings for one another until something near to the time this thread began, you are allowed to have the normal, natural feelings and attractions that teenagers might typically have for one another (when one parent of each isn't married to one parent of the other).

Understand that your attractions for one another are very likely to be greater at this age because you have such a unique familiarity with one another.

I'd sure feel bad if you came to date one another exclusively and were then made to feel hurt and mad about the 'incest' references which totally don't apply.

I suggest discussing with her and building a strong resolve/certainty that assures you both that you each 'know' logically AND 'accept' morally that "incest" does NOT in any way apply here. Then you will be better equipped to deal with (and laugh at) the sometimes-very-clever remarks made in the future by your friends.

I know that Lacey and me being together isn't exactly incest but that's what people would say anyways.

It's weird because with Lacey and me it wasn't like we just jumped on each other the second we figured out we liked each other. We're more friends than anything. We hang out a lot now and sure there's boyfriend/girlfriend stuff we do, affectionate stuff or whatever, but we're more friends than anything. We still haven't even had sex yet although she did give me an awesome Xmas gift! lol :p

But yeah we're more friends right now. I think that our friendship is growing a lot too because before we didn't even know we had much in common and now we do so the boyfriend/girlfriend thing is going along as much as us being friends is. We used to hang out by ourselves before but now we spend most of our time together doing the stuff we used to do alone. lol

I know this is not exactly the same, but I know a couple who are married, with two kids. He is a minister she is a stay at home mom. His parents were foster parents. He is biological son, she was foster child. they lived as siblings in older teenage years. Fell in love, got married and are togrther 10 years later. I have spent some time with their family at holidays in past and there is no wierdness at all. their kids are great and only have one set of grandparents. I wish you the best but would say to be careful. Do not hurt her or yourself.