Girlfriend insanely jealous over my female friend

Dexter Morgan
Nothing that I was doing was wrong, I was trying to be friends with this girl and that was it. Get off your high horse.

bs buddy. you enjoyed the attention, there was a mutual attraction and you liked the little catfight that was going on. you liked the jealousy that you were causing your gf and encouraged the other girl.

nice try bud.

• Author

Said girl is now trying to be friends with my girlfriend after last night, but my girlfriend still doesn't like her. She said she can tolerate her, but personality wise they're polar opposites.

Her trying to be friends with my girlfriend doesn't seem to be about just being friends with my girlfriend. Especially when her boyfriend showed up to the bar with another girl and barely paid attention to her the whole time while this girl praised my girlfriend and stated how much she wanted to be friends. She could just be over trying because she found out my girlfriend disliked her because she wouldn't make eye contact, and that I thought she was attracted to me.

I thought it was dead and it was on my end, but I'm not so sure now. Does she have ulterior motives to trying to be friends with my girlfriend? I could be wrong, but I get the impression that she does.

Yes as a woman, I can say a girl always has ulterior motives for being friends with your girlfriend if she finds you attractive.

And for the record if you want to be "independent" then stop being inconsiderate to your girlfriend about it and set her free. She deserves much better. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Do you even know how to deal with women? Because it doesn't seem so. It doesn't really matter if you've been in one relationship for six years. The fact is, you're hurting your girlfriend and you don't even care.

Stop making your girlfriend suffer. You want to be friends with this little twit that oversteps boundaries? GO RIGHT AHEAD. BUT DUMP YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND STOP STRINGING HER ALONG LIKE A DICK.

loverofloveandstuff

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' It's easier to sabotage and manipulate when you gain people's trust.

To be honest, I can't believe your girlfriend is still with you. :confused:

I think it's wrong for you to continue being friends with a girl when you are clearly attracted and this girl wants more than a friendship with you. You have no idea what your girlfriend is feeling right now...and it's probably torturing her. My bf has a female friend in the Army and I hate it and it's something I've been dealing with for almost a year...he claims that there is no attraction and all that crap but I don't care. I feel like he should cut down communication if he really cared and he has no idea how tortorous it's been and I've put my feelings aside to try to make this work because I know she's engaged and I'm just waiting for that day her fiance comes back from Iraq and they get married.

Point is, if you really loved your gf you would try to be in her shoes. She has some valid points because this girl WANTS YOU MORE THAN A FRIEND.

Honestly, I'm not going to lie, I've had a guy friend I made that I was attracted to. I never did anything wrong, but looking back on it...continuing a relationship with someone I found attractive was like playing with fire. I trusted my feelings to not go past that but you never know what could happen. My bf was a little jealous but it never affected our relationship, so I continued being friends. If he said something about it, then I would've done whatever I could to make him feel better.

Your gf has every right to be upset and suspicious! There may come a point where she no longer wishes to stick around because of it.

In your heading you labelled your gf as "insanely" jealous- which means irrational, unwarranted, misguided, unreasonable.... But she's not being insane, she has reason to be jealous.

If it were me and I heard one of my "friends" insult my bf- they'd get an earful from me.

Not only does she have to worry about this other girl being manipulative, shady, and intrusive... She should also be worried that you seem to thrive on it.

• Author
Yes as a woman, I can say a girl always has ulterior motives for being friends with your girlfriend if she finds you attractive.

And for the record if you want to be "independent" then stop being inconsiderate to your girlfriend about it and set her free. She deserves much better. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Do you even know how to deal with women? Because it doesn't seem so. It doesn't really matter if you've been in one relationship for six years. The fact is, you're hurting your girlfriend and you don't even care.

Stop making your girlfriend suffer. You want to be friends with this little twit that oversteps boundaries? GO RIGHT AHEAD. BUT DUMP YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND STOP STRINGING HER ALONG LIKE A DICK.

Her finding me attractive is my assumption, and I'm not breaking up with my girlfriend so can it people.

My girlfriend has male friends who find her attractive, doesn't bother me in the least because I trust her as she trusts me. She's not being hurt, and it's probably my fault for the way I typed it but you're way off base.

Everyone enjoys the occasional ego boost, so perhaps this is just how the OP garners his in real life (previous threads would indicate such). Hopefully, the OP can assuage when the ego boost becomes unhealthy versus reasonable.

Dexter Morgan
Her finding me attractive is my assumption, and I'm not breaking up with my girlfriend so can it people.

this is unfortunate for your girlfriend. besides, if things persist, it may not be your decision.

My girlfriend has male friends who find her attractive, doesn't bother me in the least because I trust her as she trusts me.

uh, big difference here buddy. the attraction is both ways with you and this other girl, and you enjoy the attention you are getting from the catfight, you said this yourself.

so unless your gf is attracted to one of these guys you mention, and is enjoying the attention, like if you were to be upset about it like she is, then your sentence above might hold water as some sort of argument for your case.

She's not being hurt, and it's probably my fault for the way I typed it but you're way off base.

so you admit you both are attracted to each other, and that you like the drama that is being caused by this because it boosts your ego.....but we are off base? uh....ok:o

Dexter Morgan
Everyone enjoys the occasional ego boost, so perhaps this is just how the OP garners his in real life (previous threads would indicate such). Hopefully, the OP can assuage when the ego boost becomes unhealthy versus reasonable.

maybe his gf needs to start hanging around one of the guys that are attracted to her and develop an attraction as well and start disrespecting him like he is her.

I think this is really simple.

If there is someone both you and your partner know to be *into* you, flirting with you, wanting to spend time with you. You do the sensible thing. Either end the "friendship" or the "relationship". I think your an ass for not doing one or the other.

You're only holding onto both because you like being wanted by two girls at the same time, while obviously not thinking about how frustrating and hurtful this is for you girlfriend, stringing her along.

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' It's easier to sabotage and manipulate when you gain people's trust.

To be honest, I can't believe your girlfriend is still with you. :confused:

This is all too true. Women are capable of anything when they really want something. Don't underestimate this girl. Dexter has a great point when he said the decision to keep the relationship may come to a point when it is not up to you, and your girlfriend makes the decision.