Write something wonderful about your partner

:laugh: Nope, not this one! He's solid. :)

I know. You know I was teasing.;)

I also wanted to say that I feel sooo lucky to have him. He's really one of the good guys.

Trialbyfire

Absolutely, I knew you were teasing, Touche. :)

gopher, her name would be Rosy. Letitia`s on your left. ;)

True. This is always a one way thing. Women couldn't give a **** about men's welfare and safety. Unless its his mother and maybe then.

Funny how only women answered this thread.

Wow, bitter much? How utterly insulting. My whole world collapsed when my H suffered a heart attack recently. I couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. I was a mess until I knew he was going to be ok.

Your post disgusts me and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Trialbyfire
Wow, bitter much? How utterly insulting. My whole world collapsed when my H suffered a heart attack recently. I couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. I was a mess until I knew he was going to be ok.

In order to be loved and cared about, you have to be able to love and care about a partner. I suspect the poster has never had either experience so he can't know what it's like. Women can smell bitterness a mile away. The stench is equal to desperation.

Anyways...

I love the way my honey treats his Mom and sisters. He's so sweet with them and teases them endlessly, but in a nice way. :love:

In order to be loved and cared about, you have to be able to love and care about a partner. I suspect the poster has never had either experience so he can't know what it's like. Women can smell bitterness a mile away. The stench is equal to desperation.

I'm very happy that there are really lucky women on here! We all have such wonderful, loving men in our life.

It's a shame for those who have not experienced that.

Anyways...

I love the way my honey treats his Mom and sisters. He's so sweet with them and teases them endlessly, but in a nice way. :love:

Totally agree with that.

That's big. You can tell soo much about a guy when you see how he treats the women in his life.

Ok, I can brag about Mr. T in this regard too. One of my sis-in=laws just had a hystorectomy (sp?) and she's been recuperating at home. He insisted on taking her out to lunch the other day now that she's feeling up to it. And before that, when she was in the hospital he picked out a really nice plant arrangement. A lot of men would have had their wives do that for them. But he wanted to do it himself.

And he adored his mother. He used to always send her money and when he lived near her, would go over and mow her lawn and do other things around the house. He was the perfect son to hear all his sisters talk.

Trialbyfire
I'm very happy that there are really lucky women on here! We all have such wonderful, loving men in our life.

It's a shame for those who have not experienced that.

But that's just it. It's about mutual appreciation, rather than me, me, me.

Touche, Mr. T is a sweetheart. :)

But that's just it. It's about mutual appreciation, rather than me, me, me.

Touche, Mr. T is a sweetheart. :)

Exactly.

Awww, thanks. Yes, he really is. And yes, Lyssa we ARE really lucky. And Mr. T says he's lucky too:):bunny: just as I'm sure your guy, TBF's guy and some of the other ladies' guys would say.

Bitter people make me sad sometimes.

OOooooo! A chance to brag about how lucky I am! :D:p

Mr JT is the most compassionate person I've ever known. He cares so much and he cares in the most selfless way. He doesn't make grand, overt gestures, instead when he helps, he does it quietly, he's completely unassuming.

Best of all this is just one characteristic of his that makes him so loveable, he's got loads more, including a very cute arse! :love:

Island Girl
Women couldn't give a **** about men's welfare and safety. Unless its his mother and maybe then.

Apparently no woman but your mother has ever cared for you.

But I assure you there are plenty of us out here who adore the men in our lives. I have two that I am particularly concerned for - my husband and my brother.

I give more than a **** about their welfare and safety.

It is funny isn't it?

All of these women writing here and stating their appreciation for their SO along with wonderful things these men do. All of these things that do not go unnoticed or unappreciated but are remembered fondly and proudly.

Where are those dang men that do EVERYTHING...? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love the way she accepts me for who I am and genuinly does care. I just don't get the feeling that she is one of those women who trashes me when she is with her girlfriends. I truly do feel blessed for having her in my life and when I am with her I feel like the luckiest man on earth.

Island Girl
I love the way she accepts me for who I am and genuinly does care. I just don't get the feeling that she is one of those women who trashes me when she is with her girlfriends. I truly do feel blessed for having her in my life and when I am with her I feel like the luckiest man on earth.

WOGGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love:

It is wonderful to see you post here about her.

Here you are surprising me again.

I am touched! :bunny:

She sounds wonderful Wogs.

WOGGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love:

It is wonderful to see you post here about her.

Here you are surprising me again.

I am touched! :bunny:

She sounds wonderful Wogs.

As much as I may slam a large portion of the female population I truly do appreciate the good ones. I just wish that more of them existed. I tell friends to look at my marriage as an example of what to look for in a woman because what they are going for won't bring them any happiness.

Soul-Searcher
True. This is always a one way thing. Women couldn't give a **** about men's welfare and safety. Unless its his mother and maybe then.

I give more than a **** about my man's welfare and safety. I would do anything to protect him, including putting myself in harm's way, if it meant that he will be safe. So don't say that women don't give a ****. :mad:

Island Girl
As much as I may slam a large portion of the female population I truly do appreciate the good ones. I just wish that more of them existed. I tell friends to look at my marriage as an example of what to look for in a woman because what they are going for won't bring them any happiness.

So you do admit we DO exist Wogs. :cool:

Maybe you could think just a bit about how you phrase certain perspectives you have to include the words "a lot of women" or even "most women" as an acknowledgment to those of us, like your wife, who truly love (in every sense of the word) our SOs and stand proudly beside them (much like your wife does) without emasculating them, etc.

That way you don't throw those of us who AREN'T that way into that pile.

I'm sure you can see how insulting that is - just as it'd be insulting to your wife to say she is like those other women when she so clearly is not. ;);)

So you do admit we DO exist Wogs. :cool:

Maybe you could think just a bit about how you phrase certain perspectives you have to include the words "a lot of women" or even "most women" as an acknowledgment to those of us, like your wife, who truly love (in every sense of the word) our SOs and stand proudly beside them (much like your wife does) without emasculating them, etc.

That way you don't throw those of us who AREN'T that way into that pile.

I'm sure you can see how insulting that is - just as it'd be insulting to your wife to say she is like those other women when she so clearly is not. ;);)

I see your point and I know how much I hate it when I hear how all men are pigs or overgrown babies or whatever else so I will try to ease up on the blanket generalizations.

Island Girl
I see your point and I know how much I hate it when I hear how all men are pigs or overgrown babies or whatever else so I will try to ease up on the blanket generalizations.

I am so glad to hear it. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

And you are right. In my experience most men are not pigs or overgrown babies.

Quite the reverse actually.

My husband, for instance, is all man! Sexy, wonderful, caring, kind, strong, considerate, thoughtful, stoic, protective, and crazy jealous MAN!

And I adore him to the very depths of my soul!!!:love::love:

Women in your life, perhaps.

I know I care a lot about the men in my life (my father, brothers & fiance) and would do anything in my power to protect them. They are after all, the people I love the most in my life.

Yeah, well we all know how some men are not comfortable sharing their emotions or how they feel about their women except Woggle.

Island Girl
I love the way he breathes a contented sigh when he gets into bed with me. :love:

What you wrote was wonderful donnamaybe.

I especially like the quoted part.

My hubby does that too and it has been a long time since I have heard that sigh and you reminded me of it and made my heart soar. :love::love:

Thank you!

Jersey Shortie

It would have been nice to see some more male responses. It seems whenever this type of thread pops up the women gush over their partners but I guess men just don't feel the same way about their female partners.

It's nice to see that you ladies feel the way you do about your male partners.

My H is the kindest, gentlest, most genuine person I've ever met (doesn't hurt that he's also sexy, huh?)...that was the first thing about him that attracted me. But, he also is so good to both my daughter & me - loves us unconditionally.

Helps, too, that he's incredibly handy around the house - knows electrical, plumbing, etc. (saves a heckuva lot of $$).

Mostly, though - he's just a phenomenal human being who is QUITE adored by "his girls"!

Men propose and buy women big rings when engaged.

Do you want a big sparkly, diamond ring too, NTLS?

So how come women don't grill or threaten their son's dates the same way men do to their daughter's dates?

Haha, you don't know ME! Our son is only 13 so he's not dating yet, but he has girls calling him ALL the time. I had to tell one of them to stop calling as she was texting inappropriate messages. I told her I'd speak to her parents if she didn't stop. I'm very protective of my son.

And How do you treat your brothers and father?

Should men judge you on how much you do for them?

My father died when I was 4 and I have no brothers. I was good to my stepdad though when he was alive. Should men judge me on how much I do for them? Hmmm...kind of a dumb question if you ask me. I don't judge my husband on how much he does for me so I wouldn't expect he'd judge me for that.

Why hasn't any man answered this thread telling of stories about how overprotective/overcaring his woman is, how many sacrifices she has made, and how great she treats ALL the men in his life.

This site is mostly women. I'm sure some men will come on here though. My H doesn't "do computers".

So your man feels warm and safe with you and you're overprotective and overcaring?

Yes, he does. As I do with him. And I overprotective and overcaring? I'm not even sure what that last one means. I'm not "over" anything. I just love and care for my H and my son and stepson. Just as they do me.

What's your problem anyway?

As to the stupid ring thing, you just brought up...hahaha! Nope. We even had an argument over that. Most of the regulars on here already know that story. I wouldn't let him buy me a diamond.

I wish you could speak to my H in person so you can hear what he has to say about me. But then, you'd probably not even believe him, right?

Why would he stay with a woman for almost 15 years that treated him like crap. Nope. He could have any woman pretty much. He's smart, successful, handsome and a great guy. But he chooses to stay with me. I wonder why that is?

Maybe it's because I treat him like a KING! I hope you're lucky enough to find that some day. But your bitterness will probably prevent that from happening. Find a way to get rid of it, will you? It's not an attractive look.