my ex made me feel absolutely HORRIBLE today

shadowplay

• Author
Odd wording for a man who's purportedly in love, no?

I thought he meant he needs time to readjust to being with someone else.

I thought he meant he needs time to readjust to being with someone else.
I strongly doubt it. He's full of poop.

Stay away from this headcase, for your own emotional health. Focus on your man, who's emotionally healthy!

• Author
It sounds like he had been treating you like crap in an effort to leave the relationship - to use his words, "wiggle out," but was unsuccessful.

I know, but it hurts that he apparently sees that as a justification for treating someone that way.

It's weird because when we broke up a few months ago he was much more apologetic and self aware about his role in the breakup. He even sent me several plaintive emails about how he still loved me. I made an effort to be nice to him, and responded whenever he tried to reach out. I even helped him with a class assignment he was stuck on.

But the second he found somebody new he suddenly wanted nothing to do with me and he rewrote history regarding our relationship. It makes me feel manipulated with those earlier emails, like he was only interested in having someone fill the void of loneliness. Once he found somebody to fill it, he was free to treat me like crap.

• Author

Let's just say I talked to a mutual friend. This girl does exist, but he came on her like gangbusters, she freaked, and she told him she wasn't interested after one brief meet-up. So much for him having found "true love."

I hope I can put this behind me now.

My boyfriend has been amazing. He knows that I'm really stressing out because of the pregnancy. He also knows that I've been hurting a bit because of my ex, and he's been really supportive and understanding. I've also tried to be sensitive to his feelings and not talk about it much. If my ex was all fluff and no stuff (showering me, when we first met, with floral prose that was entirely empty), my boyfriend is all stuff and no fluff. He's honest and has no tolerance for BS. I can't over emphasize what a good, solid, sweet person he is.

But the second he found somebody new he suddenly wanted nothing to do with me and he rewrote history regarding our relationship.

Alot of people do that Shadow. It isn't about "you"! It's about him and his own truth.

Ever hear that expression, 3 sides of the truth? Yours, his and the actual truth?

Let it go, try your best NOT to care what he thinks or does. He is your ex and after 3+ months, to give him this much power over your emotions isn't good. And, it's not fair to your current boyfriend.

I know, but it hurts that he apparently sees that as a justification for treating someone that way.

Why though, that's his issue - it has nothing to do with you. He wasn't man enough to end it when it wanted out, so he did the cowardly "I'll just be the biggest arse ever so she wants to leave ME." It just didn't work.

Seriously, I know I shouldn't have asked, but I don't think scolding me for doing it is really helping right now.

I feel totally awful.

what a douche. totally without any class. yes, it's true you asked, but that doesn't give him licence to run you over with an 18-wheeler truck.

if its any consolation, no sane or mature individual totally falls in love after one day; real love is discovered over time. this won't end well for him.