Using a gift card on a first date??

BWLoca

• Author

It seemed odd to me as well.

I didn't provoke anything. Weirdly enough, I don't think he's out for just sex. But the messages are a bit too forward for my tastes.

Glad you think so. Well, its not always the case. I've had guys chat with me online and on phone, without actually meeting me. They seem genuine at first, then suddenly they tell me they were hoping I was an easy lay or something to that effect. Or ask me to "come over". Things like that. Yes, he did reschedule, but that doesn't mean he isn't looking to get laid.

Sorry... but it's way to strange that OP spent how much time validating how tacky and cheap this guy is and all of a sudden she mentions he's been sending sexual messages :rolleyes:

Even if that did happen to you, I truly believe there were some signs that he was looking for sex.

• Author

Honestly, you're hell-bent on calling me a liar and any other name you can think of...so it really doesn't matter what I say.

And it wasn't just me validating this...also, I never said that the texts validated my feelings... I just said I was going to call off the date because I was feeling uneasy after getting those messages.

Yes, the signs were in those texts :D

It seemed odd to me as well.

I didn't provoke anything. Weirdly enough, I don't think he's out for just sex. But the messages are a bit too forward for my tastes.

I meant odd that he just all of a sudden was sending these messages :confused:

Honestly, you're hell-bent on calling me a liar and any other name you can think of...so it really doesn't matter what I say.

And it wasn't just me validating this...also, I never said that the texts validated my feelings... I just said I was going to call off the date because I was feeling uneasy after getting those messages.

Yes, the signs were in those texts :D

Personally, I'm good at seeing the signs. :)

If a guy sent me those text, I definitely would not trust he had good intentions. If he respected you, he wouldn't have sent them. Maybe he wasn't just after sex, but I have a feeling he was. It is good you are not going to date him.

• Author

Seriously, color me surprised as well...

We usually had normal conversations...

I will say I looked over the random "Muah!" (kiss sound, I'm assuming?) messages he sent. But then it just got worse...this happened the past week, I just hadn't posted about it...

I will say I looked over the random "Muah!" (kiss sound, I'm assuming?) messages he sent. But then it just got worse...this happened the past week, I just hadn't posted about it...

Come on... it happened the last week, in the last week you accepted a date with him. You've posted about how tacky and cheap he is. Yet the sexual messages never came to mind?

• Author

I just wanted opinions on the gift card thing. The asking happened earlier. Seriously never expected this thread to be so long. When he rescheduled, I never answered as I was already turned off.

See I would have analyzed that. I think I over analyze but sometimes it benefits me. He hasn't met you, and he doesn't know you enough to be sending kissing text messages. Trust me, I've had a guy do that, and sure enough he was a weird one. It will only get worse, and it did for you. Hence, the dirty messages.

• Author
See I would have analyzed that. I think I over analyze but sometimes it benefits me. He hasn't met you, and he doesn't know you enough to be sending kissing text messages. Trust me, I've had a guy do that, and sure enough he was a weird one. It will only get worse, and it did for you. Hence, the dirty messages.

Lesson learned :laugh:

I wasn't sure if I should be worried or if it was just part of his personality...

Lesson learned :laugh:

I wasn't sure if I should be worried or if it was just part of his personality...

But you were worried that he wanted to pay with a gift card :rolleyes:

Wow, I can't believe the last couple pages filled with repeat personal attacks on the OP. Is she not allowed to voice her concerns or her preferences? Are y'all trying to beat her down? Why? Because she got asked out on a date, and HAS STANDARDS and therefore questioned the circumstances?? I smell jealousy.

Oh stop..

We all judge people that we go out with.. money, looks, hair color, breath, smell, age, education.... whatever..

She was the one that was asked out in the manner she was and she posted about it.. so what..

I personally think the guy is a cheapskate.. but that is only me..

You don't but mainly because you are young..

I've said before that it isn't that he was going to pay with a gift card that is the issue..

It is that he asked her out because he had one..

The guy was 26 and trying to impress her with a gift card..

That is no different then asking a girl out and then taking her to Mcdonalds for a first date..

First Dates are ALL about IMPRESSIONS..

Agreed, 1000000%.

So? I'm human and I'm going to get impressions from people. I realize that not everything is going to go the way I want it to go.

So, by accepting I'm settling. But by refusing, I'm being shallow and judgmental. Can't win, apparently.

No, you can't, BWL. Don't worry... it's just a whole lotta pots calling the kettle black in this thread. :)

Wow, I can't believe the last couple pages filled with repeat personal attacks on the OP. Is she not allowed to voice her concerns or her preferences? Are y'all trying to beat her down? Why? Because she got asked out on a date, and HAS STANDARDS and therefore questioned the circumstances?? I smell jealousy.

Yeah, even though I don't agree that a giftcard is cheap or tacky, it seems the last few pages were pretty much personal attacks on the OP to the extreme.

It definitely went overboard.

IMO, asking for a date while referencing a gift card is tacky. I'm still not sure how I feel about using one, but I'm inclined to feel the same way. I'd probably ask whether I was being irrational in thinking that way as well.

Yeah, even though I don't agree that a giftcard is cheap or tacky, it seems the last few pages were pretty much personal attacks on the OP to the extreme.

It definitely went overboard.

It absolutely did. The opposing opinions were clear, there was no need to beat a dead horse.

The opposing opinions were clear, there was no need to beat a dead horse.

:)

Yes, this is true.

TwinkletOes26

wow just...wow...Who the heck cares if he paid with a gift card? Was he a nice guy besides that? I mean i consider myself picky but dumping someone over that is ...well in my opinon kinda petty.Maybe he got the gift card in advance so he wouldnt have to carry a lot of cash around(ive done it before). I just dont get where giftcard= cheap?

I cant believe someone thinks outback steakhouse is something to turn your nose up at. Maybe its because of where im from ...mostly whats near me are applesbees,chilis,olive garden and out back steak house. While those places are not fancy if you lve here you dont have much of a choice. There are people who think the cheesecake factory is fancy :lmao::lmao::lmao:....red lobster too.Outback has great food mmmmm.

If i were yall id be more concerned with the guys personality rather than what he chose to pay the tab with.

• Author

I didn't dump him over that. I chose not to go out with him because of the creepy messages he kept sending me.

I'm sure you didn't read the entire thread and I really can't blame you, but I never criticized the restaurant choice.

TwinkletOes26

I just finished reading my mistake:o:o:o...i thought that was the only issue. I didnt read the texting asking you on a date or the sending you lewed messages. Again my apologies:laugh:

The last 175 posts or so have been way off topic. Time to close this down. I simply don't understand how educated, civilized human beings could pull off something like this....taking the thread way off topic and then being mean and sarcastic to each other.