My step-sister is acting weird...

stepkidkevin

It was years ago but I just remember my parents arguing a lot. I guess it happens to a lot of married people. I always had the feeling when I was little that they only stayed together for me. I was kind of relieved when they got divorced because I didn't feel as guilty and knew it was the right thing for them even though I selfishly just wanted them to stay together. I knew that they just kind of didn't get along anymore. It took awhile but I got over them splitting.

My mom won't find out that anything has gone on with Lacey unless I told her.

Is your mom seeing anyone? The answer would probably be very relevant to what she think of your and your step sister dating.

Do you have any half siblings or does Lacey have any half siblings to complicate things?

• Author
Is your mom seeing anyone? The answer would probably be very relevant to what she think of your and your step sister dating.

Do you have any half siblings or does Lacey have any half siblings to complicate things?

I don't think my mom is seeing anyone right now. She's had a few boyfriends over the years. Decent dudes but they usually break up after six months or so.

Lacey and I are both only children.

I don't think my mom is seeing anyone right now. She's had a few boyfriends over the years. Decent dudes but they usually break up after six months or so.

Lacey and I are both only children.

Let's summarize things:

1) Your dad is okay with it.

2) Your step mom is okay with it.

3) You and your step sis are cool with it.

4) You and her didn't grow up together like siblings.

So, you have 80% approval, with the exception of that 20% from your mom. If she is okay with it, you got 100% support from the main people involved.

• Author
Let's summarize things:

1) Your dad is okay with it.

2) Your step mom is okay with it.

3) You and your step sis are cool with it.

4) You and her didn't grow up together like siblings.

So, you have 80% approval, with the exception of that 20% from your mom. If she is okay with it, you got 100% support from the main people involved.

My dad and stepmom aren't really "okay" with it but they understand that maybe Lacey and I have feelings for each other. That doesn't mean they don't think it's a good idea for us to maybe hook up, of course.

Our parents are really cool and supportive. We haven't been a family for real long but I consider us tight-knit. We don't fight or anything and I get along with my step-mom and Lacey gets along with my dad.

My only worry is that if Lacey and I get into things 100% and decide to be together, it could just complicate a lot of things in the family. If we were to break up, things would be weird at home all the time. Even if I moved out, calling the house to talk to my dad or stepmom would be weird.

Or worse, if we had an accident and Lacey got pregnant, that's a whole other crazy thing. I know it would be EASIER to just move out and forget Lacey, but I realize that there is something special between us that I don't want to compltely ignore, you know?

Or worse, if we had an accident and Lacey got pregnant, that's a whole other crazy thing.

What do you mean worse? If you two hook up, don't you think marriage and kids are a possiblity?

• Author
What do you mean worse? If you two hook up, don't you think marriage and kids are a possiblity?

That's the thing. It's not exactly like we could get married and have kids and it would all be normal. Our parents would still be married and eventually our families would find out and that would just be super weird. Lacey and I aren't close with our families, except for our parents, obviously, but still.

That's the thing that sticks in my mind that the stuff we do now could make things difficult in the future. Trust me, I wish we could just start having sex. I've been tempted EVERY DAY(we've gotten very close on several occassions) and she doesn't help. I consider myself pretty responsible person so I just want to make sure that we do things the right way.

That's the thing. It's not exactly like we could get married and have kids and it would all be normal. Our parents would still be married and eventually our families would find out and that would just be super weird. Lacey and I aren't close with our families, except for our parents, obviously, but still.

That's the thing that sticks in my mind that the stuff we do now could make things difficult in the future. Trust me, I wish we could just start having sex. I've been tempted EVERY DAY(we've gotten very close on several occassions) and she doesn't help. I consider myself pretty responsible person so I just want to make sure that we do things the right way.

If in the future you two DO end up together, marriage and kids, it won't matter what others think or feel because of the love you two will share. Sure, it's not a "normal" situation in the sense step bro/step sis fall for one another, but obviously it happens. You two are NOT blood related. That is what it comes down to and if people judge or think it's wrong, well, that's their problem.

take things slowly, don't rush into sex.

If in the future you two DO end up together, marriage and kids, it won't matter what others think or feel because of the love you two will share. Sure, it's not a "normal" situation in the sense step bro/step sis fall for one another, but obviously it happens. You two are NOT blood related. That is what it comes down to and if people judge or think it's wrong, well, that's their problem.

take things slowly, don't rush into sex.

There is no icky factor because of two reasons:

1) You two are NOT blood related; and

2) You two did not grow up together in the same household as siblings.

SincereOnlineGuy

Right - this would NOT be "super weird"...

and a really noteworthy tidbit you offered while tackling these tangent questions is that

your biological mother has not even MET your step-sister officially.

(clearly your bio-mom does NOT then have a sense of familiarity with Lacey that would tend to have your bio-mom really creeped-out by the possibility of you two dating)

While I understand the under-the-same-roof dynamics are unique... even if you went out and paraded around the neighborhood telling everyone that you (are at some point) dating her... once all knew the full reality of your not being blood relatives, and of having been two well-into-teenagers just thrown together as new-to-one-another housemates, they would ALL come around and accept everything about it.

It's just... unique... so we're all a little bit more interested in knowing how it evolves.

And lets be honest... many of us lament the fact that we never even had an appealing like-aged member of the opposite sex living next door with a bedroom window 20 feet from our own... and we (think we) are particularly envious that two teens of opposite genders who seem attractive and intriguing have been thrown into the same household in a way that probably seemed quite 'sudden' at some point.

(anyone reading your offerings here can effectively pick a side and really enjoy the story)

When really wanting to test your resolve, (or look for an excuse to just throw caution to the wind and go for it), you can boldly tell Lacey about your little outlet here, and let her express herself and her feelings as well...

(in that case, tell her for me that she doesn't cut it unLESS she signs on here with the name StepkidLacey (or StepsisLacey) )

• Author

your biological mother has not even MET your step-sister officially.

(clearly your bio-mom does NOT then have a sense of familiarity with Lacey that would tend to have your bio-mom really creeped-out by the possibility of you two dating)

While I understand the under-the-same-roof dynamics are unique... even if you went out and paraded around the neighborhood telling everyone that you (are at some point) dating her... once all knew the full reality of your not being blood relatives, and of having been two well-into-teenagers just thrown together as new-to-one-another housemates, they would ALL come around and accept everything about it.

And lets be honest... many of us lament the fact that we never even had an appealing like-aged member of the opposite sex living next door with a bedroom window 20 feet from our own... and we (think we) are particularly envious that two teens of opposite genders who seem attractive and intriguing have been thrown into the same household in a way that probably seemed quite 'sudden' at some point.

When really wanting to test your resolve, (or look for an excuse to just throw caution to the wind and go for it), you can boldly tell Lacey about your little outlet here, and let her express herself and her feelings as well...

Yeah, my mom really isn't keyed into all of the day to day stuff going on in our house. She's got her own stuff going on. I talk to her almost every day and we're on great terms. It's just that she has her life and her house and I'm living with my dad and we have our own life here.

As for living with Lacey, my friends joke with me a lot about whether I've seen her in the shower or that kind of stuff. My friends are a bunch of perverts, lol, so that's all they talk about but it's just joking around. I haven't told any of them anything that's really happened.

I know it's a pretty unique situation and that's why it's been so hard to talk to anyone about it. I'm grateful that you guys have been listening to me and have been cool with me about this whole thing instead of just judging me and saying it's gross or whatever.

I think that I'm more concerned about this than Lacey. Lacey doesn't seem to care or worry. She kind of wears her heart on her sleeve though and is kind of more instinctive and emotional. I think I'm more of the analytical one. I think more and she feels more. She kind of presses on me about how it doesn't matter what people think and that she cares about me and that's all that's important. I know that what other people think does kind of matter, though.

Lacey isn't conflicted at all, lol, which kinda pisses me off because I'm here all conflicted about stuff and she's always bouncing around like she's lighter than air with no worries. lol

• Author
Okay forget what everyone thinks for a minute and ask yourself if you see that as a possibility- marriage and kids. This is a serious issue where if you enter physical territory, you can't make things the way they were before. Technically if all you can think about is sex with " Lacey" then chances are you're just being a hormonal kid who wants sex. Which would also mean that if you have a girlfriend, you wouldn't be think about your stepsister. Get it?

Marriage and kids? To be honest I'm not even thinking about that stuff right now because I'm still in school and I've got awhile and things I want to do before thinking of that stuff. But, is Lacey marriage and kids material? I think she could be, yeah. Kids material, anyway. I know it's weird to say(she wouldn't think it was) but I think she is probably the good wife type. I mean, me and her get along really well and we're just comfortable around each other and there's no pressure to act one way or another. It's kind of natural.

We've already been in each other's lives for a few years now. For most of that time we were kind of just tagging along with our parents when they would hang out and we didn't seem to have anything to talk about, but things have obviously opened up over the last few months and things are really different. When we first met things were always really tense and neither of us would talk much when we hung out because it was just a weird situation. Our parents were there and were smiling and laughing and we were more like props wondering what our roles were.

I remember trying to figure out how to even talk to Lacey when we first met. I had to think "do I talk to her like she's just some girl?" "I can't flirt with her because she's my dad's girlfriend's daughter." and all of that kind of stuff. It was tricky for me because, duh, I'm a guy and I'm still not the smoothest guy in the room when it comes to girls but it's even worse when you don't know what your role is. At the time I wasn't her brother but I wasn't just some random guy, either. It was confusing as ****. lol

Now, obviously, things are much different. I know what my role is and I know how she sees me and how she feels.

And I don't think about sex with Lacey all the time, just to make that clear. I won't lie, there's been several times where we COULD have had sex, but we were really good and held back. I won't say we haven't done ANYTHING. We have done some stuff but not intercourse of any kind. We can hang out on the couch for hours just watching TV and talking and there's no groping or grabbing or anything. It's just comfortable to be sitting next to her talking and joking. Although I know that if I initiated something she wouldn't push me away. I have to be careful because when I initiate even little things like hugs or hand holding she takes that and runs with it. lol

SincereOnlineGuy
As for living with Lacey, my friends joke with me a lot about whether I've seen her in the shower or that kind of stuff. My friends are a bunch of perverts, lol, so that's all they talk about but it's just joking around. I haven't told any of them anything that's really happened.

Here is still another factor that is worth keeping in the back of your mind IF you and Lacey opt to pursue a romantic relationship with one another.

Had these been regular brothers with regular sisters there would not be a one of them asking any of the others if they'd ever seen their own true sister naked in the shower.

So that is further testimony that your friends see Lacey not only as a desirable number, but also as somebody who is NOT bound to you as would be a biological sister.

(keep in mind that this is the independent testimony of various people your age, in your neighborhood, and whom you know)

By all means, decide for yourselves what suits you, and even if you opt not to go anywhere that way with Lacey, you can then establish and enjoy a very comfortable sibling interaction that is in ways better and closer than what bio siblings know.

(because you won't have had the awkward competitions for attention, and the aggravations done unto you by the other, AND it will have been a conscious CHOICE you made to DECIDE that the other was out-of-bounds relationship-wise... which will let you evolve to become the other's biggest fan in the relationship(s with others) arena)

People need to lay off the marriage and kids angle.

He's only 18. Marriage and kids is the last thing on a guys mind. Talking about that only serves to complicate things. It really isn't relevant at this time.

If they do decide to do something, Kevin seems smart enough to be protected. Hopefully he has some in a drawer. An accident would obviously be a big trouble in this situation.

He's only 18. Marriage and kids is the last thing on a guys mind. Talking about that only serves to complicate things. It really isn't relevant at this time.

If they do decide to do something, Kevin seems smart enough to be protected. Hopefully he has some in a drawer. An accident would obviously be a big trouble in this situation.

he's in a bad situation, that can get a lot worse if he can some how forget this girl(romanticly speaking) and go after others he will be in a much better situation.

• Author
Here is still another factor that is worth keeping in the back of your mind IF you and Lacey opt to pursue a romantic relationship with one another.

Had these been regular brothers with regular sisters there would not be a one of them asking any of the others if they'd ever seen their own true sister naked in the shower.

So that is further testimony that your friends see Lacey not only as a desirable number, but also as somebody who is NOT bound to you as would be a biological sister.

(keep in mind that this is the independent testimony of various people your age, in your neighborhood, and whom you know)

By all means, decide for yourselves what suits you, and even if you opt not to go anywhere that way with Lacey, you can then establish and enjoy a very comfortable sibling interaction that is in ways better and closer than what bio siblings know.

(because you won't have had the awkward competitions for attention, and the aggravations done unto you by the other, AND it will have been a conscious CHOICE you made to DECIDE that the other was out-of-bounds relationship-wise... which will let you evolve to become the other's biggest fan in the relationship(s with others) arena)

Yeah. My friends have been my friends since I was little so we're really close and when they found out my dad's girlfriend had a daughter and they saw her, I CONSTANTLY got **** from them about how "i should hit that". Of course, they were laughing, kind of teasing me because they knew Lacey was off-limits. It was weird. After they met her, all I got from them was WORSE **** about if I'd seen her naked or something. lol

Even now they don't really consider her my sister, even though she is now. The line is kind of gray, you know?

• Author

Yeah, I'm not thinking of marriage or kids at all and I know Lacey isn't. Well, I don't think she is. It wouldn't surprise me if she was, though. She's never hinted at it.

We still haven't had sex. We've stayed smart, but if we did have sex, there would definitely be protection involved for both of us. I don't think Lacey wants to ask her mom to get her on birth control, especially since she knows about the things going on between us. It'll be like her mom is helping her have sex with me which I don't think my stepmom would want to help with even though she hasn't come out and said she's against.

For the time being I guess I'm just going to have to be strong and try to abstain. I'm sure we'll screw up at some point, though, lol. I have condoms, though, just in case. I carry a few in my wallet and have a bunch in my bedroom so there won't be any excuses if something happens either at home or maybe in a hotel or something.

Yeah, I'm not thinking of marriage or kids at all and I know Lacey isn't. Well, I don't think she is. It wouldn't surprise me if she was, though. She's never hinted at it.

We still haven't had sex. We've stayed smart, but if we did have sex, there would definitely be protection involved for both of us. I don't think Lacey wants to ask her mom to get her on birth control, especially since she knows about the things going on between us. It'll be like her mom is helping her have sex with me which I don't think my stepmom would want to help with even though she hasn't come out and said she's against.

For the time being I guess I'm just going to have to be strong and try to abstain. I'm sure we'll screw up at some point, though, lol. I have condoms, though, just in case. I carry a few in my wallet and have a bunch in my bedroom so there won't be any excuses if something happens either at home or maybe in a hotel or something.

You're not suposed to carry them in your wallet.(it will BREAK THEM) When I was single and wanted to brin condoms with me I'd put them in an empty altoids tin. Small enough to carry around and protect them.

So are you a virgin? I forget?

I really think you are heading for disaster with all this but remember IF the SHT hits the fan... Blame your father... won't really help if he is blaming you but might guilt him into forgiving you if he does get mad that is... sht also might hit the fan because you get dumped and now you have to live/see the girl who dumped you ever thanksgiving for so long as ur parents are married.

Ur post keeps making me think of this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvYvYOFnss&feature=related

• Author
You're not suposed to carry them in your wallet.(it will BREAK THEM) When I was single and wanted to brin condoms with me I'd put them in an empty altoids tin. Small enough to carry around and protect them.

So are you a virgin? I forget?

I really think you are heading for disaster with all this but remember IF the SHT hits the fan... Blame your father... won't really help if he is blaming you but might guilt him into forgiving you if he does get mad that is... sht also might hit the fan because you get dumped and now you have to live/see the girl who dumped you ever thanksgiving for so long as ur parents are married.

Ur post keeps making me think of this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvYvYOFnss&feature=related

Holy crap. Are you serious? Okay, I actually have some empty altoids cans hanging around so I'll use one of those.

Am I a virgin? No. I haven't been with 50 girls or anything but I've been with a few and have always used protection, even with the girlfriends I had that were sort of long-term relationships.

I don't think Lacey is, either, but we've never talked about it.

Edited by stepkidkevin
  • 2 weeks later...

Um, you should write fiction stories.

You realize that you have a talent (in a rough sort of way) for writing, right? I'm not an expert in describing how exactly you have this talent but in the best way I can phrase it is you grab my full attention NOT ONLY with the topic at hand but the style you choose to represent it by.

Your writing is like butter. And that's just plain good!

• Author
Um, you should write fiction stories.

You realize that you have a talent (in a rough sort of way) for writing, right? I'm not an expert in describing how exactly you have this talent but in the best way I can phrase it is you grab my full attention NOT ONLY with the topic at hand but the style you choose to represent it by.

Your writing is like butter. And that's just plain good!

lol Well, my dad was an English major in college so it's like having a grammar Nazi live with you. My dad used to make me read and write a lot when I was younger and used to hammer me when I spoke or wrote incorrectly. He once told me that if I ever sounded or wrote letters like my friends he'd kick my ass. lol

He hates that I even use LOL, but I do anyways, probably because I laugh a lot in real life. I'm not creatve enough to write stories, though. I think what I've been writing here has come out the way it has is because I've been running it through my mind constantly everyday, trying to think of a way to explain it to people so they'll understand my situation.

Lacey and I still haven't had sex, but we've come close a few times. I actually want it really bad, and I think she does, too, but we've made an effort to not be alone so much. lol

Thanks to someone who suggested it here, I carry around a little altoids can tin thing with some condoms in it, just in case. :D

Lacey and I still haven't had sex, but we've come close a few times. I actually want it really bad, and I think she does, too, but we've made an effort to not be alone so much. lol

Why not? Just do it already!

Can't you tell that your readers are living vicariously through you? :p

Don't rush into sex! Take your time and keep talking about stuff. Once you have sex, things will change in the sense of how you process and think about this, due to having sex. Hope that makes sense to you.

• Author
Why not? Just do it already!

Can't you tell that your readers are living vicariously through you? :p

I don't know if people are living vicariously through me, but I'm in no real rush to start having sex. Not in this situation, anyways. I think it's because I know that Lacey isn't going anywhere.

I don't know if people are living vicariously through me, but I'm in no real rush to start having sex. Not in this situation, anyways. I think it's because I know that Lacey isn't going anywhere.

Exactly! Don't let anybody on here push you into a decision that will do damage in the long term. I hate to say it but it seems like some are liking the drama of your situation.

• Author
Exactly! Don't let anybody on here push you into a decision that will do damage in the long term. I hate to say it but it seems like some are liking the drama of your situation.

It's not that I like the drama and, to be honest, there really isnt a lot of drama going on right now. The drama is kind of in my head because my dad and stepmom are supportive and Lacey doesn't give a crap what we do, lol, but it's me who is sort of looking into the future. There's no drama now but I know there can be in the future. That's kind of what I;m worried about.

I mean, we've done stuff but I'm not going to go into details just cause, I don't know, it's no one's business EXACTLY what we've done, I guess, but we've not had sex and probably won't for a little while, anyways.