after 20+ years she wants a divorce??

Chrome Barracuda

...Why the F would you waste your breath it's over GT4!!!

OVER!!!

Letter or no letter. protective order or no. This bitch doesnt want you anymore. no you didnt do anything like we asked when you first got here, you was so complacent you didnt see the warning signs but I'm going to be real with you, now that it's all said and done. In hindsight why try to argue wth people about your divorce that has already happened?

WTF do you get outta rehashing the past for a betraying bitch that left you???

What the F do YOU get outta it. You can analyze it til your blue in the face it doesnt change the facts that she's gone. She doesnt want you anymore.

You can correct your faults and defects and find happiness again with another woman in your corner by your side. Why stay stuck on one female who isnt the right fit for you anyways?? WTF why torture yourself.

GUYS LEAVE GT450 THE f ALONE! IT'S OVER IT'S DONE.

right now GT the best thing is to focus on things that make you happy, it's not about you and her anymore, it's about you. Your rebuilding of your life and reconstruction of you as a person and human being. Loosing her is not the end of you. There's always more fish in the sea!!!

Windsurf, she will not be friends with me. She has told me we can never be friends.

In fact, if I even attempt to contact her she has said she will put out a protective order against me or something. Not sure she can even do this since I never laid a hand on her.

Whatever! She will have nothing to do with me.

As pathetic a man that I am I was planning on giving her a letter roughly one year post divorce (xmas 2010) to ask her to reconsider. Not sure she will go for this but what do I have to lose?

If she throws the letter away I will move on to another relationship with somebody new. Life is too short. We will see.

She must have been quite put off by your past negativity towards her since she reacted so strongly. Well, you are right that you have nothing to lose as of now.

My suggestion is to start by telling her clearly that you still care for her, and just want to maintain a friendship with her. Be supportive of her in every way, including her r/s with the OM. Remember you are just a friend to her. Startly slowly from text/email, to calls, then to lunch/dinner. Be patient for her to bite the bait :)

Chrome Barracuda

She's left and screwing someone else, and your advice to him, is to be FRIENDS?!

Hell no F that!!! she even threatened him with a restraining order!!!

What does it take to realize that it's over!!!

He's only setting himself for failure if he tries again to be with this woman...

I am trying to move on and have dated here and there. But it seems that nobody will touch a 48 year old divorced guy on the rebound.

Who have you been dating? No bar chicks! They are ......, I rather not say it.

As pathetic a man that I am I was planning on giving her a letter roughly one year post divorce (xmas 2010) to ask her to reconsider. Not sure she will go for this but what do I have to lose?

If she throws the letter away I will move on to another relationship with somebody new. Life is too short. We will see.

I really hope you are no longer planning to do that. :mad:

• Author
I really hope you are no longer planning to do that. :mad:

Guys, for the most part I agree with chromebarracuda.

I really is over. The letter was something that I poured my heart into. It is to mark a timeline where I will let her go completely and it is a symbol of that. Whether I give it too her or not is really not important.

I only came back here to finish my story and let people know what happened. It was a courtesy from me to you. Not really wanting or needing advice because it really is done as Cuda said. I have learned my own faults and I am simply sharing my story for others to learn from.

She is sick. She is in MLC and possibly depressed. This is why I had hope that she would go through it and come out well. For some it takes years. But I will not wait that long. As Cuda said, plenty of fish out there that may be better suited.

The dating thing is mostly online. Nothing too serious yet. But I have found that nothing makes you forget about a woman quicker than another woman. I am treading lightly however.

Wish me luck.

Edited by g450
spellin

Im so sorry you are going through this. Im married to my husband and he is cheating. Married 15 years together for 17 with 3 daughters. He is going through a midlife crisis and let me tell you it hurts like hell. I guess there isn't really anything we can do but just let it happen and protect ourselves and our children. I am angry that we can spend our entire lifetime with a person building a relationship thinking we will spend those golden years with them because they are the love of our life only to one day hear those words that they are leaving. Its so sad!

Chrome Barracuda

Yeah it does suck...

But warriors are forged in battle. this is another war where you must win.

That being said. I think that GT can have a great future. By a motorcycle. Go on a few dates, hit the gym, start a business.

JNsac, life is what you make it. You cannot worry about what your spouse is doing if they want to self destruct, let them. protect yourself and your kids show the other no sympathy.

Sorry you'r going through this, but dont bother with the letter it's not going to help, she's gone. Maybe in the future if you just stay NC she might ease up and you end up being friendly again. But for now just leave it. Try a birthday card and Christmas card. You never know. Just get on with your own life leave her to hers.

Guys, for the most part I agree with chromebarracuda.

I really is over. The letter was something that I poured my heart into. It is to mark a timeline where I will let her go completely and it is a symbol of that. Whether I give it too her or not is really not important.

I only came back here to finish my story and let people know what happened. It was a courtesy from me to you. Not really wanting or needing advice because it really is done as Cuda said. I have learned my own faults and I am simply sharing my story for others to learn from.

She is sick. She is in MLC and possibly depressed. This is why I had hope that she would go through it and come out well. For some it takes years. But I will not wait that long. As Cuda said, plenty of fish out there that may be better suited.

The dating thing is mostly online. Nothing too serious yet. But I have found that nothing makes you forget about a woman quicker than another woman. I am treading lightly however.

Wish me luck.

g450, you do need to love to be with yourself. You shouldn't be where you say no one wants to touch a 48 year old. If that's how you view yourself, what kind of energy do you think you are sending? It sounds like you still have hope in your heart, and that's understandable. This is a time for healing. Your identity has been wrapped up in a marriage for so long, it seems you don't know who you are. You need time to heal and time to appreciate yourself before anyone will love you the right way. When you love yourself and respect others, you won't allow others to abuse you in any way. It's a fact. I'm not talking arrogance. I'm talking about enjoying life. Go ahead and date. However, don't make the mistake of wanting someone to fill your life up with experiences you should be giving yourself. Go to the gym, go out, learn to go places alone (I know it sounds lame, but you have to have the confidence to be comfortable in your own skin). Don't allow what society expects to define you, you need to define yourself. The pain won't go over-night, but the more you concentrate on your growth and fulfillment and what you want and who you are, that's the same type of energy that will be drawn to you and women. You have a lot of life left if you choose to participate in your own fulfillment. It has nothing to do with being 48. You sound like a man with great assets and a broken heart. That's ok. No one is perfect, but you can definitely enhance your positive aspects.