For the men

I just want to say this.

A woman is like a rose. If you nurture her, she will bloom. If you don't she will wither.

If you love your wives. Do yourselves a favor and show them everyday.

I know that I have my problems. I have seen areas that I could be a better husband.

I have made a decision to start a personal journey to become a real man for myself so that I can be the man that my wife deserves. I owe this to myself and I owe this to her.

No matter the outcome, I lover her.

I just want to say this.

A woman is like a rose. If you nurture her, she will bloom. If you don't she will wither.

I know that I have my problems. I have seen areas that I could be a better husband.

I have made a decision to start a personal journey to become a real man for myself so that I can be the man that my wife deserves. I owe this to myself and I owe this to her.

This is very smart. Making your wife feel adored, cherished, cared for, listened too..unless you have married a soul less skeleton of a human being..all these things will be for YOUR benefit too.

Great to see a man consciously work towards his partners happiness.Women who feel love and cherished are happy women. Men take note ;)

Simon Attwood
I just want to say this.

This works both ways and has to be mutual to really work. Although it more often than not requires an instigator.

As creatures with a concept of identity, we rely on others, especially upon our partners, to help define that identity. Having a sense of sexual value is important to both partners and it is essential that the giving of that sense of sexual value is mutually exchanged for a harmonious dependent relationship to flourish.

As dysfunctional as the above sounds, it only becomes dysfunctional when the scales are perceived to be out of balance. And this perception of an imbalance is essentially the primary destructive force in a relationship. Relationships are essentially a union based upon dependency in some form or other.

And this perception of an imbalance is essentially the primary destructive force in a relationship.

I agree. Both sides should make the other feel good. Not just men, and not just women. 50/50 baby

What OP does not know is that this same woman is having an affair behind his back and one day will tell him she is no longer in love with him. If you really believe this crap you have a lot to learn.

Simon Attwood
What OP does not know is that this same woman is having an affair behind his back and one day will tell him she is no longer in love with him. If you really believe this crap you have a lot to learn.

No bitterness there then :laugh:

I just want to say this.

you are being too beta... women get fed up with weak, suffocating men... :)

Just like everything there's a fine balance. Maybe he was treating his wife like dirt and now he's being nicer. Who knows?

I think you need to watch some football and drink a beer ;)

OMG.. I spitted my coffee in my screen..........:lmao:

It is nice to see that there are still men who adore their wives, cherish them, listen to them.. buy them gifts and flowers... cook for them.. do most of the housework so that she can rest and enjoy their 'ME' time... do everything it takes to make them happy... even do cartwheels in the living room once in a while... then she just stares at him and find him weak and boring.. give him sex at HER convenience (about once every 2 months)... and sometimes turns around and get a hot lover from work.. because deep down she knows that he will forgive and keep giving her the world.. :o

Sorry but being 'too nice' can be desastrous ...

BlueeyedJonesy

Jeff, you sound like such a good guy but just like simon said...marriage is a two way street. She needs to take care of you as well or else it will never work. Keep your head up.

I just want to say this.

Nice Jeff but if my husband said, "I lover you" I would cry out

laughing. I am glad you are starting a personal journey but make

sure you don't become the masochist in your relationship, unless you

like that kind of stuff. ;)

Lee

I just want to say this.

Disregard the cynics, Jeff. Rare is the man to research what women really want in an effort to improve not only themselves, but their relationship with that woman.

And to the cynics, a man who knows how women tick can get all the tail he wants.....or he can be "right!" :)

We are not cynics... we've been there and we know what's it like...

I just would like to give Jeff my best wishes and I hope he will succeed where many of us in the same situation have failed...

She's_NotInLove_w/Me
I just want to say this.

The man who can not just write this but truly LIVE it day in and day out, every waking moment - he will be rewarded with a partner who meets all of his needs in every way shape and form!

I also wasn't cynic... when a man try TOO hard.. it just doesn't work.. for me anyway... :o (and I think for most women)

She's_NotInLove_w/Me
We are not cynics... we've been there and we know what's it like...

cyn⋅ic

1.a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

2.a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude.

I would actually define many of the negative responses as being from a cynical point of view.

Not that all of them are necessarily cynical or written by cold hearted cynics...

cyn⋅ic

1.a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

2.a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude.

I would actually define many of the negative responses as being from a cynical point of view.

Not that all of them are necessarily cynical or written by cold hearted cynics...

what's the point of smilies, then? :eek:

She's_NotInLove_w/Me
what's the point of smilies, then? :eek:

My post comes across a little too matter of fact; it was meant to be slightly in jest also... ;)

Hey, unlike Ghandi who said "Be the change you wish to see in the world," I prefer: "Be the change you wish to see in the relationship."

And talk, talk, talk, read, read, read....

Learn to "do" relationships well. Don't hang with negative, cyncial people. Examine what couples in wonderful relationships are doing, not mediocre or poor ones.

We have one life: It is up to us to make it as spectacular as possible.

Stop approaching every relationship as quid pro quo: I did this for you, now you have to do this for me.

Especially your most important one; the romantic one you have with your SO!

That needs more care, more tenderness, daily acts of kindness, frequent 'I love you's," surprises, respect and fun!

It is when we grow complacent that problems arise, IMHO.