Write something wonderful about your partner

After watching about 50 trailers for The Time Traveler's Wife, it finally hit me: BF looks like Eric Bana! :love:

I can't even GET mine to do it. He's too OCD. He has issues with cleanliness and odor. He won't go downstairs, he's that crazy about it.

Really?????? Dealbreaker!!!! I wouldn't go out with a dude that won't take the South train.

I can't even GET mine to do it. He's too OCD. He has issues with cleanliness and odor. He won't go downstairs, he's that crazy about it.

:eek:

*speechless*

Really?????? Dealbreaker!!!! I wouldn't go out with a dude that won't take the South train.

I know, right? That combined with the must-shower-immed-after-sex thing would really just push me over the edge.

What can I say about my Wuggle?

• he is the first and last thing I want to see every day of my life
  • he makes me want to improve myself - but for my benefit, not his
  • when he holds me in his arms, I know I am home
  • he understands what it takes to make a marriage work
  • he has given me another chance when many others wouldn't
  • he indulges me - shoes, handbags,......
  • he puts up with my hot temper
  • we share the same dreams of our future together
  • he is the most spiritual person I have ever met
  • he has both logic and creativity within him
  • he is very, very patient - yet does not suffer fools
  • he has the sexiest voice ever
  • he is modest yet recognises his strengths as well as his weaknesses
  • he is always willing to learn and open to new ideas
  • he knows he is not always right
  • but he knows when he is
  • he has a moustache (I know - but it really does suit him)
  • he rubs my feet
  • he likes cats
  • he has good hands - strong, masculine yet gentle
  • he is always true to himself

I guess that's a start for now :love::love::love:

H has finally recovered enough from his back problems, so this weekend he replaced the burned out ballast in our overhead kitchen light. I have light in the kitchen again!!! He's the BEST!:love::love::love:

H brings me coffee in bed any morning after Ive had cocktails.

For some reason, I appreciate this more than any other single thing he does.

H brings me coffee in bed any morning after Ive had cocktails.

For some reason, I appreciate this more than any other single thing he does.

You have cocktails in the morning before coffee?:eek:

Jersey Shortie

:confused: I have yet to see a guy really compliment his woman.

Geez. I mean, it's nice to see the ladies fawn all over their men but quite frustrating to realize that so little men feel the same about their women.

Women compliments to men in thread: 1,000. Men Compliments to women in thread: 5

Geez. I mean, it's nice to see the ladies fawn all over their men but quite frustrating to realize that so little men feel the same about their women.

Women compliments to men in thread: 1,000. Men Compliments to women in thread: 5

Hmmm, I don't know...speaking for my guy, he compliments me all the time - just not on a message board.

Hmmm, I don't know...speaking for my guy, he compliments me all the time - just not on a message board.

Ditto for mine. I guess I could ask him to come on & do that, but since he does give me compliments IRL, no real need! :)

Trialbyfire
I've seen some backhanded compliments but I do agree that we have a different male mindset, on LS.

I can only speak for my RL experiences and yes, men do compliment their wimmins. :)
Jersey Shortie

I've seen some backhanded compliments but I do agree that we have a different male mindset, on LS.

Yeah, I saw those as well and decided they were only worthy of being ignored.

You can't draw that conclusion from this thread because men do make compliments IRL.

The idea of gushing over your SO on a thread like this, takes some getting used to as it is not something men typically do. It's a bit mushy. That doesn't mean that men don't love their partners.

Also, the shortage of male responses could have something to do with the demographic structure of LS. I believe there are more women than men and the single guys have no partner to talk about.

Most often, the posts that are made on this board deal with things like infidelity, lack of trust, the friend-zone (is there a worse dungeon?), sexual denial, divorce, yadda yadda yadda.

Not surprising, I suppose, given the nature of the board.

So let's throw a change-up into the mix.

Write something about your partner that you absolutely adore, something that makes your heart go pitter-pat! Brag about them a little!

Great idea! Very necessary.

My gf can be very sweet and giving. She loves taking care of me sometimes. And she's a rockstar in bed! :D

You have cocktails in the morning before coffee?:eek:

Ha! No, no although that would go far to explain a LOT.

He brings me coffee in bed the morning AFTER Ive had cocktails the night before.

He rarely drinks, so its sweet that he is so accommodating.

Jersey Shortie

You can't draw that conclusion from this thread because men do make compliments IRL.

The idea of gushing over your SO on a thread like this, takes some getting used to as it is not something men typically do. It's a bit mushy. That doesn't mean that men don't love their partners.

Also, the shortage of male responses could have something to do with the demographic structure of LS. I believe there are more women than men and the single guys have no partner to talk about.

Yes, I can draw conclusions from this thread.

Do you have an SO Stockalone on the attitudes of women to their partners and the attitudes of men toward theirs.

Do you have an SO Stockalone?

Yes, I can draw conclusions from this thread.

... on the attitudes of women to their partners and the attitudes of men toward theirs.

To say that men don't care about their partners because there aren't many men posting in this thread is leaping to conclusions. Granted, it is fair to say that the male LSers apparently have not much interest in participating in this thread. Frankly, I am curious to know why that is the case too, but that says nothing about how men feel about their partners.

For all we know, a man could make the woman he loves plenty of heartfelt compliments each day and never post about it here.

You could post a new thread and ask the women of LS if their SO does make them compliments. How often and if that is enough for them or if they wish there would be more compliments and if they think those compliments are heartfelt or if they feel that their partner isn't really sincere.

Right now, you hardly have a leg to stand on with your conclusion. "If a man doesn't post here to say something nice about his SO, he doesn't care about her at all." That seems to be your conclusion. I don't think that is an accurate assumption.

Do you have an SO Stockalone?

Nope.

Now that I think about it, possibly a Bloody Mary would be nice.

Sounds good right about now. I didn't get lunch but that would do nicely instead!

I did have an Irish Coffee last night. ;)

My gf genuinely wants to improve on the things that cause friction between us. Even though it's slow going, at least she's trying.

The way he won't say a simple phrase like "I miss you" but he'll tell me how he wakes up everyday clutching the tank top I left at his house :o