RM's Breakup/Coping Log

Rearden Metal

• Author
Rearden Metal

So yeah, check it out:

I'm going on a date tonight. We've had a few IM/text convo's, she seems to think I'm very attractive and acts really sweet to me. Calls me hunni and sweetheart and wants to know about me...etceeettterrraaa...

So I think she's cute, probably a little young/inexperienced for me. But she seems like a genuinely nice person, not terribly narcissistic but concerned with her appearance (it's raining like nuts here, I told her if she wants to wear a hat tonight it's cool...she says "no way not when you first meet me!)... overall seems like a sweet girl.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm going to take it slow, but almost 100% gonna make out with her. That seems to be my thing. LOL.

make out with her?? ..sounds like kindergarten. .....soon, your gonna grow hair in funny places and start liking girls!!!

lol geez i crack myself up! RM, just handle it!!!

..really though, just have fun.

• Author
Rearden Metal
make out with her?? ..sounds like kindergarten. .....soon, your gonna grow hair in funny places and start liking girls!!!

lol geez i crack myself up! RM, just handle it!!!

..really though, just have fun.

Haha, I will man. I'm a bit of a make out whore. I've kissed girls I have zero interest in, and will again I'm sure. LOL.

• Author
Rearden Metal
about 2 more months and you'll be in pretty good shape!

I feel like this is super accurate. Things will be really good in two months.

Oh, also...this is big...

My company (family business) had a terrible 09, a lackluster Dec-Mar 1... we are barely squeeking by right now.

Today, we got a sales report. We expected 1st quarter numbers for the line to be ~550K. We gathered around, held our breath and clicked the browser...

995K. We doubled our expected sales! This correllates to an extra $50K in commissions. After expenses, I'll be getting a $12K bonus for the quarter. Thank you 6lb, 5oz baby Jesus!!!

dreamingoftigers

Sweet, I have a family business too. Our sales are a little smaller though :)

We don't even pull in 12K a month... yet.

• Author
Rearden Metal
Sweet, I have a family business too. Our sales are a little smaller though :)

We don't even pull in 12K a month... yet.

In 08 we were pulling in 50-60K a month. Not bad for a 4 person operation. But we expanded to 5 people to meet demands, and our commissions dropped to 30-35k a month last year. Needless to say, it was a much tighter year.

This new report, if at all accurate, means I will not be so broke this year :)

blind_otter

It's heartening to see you doing so well. It gives hope to those of us who are still feelings angsty. It gives me hope that I will be able to break my vow of celibacy at some point.

• Author
Rearden Metal
It's heartening to see you doing so well. It gives hope to those of us who are still feelings angsty. It gives me hope that I will be able to break my vow of celibacy at some point.

Thanks hun :)

I mean, if you wanna come to Boston. I have a hot tub. Just sayin'.

But really, I'm doing much better!

The date went very nicely. We went to a steakhouse and then had drinks after. Conversations was really pleasant, she was very engaging and a great listener as well. We both talked a LOT, got a lot of stories in and had a good time. Then we made out a whole lot, LOL. She's a great kisser! I'm a very good kisser and I've rarely made out with girls that are any good at it, but this one definitely is!

We'll be going out again Saturday... I'm going really slow with this one but I do like her so far!

• Author
Rearden Metal

X post from the other thread this AM:

I deleted the email without a response. I will not respond to crumbs. You guys came through for me in a big way... I was pretty close to sending a picture of lush, green southern England and "Guess it's not", as a reply.

But I didn't, and I'm moving on with my day. She'll have to really put work in for me to respond. I want to see a miracle, or have silence, basically.

In the meantime, I'm flirting with this new girl. I think I'll take her to Newport RI this weekend to check out the mansions and have dinner. A lot of my work is in those houses so I can kinda explain to her what I do while sightseeing.

DWBH, thanks for telling me. I'm glad people all have their own logs on here. I can't keep up with all of them but I will certainly drop in on yours as much as possible~!

I think I'll take her to Newport RI this weekend to check out the mansions and have dinner. A lot of my work is in those houses so I can kinda explain to her what I do while sightseeing.

That sounds like SUCH a cool date! I am very jealous...

• Author
Rearden Metal
That sounds like SUCH a cool date! I am very jealous...

My surrogate aunt/architectural rep lady suggested that date :) She's hilarious, asks 20 questions about everything...never lets me off the hook!

My mother joked that if she needed to know anything about me, she'd just ask her...

DoT, yeah, there's a light. I can see it.

blind_otter
Thanks hun :)

I mean, if you wanna come to Boston. I have a hot tub. Just sayin'.

But really, I'm doing much better!

We'll be going out again Saturday... I'm going really slow with this one but I do like her so far!

Better to go slow. I think people can hide entire sides of their personality for 3-6 months, depending on how much face time you get. Too often people get all into things immediately only to discover secret psychotic personality traits 2 months in. Hell, one of my friends split with her ex at the 3 month mark and a week later the cops were knocking on her door because apparently he had had this entire double life that she was completely unaware of.

Boston? How weird. You are the second person to tell me to visit Boston in the last week.

• Author
Rearden Metal

We have wicked good clam chowdah! And apparently (as I learned on LS), the nation's 15th largest dicks, per capita.

• Author
Rearden Metal

In response to my friend, who also advises NC...

Thanks man. It's hard. I find myself wishing she was who I want her to be. But her actions are so transparent. It's so obvious she's just looking for gratification to keep herself propped up.

I wish she'd work on herself. But who am I kidding, I crashed and burned thoroughly and was in my 30's before I FORCED myself to work on myself. And I'm just getting started, really. It's hard to expect a 26 y/o KID with all those problems to face up to them and become healthier.

I miss her... the part of her that won me over. It's such a small sliver of who she was to me. And then, she pulled that part back and all that was left was a vampire, sucking my life out of me. I don't even know if what I missed was real anymore.

• Author
Rearden Metal

I just realized I'm starting not to care as much. Like, whatever, she's off doing what she thinks is best. She contacts me, she has a reason. Whatever whatever whatever...

I'm bored with it. I went through so much pain that I hit the bottom of the well. I once had $250k, a house, a wife and a dog, two pricey German vehicles and a high paying job. I lost everything. Well, I have the Beamer still. But sh*t, I need a new one now!

I met this girl, she saw me sink to my lowest point. And at my lowest point, she was my peer.

I'm climbing back up now. She will soon be in the dust. There will be a time in the not so distant future where I'll have everything back that I've lost, materially, and I'll have grown as a person, to boot.

She's not in my league. Mentally, physically, emotionally. I tower over her. She'll be a footnote, soon.

hey - I've been trying to read back through your posts so I can try understand what the story is and what happened... all i can say at this point is first and foremost you gotta try stop counting the days you don't have any contact. I know this because I just stopped myself doing it. My ex quite literally just ended things with no real explanation, but still txts me...if i text him back he hardly ever responds and if i ever try to call i just get ignored...talk about a head xxxx and a half.

i kept counting the number of days we went without any contact (or that i didn't get contact from him) and im telling you it just drove me insane. my mobile would literally be glued to my side just in case he text me. ANYTHING would do, even if it was just an X as a kiss from him...which again led me to think he still loved me and wanted me in some way. what this did was make me totally miserable as it was like him constantly dangling a carrot in my face and cruelly pulling it away any time i showed any interest.

i dunno about u but im gonna kp tryna just chill...inside i know i would still take him back without any hesitation and would do anything to try and get him baack but to date none of my efforts has done anything except drive him the opposite direction :-( x so all i can say is if you know inside you would still have your ex back or want to get her back, first things first are just pulling back and just chilling for a bit...u prob cud do with a proper rest x

• Author
Rearden Metal

hey Amber, thanks for dropping in.

Well, boys and girls, I don't have energy for a proper update... but suffice to say that I'm definitely getting over her. I miss her less, and I'm finding my emotional state to be rather even keel.

I'm talking to this new girl a bit. She's sweet and kind, and a little naughty LOL. We're meeting Saturday for a second date. Maybe having someone be nice to me for a change has fixed my mood.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my ex. I just don't feel hopeless without her anymore. I think she lacks life experience and she's finding that things haven't changed much for her without me, and with a new man. It's the same stuff. She might wise up that it's HER, not US.

Yes, I had an email convo with her last night and this AM. No, I didn't grovel or ask for anything from her. In fact, I requested more NC after we talked a bit and it was clear to me that I've grown a lot and she's more or less stayed the same.

I'm not emotionally as invested as I was just 3 weeks ago. I feel like an interested/curious observer at this point. I don't think I've hurt my healing too much. I don't even care at the moment that she's sleeping with some chump. Hey, maybe he's a cool guy. I feel bad for him! LOL.

Flame away, I got my Hazmat suit on!

I've been following your thread because you've come so far. An inspiration actually. You are really sounding great. i would not be surprised your X picks up on it and starts contacting you..Just be prepared. Enjoy the fun with the new girl you are going out with. I really think she could be the "bridge" to get you over this X and Ms. X might not be all that and you not want her. lets us know how the Sat deal goes.

I just got referred to "friends" by my X of 4 weeks. I did get my fix with him contacting me knowing that he has not blocked me. I dont like to be in Friend Zone and I felt like I didnt want him back either. I think Saturday will be a good test on how you are doing in regards to moving on.

Keep the healing going! keep us posted

• Author
Rearden Metal
I've been following your thread because you've come so far. An inspiration actually. You are really sounding great. i would not be surprised your X picks up on it and starts contacting you..Just be prepared. Enjoy the fun with the new girl you are going out with. I really think she could be the "bridge" to get you over this X and Ms. X might not be all that and you not want her. lets us know how the Sat deal goes.

I just got referred to "friends" by my X of 4 weeks. I did get my fix with him contacting me knowing that he has not blocked me. I dont like to be in Friend Zone and I felt like I didnt want him back either. I think Saturday will be a good test on how you are doing in regards to moving on.

Keep the healing going! keep us posted

Funny that you should say this. Just had a lengthy conversation with Ex. She's scared as hell (if you see our history you can see why) but she's asking for a second chance.

I'll update this with details in the AM. Night Shakkers.

Hi RM, just popped in your log, read through most of your posts and saw how much strenght you have. I have a lot of admiration that you still keep on going; no drugs, no alcohol, but WITH a new date AND a hot tub. Lol :)

It's really nice to read how you're coping with this and actually seeing the light at the end of the tunnel a little bit. It's sort of an inspiration, really.

I'm curious to read your update on the conversation with the ex. Please keep us posted!