19 year old girl too young for a 27 year old guy?

newguyhere

dreamingoftigers
Actualy the RCMP is like the FBI of Canada probably even more prided. LOL everyone knows who the RCMP are up here. The good ole Mounties! RCMP also cover patrols in towns that can't afford (or just don't have) their own police force, (like Maple Creek, Sask) they tend to be a little more lenient then city police. CSIS is more like our version of Homeland Security. Those guys can get fired for just about anything including moral things like sleep ing with a married woman ect. but sleeping with a 14 year old girl is legal. Yes, and it happened. The thing is if I was a 14 year old girl who was spited by an older man it would be really easy to F him over. Like if he ever gave her alcohol or she could just take a pic with her phone of herself naked and send it to him and that would probably be enough. (he liked me to txt him naked pix) so it wouldn't be hard if she really wanted to get him. But to just acuse him of sleeping with and dumping her wouldn't be enough.

It seemed that she had other emotional problems and was more broken up about the whole thing, not really trying to spite him. The officer was under the impression that he would be in trouble if he got caught, (text messages) the parents were trying to make a case of it showing proof that he lured her online etc. Legally though, it just couldn't fly.

There's nothing wrong with it, you're both consenting adults.

I'm surprised most people in this topic haven't said that a 27 year old being with a 19 year old makes him practically a pedophile. That's what I was totally expecting when I came into the topic.

Same here, I'm still waiting for it. Few people know or care what a pedophile really is.

Feelin Frisky

I had my cradle robbed by a woman 8 years older than me. She deflowered me. I was minding my own business and she took complete advantage. :rolleyes:

That's just the age for sexual consent. The age for voting/drinking etc is 18-19 depending on the province. In Alberta it is 18. Is it still 19 in Ontario?

It's 19 in Ontario but with drinking, those under 19 can drink at home under supevision. It's 18 in Québec.

Depends on the individual, like any other sex. Stalker much?

Responding to some of your posts makes me a stalker?

I'm afraid you obviously don't know the definition of a stalker. Also I came into this topic because it sounded interesting, not because of you, not everything revolves around you.

How old are you?

How old are you?

Sorry I'm not interested, I'm into women. I'm old enough to legally have sexual relations most places anyone else can though. Has to be noted that an adult American cannot legally have sex with anyone under 16 OUTSIDE the USA.

Not tracking the individual AoC laws closely, doesn't matter to me.

Edited by 112233
Sorry I'm not interested, I'm into women. I'm old enough to legally have sexual relations most places anyone else can though.

You didn't seem to mind letting people know your age under your old account though. Wasn't it in the 30's or 40's?

You didn't seem to mind letting people know your age under your old account though. Wasn't it in the 30's or 40's?

You have some on topic discussion to add? I don't care to discuss your imagination or to go off topic.

Let's keep in mind that women tend to mature emotionally much younger than men. I see no problem with a 8 year difference, even so young. Now if you were 19 and she was 11 i'd have a problem with it ;) She's old enough to make up her own mind and so are you.

A friend of mine's parents are 14 years difference in age and have been happily married for over 25 years and had 3 children. They got together when he was 42 and she was 28.

Go for it.

She's old enough to make up her own mind and so are you.

Yeah, she can vote, smoke cigarettes, operate a multi-ton metal death machine, join the military and get shot at, surely she can make up her own mind about who to let inside her vagina.

You have some on topic discussion to add? I don't care to discuss your imagination or to go off topic.

I am being on topic, we are discussing age differences.

I am being on topic, we are discussing age differences.

For purposes of this discussion you may imagine the person being discussed was born January 1st, 1963.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I have been seeing this 19 year old for about 2 months now. Everything is going great and she turns 20 this month (for some reason I will feel better about the age thing when she is no longer a teen). I am still being very careful about the situation. This whole experience has been a great confidence booster and helped me in every way imaginable to get over my ex.

I dont have the history with this new girl that I had with my ex so if it does end anytime soon it wont affect me as much, and helped me move on and realize that there are other girls out there. I am a new man. Just a few months ago I was as low and heartbroken as a man could get. I didnt think I could ever be with another girl other than my ex. Now I know I can :)

• 2 weeks later...
Another 19 year old girl after me:confused::confused: I dont get it. Why am I attracting beautiful 19 year old girls at age 27? Why couldnt I get beautiful 19 year old girls when I was 19 :lmao:. I didnt go out with the first girl because the age thing actually does bother me. But when will I ever get another chance to be with a 19 year old girl again? I just might give it a go with this other girl. I should know within a couple dates if could work anyway.

Because 19 year old guys are morons. I'm 29 now, but seriously, I had nothing to offer, all I wanted was to smoke pot and get some sweet rims for my car! Now I know who I am, I've got money, confidence, style, actual conversation skills and I know how to make someone feel good. And I can STILL get hammered and go crowd surfing at a rock show. We just plain have more when we're older, except hair lol. Though you'd be amazed the young chicks that don't give a $hit about that.

Meh, as long as the youngest one is of legal age I try not to judge factors I am only partially privy to.

The younger one could be wiser than their years while the older one completely immature.

For myself tho, I wouldn't date anyone who couldn't go to the same places or participate in the same activities as myself. Being over 21 and dating someone under 21 just seems silly to me.

I am 18, and I dated a 28-year-old man. Turned out I was emotionally more stable than he was.:rolleyes:

I am currently going after a guy who is 26. It's all about emotional maturity. If you are on the same level, it can work out great.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

There is no set age limit on love. As long as it's legal, and the relationship isn't so uneven that it's preposterous (like a 60 year old dating an 18 year old), then it's fine.

Another often overlooked factor is that she will NOT be 18 or 19 forever. If 18 is bad and 21 is ok you're probably looking at 2 and a half years or so until it's "ok". If you're almost or over 30 you must know that 2 or 3 years if you really love her is like nothing...seriously, it's nothing if you see that the person inside the shell of temporary youth is something special.

If there's one thing you learn from being older is that time flies. 3 years ago could've been yesterday to me right now...at 29! Every day that goes by it matters just that much less, and that's a fair point. When you're 40 and 52(or whatever)...who cares? And if it's just a short term fling...who gives a $hit anyway? She won't wreck you're heart any more just bc of her age, though the likelihood could be different.

Sure there's nothing wrong with it, I mean it is legal. I just wouldn't expect anything serious from a 19 year old. They still have a lot of experience to go through.

If you can remember yourself when you were that age, your world views, and how much you've learned and experience since then, then you should have a pretty good idea of what you're dealing with.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, yes. I'm female and 30, but here's my explanation as to why (not because it's creepy).

Critical thinking skills and the ability to reason develop in the frontal cortex of the brain not until we are well into our twenties (if at all for some us). This is when most of the growth in your personality and ability to rationalize occur. At 27, you are far more developed, emotionally and have a much larger capacity to reason than she does. Remember YOU at 19 and how different you must be at 27? How more mature your judgement and ability to form your opinions are?

Her values are still malleable at 19, you don't know who she is yet because SHE doesn't who she is yet. I have personally observed a shift in most women around 25. They are out of college, they have some real world experience, etc. She's not even old enough to go bars yet. She hasn't experienced a lot of the adult world. If she were 25 and you were 33, no problem, but I'd hold off on this one. It's not the age difference so much as it is its location on the time line.