19 year old girl too young for a 27 year old guy?

newguyhere

There is nothing immoral about 19 and 27.

It is however, one of those situations where I would try to get to know her first if possible. 19 and 27 are just really different places in life. At 19, she was a high school student living with her parents a year or two ago. If you're in the US, she can't drink legally. These things really might effect how you two interact. Plus, she might see you as more of a dad figure than a possible date (though obviously you aren't old enough to be her dad, you are a grown up).

Bob, you have no clue.

That "equation" relates to the average age given by men when responding to the question:

"What age in a mate would be ideal for you?"

No it isn't. It is a pretty long standing formula for "how young can you date?" and it applies to both men and women. It really is the "is this creepy?" formula.

The Creeper Equation:

(Age/2) + 7 = 20.5

Anything below the result of the equation is creeper status. I'm not judging him, it's just science.

My equation is slightly different. It's

[(Age/2) + 7] x 0 + 18 = 18

It works every time :lmao:

I am seeing this guy he is 28 .. and I am 20. But you have to take into consideration that I live on my own and work full time. I don't know if that makes a difference. Haha I don't see why it won't work out though.

kiss_andmakeup

OP, you won't really know for sure until you spend some time with her. If you go out and find that you are constantly reminded of how young she is (whether it's lack of maturity, inability to make coherent conversation, lack or perspective/intelligence), then yes, she's too young.

If you two click and you seem to all but forget about her age, then no, she's not too young.

My equation is slightly different. It's

[(Age/2) + 7] x 0 + 18 = 18

It works every time :lmao:

([(Age/2) + 7] x 0) + X = X, pick a number :lmao:

But the (age/2 + 7) has some, IMO, validity as the absolute MINIMUM age for a man to be dating.

(50/2) + 7 = 32.

For me, that is now an absolute minimum. I think...maybe....well surely probably, most likely.....anyway.....

([(Age/2) + 7] x 0) + X = X, pick a number :lmao:

But the (age/2 + 7) has some, IMO, validity as the absolute MINIMUM age for a man to be dating.

(50/2) + 7 = 32.

For me, that is now an absolute minimum. I think...maybe....well surely probably, most likely.....anyway.....

D'oh, you saw through my formula :p

Frankly I just don't agree with it. As a 29 year old dude it says that I shouldn't be dating anybody under than 21.5

What the formula doesn't take into account is that I'm a very young 29 year old. I'm still going to a university ( I took some time off to work) and I don't have a lot of relationship experience.

Most people guess I'm 23 so I'll use that age.

(23/2)+7=18.5 :cool:

D'oh, you saw through my formula :p

Frankly I just don't agree with it. As a 29 year old dude it says that I shouldn't be dating anybody under than 21.5

What the formula doesn't take into account is that I'm a very young 29 year old. I'm still going to a university ( I took some time off to work) and I don't have a lot of relationship experience.

Most people guess I'm 23 so I'll use that age.

(23/2)+7=18.5 :cool:

Yep, its all nonsense, just a guideline.

My guideline works like an algorithm rather than an equation.

Female? Alive? Willing? Its the FAW rule.

Most popularly quoted as Faw fawkes sake man.

I dont like dating girlz too much younger then me. I always feel like we have nothing in common. There is this really pretty chick that works in my dealership in reception and she's about 19 or 20. Everytime we have a convo I am so aware of how immature she is. The other guys in there late 20s early 30s always go on about her but I need more substance then just a physical attraction. Maybe because she says "like" every second word, haha.

I dont like dating girlz too much younger then me. I always feel like we have nothing in common. There is this really pretty chick that works in my dealership in reception and she's about 19 or 20. Everytime we have a convo I am so aware of how immature she is. The other guys in there late 20s early 30s always go on about her but I need more substance then just a physical attraction. Maybe because she says "like" every second word, haha.

So like, whats up with that like? Like you can't, like me coz I say like? Like?

I, like, find it hard to , like, get, like the word like, in every, like two words, like. So, like whats up with that like?

So like, whats up with that like? Like you can't, like me coz I say like? Like?

I, like, find it hard to , like, get, like the word like, in every, like two words, like. So, like whats up with that like?

Actually the likes are often followed up with or finished with OMG. Like OMG!! I like got so drunk last night, like OMG I like totally threw up in my purse in the taxi. (that was an actual convo from last week).

Actually the likes are often followed up with or finished with OMG. Like OMG!! I like got so drunk last night, like OMG I like totally threw up in my purse in the taxi. (that was an actual convo from last week).

Young and Stupid = Easy Prey

... I like got so drunk last night, like OMG I like totally threw up in my purse in the taxi. (that was an actual convo from last week).

:lmao: It doesn't get any classier than that.

Yes I remember the words, the word 'total' or 'totally' is so often over used in Americanese.

I remember a guy (He was a Cananananananadian, never sure when to stop spelling that word.) who came to work with us in the north of England once. He sat in the control room and told us that he had

"totalled his car on the freeway"

the previous week.

We all looked at each other. He had added up his car on an area that didn't cost any money? He must have drunk Canandnananananda (Still not sure when to quit spelling that word) Dry before he got here.

To all you Canananananandiandiianannnds. Love you really.

Only one problem with Canananananandnanandnanda, half of you speak French.

And the other half actually let you.

I met a girl recently that has all the values & likes that I have and we get along really well. The only problem is I am afraid I may be too old for her (or she is too young for me ha ha). I am not sure what to do here. I know it wouldnt be a big deal if she was 27 and I was 35, but 19 seems so young to me. Any thoughts? Eight years too much at our age?

I this maybe biased but I would advise against it.. I was in the EXACT same scenario although I was 25 and the chick was 19 and although we had fun and awesome sex her mentality wasn't there.. She was still in highschool mentality and another think you have to face and its BS if she claims otherwise is once girls hit 21 they feel that urge to go out clubbing etc.. my ex claimed she wasn't into it and since we'd broken up (remained in contact) EVERY time I talked to her since hitting 21 she was like "oh im getting ready to go out to a club"...

I just think the mentality at that certain age and your age is too much.. if you were 33 and she was 25 you'd be on similar ground but personally I found out in the age group I had hardly nothing in common and felt more like a mentor to her because she had only been outta highschool for a max 1-2 years.. Take it for what its worth from my personal experience and hell if you want then go for it for the fun but I wouldn't personally get too involved because you 2 are on different platforms.. You're 27 and I think want to settle down withing the next 5 years or so and she is 19 and just getting out of highschool and by the age of 21 I wouldn't be surpirsed if her friends convince her to dump you so she can be a young single 21 year old clubbing chick like MOST (not all) chicks seem to be..

Every chick in their early 20s ive encountered are obsessed with clubbing and I am now 27 also and Its okay but i dont really care for that scene but she is still a virgin to the real world whereas you've had experience.. This is just personally what I experienced with my ex which by the way only lasted about 3-4 months.. You may also find high levels of insecurity, jealousy etc.. she may not show it now but eventually it may come out if she's that kinda girl.. The truth is..

You claim she has similar values but she's a teenager and in reality she probably doesn't know what the hell she wants.. ask her the same question in 5 years and im sure her mentality will be different.. Take care... If you decide to persue it I would try to have fun but don't expect to marry this chick in my opinion..

Just to add.. I would at 27 also date or hookup with a 19 year old but I would never consider it anything serious and this is coming from someone with a freakin 15 year olds mentality.. I act like such an immature jack arse in having fun that I really don't feel 27 but I do know when it's time to be serious and I have experienced responsibilities in life that most likely this chick or my ex had encountered.. I think the reason we had so much fun is cuz i can act like a dumb arse and be stupid and she gets it whereas a chick my age may think I'm immature.. maybe i should either date a chick in mid 20s and be serious or just date a 19-20 and be able to act like a goof ball and not have to worry.. :lmao: you know what man.. i say life is short to worry about it.. if you wana go for it go into it with a fun mentality and who cares, i still stand on my conviction that I don't think it would last but hell at least if you have fun with it that's all that matters right ?

OP, reading your past posts, are you ready for a LTR or do you just want to date and have fun? Make sure you and she are on the same page. Usually, 19 y/o's are looking to have fun. She may differ from that generalization. Just be clear about your intentions and understand hers.

I don't personally see any issues with the age difference. Enjoy :)

Usually, 19 y/o's are looking to have fun.

In my experience, 18-21 year olds who are willing to date a guy in his late 20s or older are looking for something serious, whether or not they're mature enough to handle it. Otherwise they'd date another 19 year old.

OP, are you getting that vibe, that this young lady is looking for a serious LTR? I didn't meet too many of those back in college, but that was in the 1970's. Different era. I did get introduced to what would become an unhealthy habit, those young ladies who liked 'playing the field' while in an otherwise committed relationship, or at least so their boyfriends, fiances and/or husbands thought. Give it a whirl and see how it goes :)

:lmao: It doesn't get any classier than that.

I know right?

She's pretty and all but I think my face looks like this -->:confused: everytime I have a convo with her. Hot isnt always going to make up for being ridiculous ya know?

• Author
OP, are you getting that vibe, that this young lady is looking for a serious LTR? I didn't meet too many of those back in college, but that was in the 1970's. Different era. I did get introduced to what would become an unhealthy habit, those young ladies who liked 'playing the field' while in an otherwise committed relationship, or at least so their boyfriends, fiances and/or husbands thought. Give it a whirl and see how it goes :)

Well, I am not sure if she is looking for a LTR or not but she has stated that guys her age only want to be with her for the wrong reasons. To me that sounds like she is looking for someone more mature. Someone she would have a LTR with.

• Author
OP, reading your past posts, are you ready for a LTR or do you just want to date and have fun? Make sure you and she are on the same page. Usually, 19 y/o's are looking to have fun. She may differ from that generalization. Just be clear about your intentions and understand hers.

I don't personally see any issues with the age difference. Enjoy :)

To be honest, I am looking for another LTR. I havnt dated since summer 2009, so its time for me to get back in the game regardless. I have had opportunities to be with women since the ex, but I was not ready. The fact that I am finally interested in another girl is a sign that I am ready. I just dont know about the age difference with this one ha ha. Maybe I should just go for it and not worry about a LTR part right now.

Ask her what 'the wrong reasons' are and then watch her behavior to match her words.

I heard a *lot* of words when I was your age. No worries about trying IMO, but keep your eyes open. Watch those actions if you invest your emotions over time. People grow up a lot between her age and your age. Good luck :)

SincereOnlineGuy

No it isn't. It is a pretty long standing formula for "how young can you date?" and it applies to both men and women. It really is the "is this creepy?" formula.

Lady, wake up!

That formula's origin was as a way to assess the random answers to a survey given to men of all ages.

It would have been absolutely pointless to have men from 18 to 85 write in, give their age, and then the age of a woman they thought was "ideal" for them... only to have the results be written as an average age (which might have been 37.283916 years).

Nobody would have learned anything from that.

SO they took the age of the male, and then offered the answer in the form of an equation based on his own age. This way the "answer" suits everyone!

Any further use of that same identical equation has merely filtered through society and been wrongly presented.

Women aren't so much into detail, so of course the people who write your Cosmo articles wouldn't tend to offer you the truth, or the sources to the equation they print.

If women were into that much detail, they would **know** intuitively that the very same equation would be just about impossible to arrive at independently as the answer to a survey of men about ideal ages of a female mate.

(and of course if you read this equation in any other context, it was filtered through a woman's protesting men her age, on average, stating a desire for a woman considerably younger)

The Creeper Equation:

(Age/2) + 7 = 20.5

Anything below the result of the equation is creeper status. I'm not judging him, it's just science.

Actually that equation is some thing I rely on all the time. So does Emily Post (Miss Manners). But I think in this instance I think they are very compatible, worthy of stretching the rule some.