Write something wonderful about your partner

Lauriebell82
Touche, as one who shares in the overloving loving of an overcaring, overly happy husband, I can relate to what you're saying. People don't believe me either (that a couple can be as happy & well-suited as HsPapa & I are), 'til they see us together. Even then, though, there are some of those naysayers who say, "Well, yeah, you act like that when other people are around, but what about when it's just the two of you?"

Can't please everybody & I don't even try...it's much easier to sit back in my overhappy, overlyblessed, overlywonderful marriage & just shake my head at those who are so blinded by not having it that they resent those of us who do.

:)

I dont know anyone like that but I'm sure they are out there. Mostly I think people don't really realize they are acting that way they are just very unhappy and lonely themselves that they need to feel that way as a way of coping with their pain. I'm not saying it's right or anything, but there is underlying causes behind that type of behavior.

What if you're single? Can you write something about yourself that is brag worthy?:laugh::p

Sure, Pyro - knock yerself out!:)

Sure, Pyro - knock yerself out!:)

Eh, I've got no reason to brag about anything.

I will say that I'm perfectly happy being single.:)

Lauriebell82
While I get it (I think), seems to me that that kind of kindness & passion would be better served in a relationship with a real-life SO?

I have a "real life" fiance thank you very much who I love. What a redic comment.

Trialbyfire
Uhm, LB it's an inanimate object. Just sayin'. I mean I love my shoes too. Does that show my kindness and passion?

No offense LB but you must admit that this is funny! :lmao:

Lauriebell82
Uhm, LB it's an inanimate object. Just sayin'. I mean I love my shoes too. Does that show my kindness and passion?

It's not an "inanimate" object to me. It's almost like he is my pet. You'd do all those things with a dog or cat wouldn't you?

Nobody can really tell me that it's wrong or anything because it isn't. Judgemental, ugh.

What if you're single? Can you write something about yourself that is brag worthy?:laugh::p

Actually, SG had a thread for that but I'm sure no one will mind. Or we can brag about YOU. You never have a mean thing to say about anyone. You're always kind. In that regard you remind me of Mr. T. He's like that. He never complains. I'm usually the one who has to speak up if something isn't right as far as a purchase we made or a service we procured. Sometimes that kind of drives me crazy though. Like what's the big deal? Same if we're out in a restaurant and the order is wrong or something like that. I remember once they never brought him his milk (yes he likes milk with his meals.) When I asked him how his meal was at the end of the dinner he tells me that it was good but he would have liked to have had his milk. GRRRR! He didn't want to bother the waitress so he didn't ask.

It's so weird because in other areas he's quite outspoken. With me he is and in his work. Go figure.

So anyway, you remind me of him like that.

Lauriebell82

Yeah, I agree it's funny to think about it because I'm an adult and I can laugh at myself about it. But people telling me it's wrong and stupid is a totally different thing.

Actually, SG had a thread for that but I'm sure no one will mind. Or we can brag about YOU. You never have a mean thing to say about anyone. You're always kind. In that regard you remind me of Mr. T. He's like that. He never complains. I'm usually the one who has to speak up if something isn't right as far as a purchase we made or a service we procured. Sometimes that kind of drives me crazy though. Like what's the big deal? Same if we're out in a restaurant and the order is wrong or something like that. I remember once they never brought him his milk (yes he likes milk with his meals.) When I asked him how his meal was at the end of the dinner he tells me that it was good but he would have liked to have had his milk. GRRRR! He didn't want to bother the waitress so he didn't ask.

It's so weird because in other areas he's quite outspoken. With me he is and in his work. Go figure.

So anyway, you remind me of him like that.

So you're saying I have a chance with you?:love:;):laugh:

Haha, that's so funny you are judging me.

It actually means that I have something I care about so much and I love..it basically shows my kindness and how passionate I am. I guess a lot of people wouldn't understand that though.

You're kind and passionate towards... a stuffed animal? I don't understand that, LB.

If you're trying to insult me, go ahead. I admit that I don't really care about inanimate objects. I mean, I take care of my belongings... I wash my car and get it serviced, and I try not to run through mud in my Louboutins if I can help it. But at the end of the day, I care about people, not stuffed animals. That's where I focus on my kindness and passion.

I can't stop laughing!:lmao:

It's not an "inanimate" object to me. It's almost like he is my pet. You'd do all those things with a dog or cat wouldn't you?

Nobody can really tell me that it's wrong or anything because it isn't. Judgemental, ugh.

Oh calm down, LB. We're just teasing you. I'm sorry but it IS funny. And comparing your bear to a pet is silly. My cat talks to me and cuddles with me. Oh wait...does your bear talk to you?

:laugh::lmao::p

Trialbyfire
Eh, I've got no reason to brag about anything.

I will say that I'm perfectly happy being single.:)

Ummm...how about:

• Cute
  • Sweet
  • Smart
  • Funny
  • Fit enough to be a fireman
  • I could go on...but I won't 'cause it makes you blush! :laugh:

I have a "real life" fiance thank you very much who I love. What a redic comment.

No, LB, it wasn't ridiculous (which is spelled rid...by the way) - your stuffed bear is NOT a person, NOT a dog, NOT a cat nor any other sentient being (look it up). I was trying to be kind & not say what I was really thinking, which was, "You're REALLY in your 20's & believe that?" It's a scary thought to me as a mother that you see a stuffed animal as "real" to you...that, my dear, is the "redic" comment!

Stop that laughter right now, TBF. It's her pet.

(Straightface.)

Ummm...how about:

• Cute
  • Sweet
  • Smart
  • Funny
  • Fit enough to be a fireman
  • I could go on...but I won't 'cause it makes you blush! :laugh:

:o:o:o

Too late.

:love:

Lauriebell82
You're kind and passionate towards... a stuffed animal? I don't understand that, LB.

If you're trying to insult me, go ahead. I admit that I don't really care about inanimate objects. I mean, I take care of my belongings... I wash my car and get it serviced, and I try not to run through mud in my Louboutins if I can help it. But at the end of the day, I care about people, not stuffed animals. That's where I focus on my kindness and passion.

It wasn't an insult, honestly people don't understand it. You're not alone, my own mother thinks it's funny.

And I will disregard the second part of your post as I know you are trying to snub me.

Oh wait...does your bear talk to you?

:laugh::lmao::p

:lmao:

And Pyro... yes, there's a bragging thread. Have at it, tell us what you've been up to there!

And I will disregard the second part of your post as I know you are trying to snub me.

No, I'm not. I focus my kindness and passion on PEOPLE, not stuffed animals. That's the honest to G-d truth.

Trialbyfire
Yeah, I agree it's funny to think about it because I'm an adult and I can laugh at myself about it. But people telling me it's wrong and stupid is a totally different thing.
While I don't care who or what you love, the funny part isn't the person/object itself but the comparison of passion and kindness as character traits. Come on, laugh a little! :laugh:

I can't stop laughing!:lmao:
Don't be telling me what you do with your strappy sandals with all that passion! :lmao:
Stop that laughter right now, TBF. It's her pet.

(Straightface.)

Yes, people, this is a VERY serious subject...all of you...just....

sorry - it took me a minute to wipe my eyes:lmao:.........stop laughing!

So you're saying I have a chance with you?:love:;):laugh:

ahaha, nope sorry, taken. But whoever gets you will be a lucky woman indeed.:)

And LB, why did you put the word "inanimate" in quotes? Are you saying your bear isn't an inanimate object? OH and do you talk to it and tell it things?

Lauriebell82

To put the thread back on topic, I could say a lot of nice things about my fiance. He's great, I'm very lucky. He's very funny too, he can always make me laugh. It's great to have someone that is so supportive of me and my decisions.

While I don't care who or what you love, the funny part isn't the person/object itself but the comparison of passion and kindness as character traits. Come on, laugh a little! :laugh:

I honestly pictured LB being passionate... towards her bear.

C'mon LB, that's funny!

Don't be telling me what you do with your strappy sandals with all that passion! :lmao:

My eyes! My eyes! :lmao:

Lauriebell82
I honestly pictured LB being passionate... towards her bear.

C'mon LB, that's funny!

My eyes! My eyes! :lmao:

How about we drop it? I already put the thread back on topic.