RM's Breakup/Coping Log

Rearden Metal

nowomanocry

Hey RM

Hello. Read your good news on your posts. Cool man!

Back, me NC with my ex for around 2,5 months

I am doing well ; had a short term relationship but saved myself out of it (if interested read my marry or not to marrry thread on marriage.)

Take care

• Author
Rearden Metal

Ah, NWNC, you're back! What happened, did you get a little rowdy here or sumthin?

nowomanocry
Ah, NWNC, you're back! What happened, did you get a little rowdy here or sumthin?

Lol yeah, from the looks of it.

Seems like there some hypocrism around here... I see a lot of threads with loads of swearing etc. and me get banned whileas some others not..

Secondly, not good to tell the truth because it hurts - everybody believes in lies and keep decepting themselves man!

I think some here don't like me that much lol

Anyway, good to hear from you - talk soon

Read my last thread and my last ST relationship after "ex" - A real "fatal attraction" case lmao

• Author
Rearden Metal

I'll check it out. In the meantime, remember that many are on here to cope with their relationship issues, so they may be more sensitive.

What you say is almost less important than how you say it. Diplomacy wins.

nowomanocry

Yeah I can see that now lol

I mean, in that case he was desperate and still letting her use him after he got dumped and there was empathy between us. So maybe I crossed the line a bit but hey it's over now

Anyway, back and reading the forums.

Have a great w/e :))

(she's left me and started dating another guy right away 3 times in less than 2 years)

My god!! That's just evil. I hope you get well away from this girl!!

• 1 month later...
  • Author
Rearden Metal

Gaaaaaasssssssssssp!!! *opens coffin lid*

Hey guise!

It's been a while. Here's a short update. GF and I are still happily together. We just moved into a place together this weekend. I'm in the process of unpacking and putting away a ton of stuff.

We occasionally argue over things from our past, but mostly we just get it out of our systems and then work on moving forward positively. She's been off all medications, even birth control, for over 4 months now, and I can honestly say it's like dealing with a totally different, sane person.

Anyway it's only been 3.5 months back together, but so far, so good. I guess I'm that rare statistic, but if it gives anyone hope that the right thing to do is better themselves and maintain NC, it's worth telling my story.

Later (til later), guys...

Gaaaaaasssssssssssp!!! *opens coffin lid*

Hey guise!

It's been a while. Here's a short update. GF and I are still happily together. We just moved into a place together this weekend. I'm in the process of unpacking and putting away a ton of stuff.

We occasionally argue over things from our past, but mostly we just get it out of our systems and then work on moving forward positively. She's been off all medications, even birth control, for over 4 months now, and I can honestly say it's like dealing with a totally different, sane person.

Anyway it's only been 3.5 months back together, but so far, so good. I guess I'm that rare statistic, but if it gives anyone hope that the right thing to do is better themselves and maintain NC, it's worth telling my story.

Later (til later), guys...

Rearden,

Great work man, you have gotten further than many and 3.5 months is really something. No one can fault you.

I read your posts from the beginning and you really worked hard on yourself and I know you have been an inspiration for me and many others on here, regardless of getting back with your ex or not. (I know I have no plans to now)

Anyhow, best of luck and keep us up to date man.

Best,

Sup

• 8 months later...
  • Author
Rearden Metal

Hai guys!

What did I miss?

LOL, I haven't logged on since last July, I think. I pretty much lived on this site through my roughest patch, and it definitely helped me get through it!

Here's the update:

GF and I are still together. We moved in together last July and have recently opened a joint savings account to pay for our wedding :love:

She's moved from school straight up to a clinic manager at her job making just under 6 figures. My work has picked up considerably as well and financially I'm sorting my way out of the cave I was in.

She lost almost 30 lbs, and I've gotten very serious about training again and plan to compete in October again for the first time in 9 years!

I'm looking at engagement rings (holy $$$ batman) and we plan to marry in 2013 and hopefully start our family.

So there you have it... so far so good. Hope there are more like me!

dreamingoftigers

I think that that is wonderful and amazing!:)

I followed your thread when I first joined LS!

Congratulations!

And good luck to you in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
DontWorryBHappy

RM, I followed and contributed to this thread way back when, and you contributed to mine. I always thought this thread should have been pinned, because I could not think of anyone who handled a break up better. I'm actually suffering another myself, so I searched for your thread to read it over for more inspiration. So glad to hear things have worked out this well. Good luck to your new family!!

• 2 months later...
  • Author
Rearden Metal
RM, I followed and contributed to this thread way back when, and you contributed to mine. I always thought this thread should have been pinned, because I could not think of anyone who handled a break up better. I'm actually suffering another myself, so I searched for your thread to read it over for more inspiration. So glad to hear things have worked out this well. Good luck to your new family!!

Hope this one is easier, now that you are armed with the tools to cope it.

I just thought I'd check in and see if anyone is reading my old thread anymore. GF and I are still chuggin' along. Picked out the engagement ring, we even went to a wedding expo together. Backing off it a bit now to enjoy the summer as much as we can.

The one thing I can tell people is that I would have made it through and been happy with or without her. The fact that our story has us back together is a happy outcome, but I want to stress that RM woulda been just fine going solo and SO CAN YOU.

DontWorryBHappy

Thanks RM, I'm not quite there yet, but I'm only a few days NC so I should be trudging out of this black hole I'm in soon. Glad to hear things are going so well for you!

Duckduckgoose

Wow! I didn't know this existed! I think I'm gonna read it all the way through!

You and your gf are picking out an engagement ring!?

Aww I missed the juicy parts!