How exactly does gay marriage negatively affect traditional marriage?

Untouchable_Fire
And AGAIN he claims to have answered, but UF please point me to that post because - it doesn't exist.

Now let's try this again. Please read above and THIS time just say it.

or

2?

Choose one. Just answer with a number.

or

2?

Your refusal to answer the above simple question speaks volumes. ;)

1 and 2 are both wrong. I answered your dumb question earlier.

You don't get to pick my responses ahead of time and force a choice between the two. It shows your lack of intellect and integrity.

I've asked you twice for scientific proof that I am wrong... and so far you have dodged it.

Consider yourself ignored until you actually present an argument.

1 and 2 are both wrong. I answered your dumb question earlier.

You don't get to pick my responses ahead of time and force a choice between the two. It shows your lack of intellect and integrity.

I've asked you twice for scientific proof that I am wrong... and so far you have dodged it.

Consider yourself ignored until you actually present an argument.

You resort to personal attacks when you can't answer a simple question. :rolleyes::mad:

You then ask for something impossible. The science is not there yet. The human genome is very complicated and proving this will be very difficult.

What if I asked if you could give scientific proof of your position? I have yet to see anything from you.

Untouchable_Fire
That really wasn't my point NoIDidnt - my point was - why should UT be able to assert his beliefs on other people - and I should have to shut up with mine?

We then have a stalemate, don't you think?

Because I'm not.

If my ideas become law everybody gets the same equal rights. If your ideas take rights away from some and give special rights to others.

It's like conscientious objectors in the military. I want the right to not be involved, without fear of legal repercussions.

You want to hand a small number of people who despise me and what I believe a legal baseball bat to start hitting us with. Why would you do that?

Because I'm not.

If my ideas become law everybody gets the same equal rights. If your ideas take rights away from some and give special rights to others.

Your ideas are to allow opposite sex couples to marry, but to ban same sex couples from marrying.

Is that your new definition of the word "equal"?

Untouchable_Fire
You resort to personal attacks when you can't answer a simple question. :rolleyes::mad:

You then ask for something impossible. The science is not there yet. The human genome is very complicated and proving this will be very difficult.

What if I asked if you could give scientific proof of your position? I have yet to see anything from you.

Gene mapping is not going to show this one way or another. Most of our genetic information is encoded in the proteome. I did some work on the HGP, and we realized very quickly that there just were not enough genes to explain the complexity of humans.

Look up Dr. Spitzer, he is the one I read most recently who has done a study on this. There are plenty of others. I think there is a really good one that may come out in the near future from Albert Einstien Univ. I read about it in JAMA about a year ago... they did not have any conclusions yet, but it may put the issue to rest one way or the other.

You realize that in MRI's they can see a difference between brains of gay people and those of straight people, and that over time they can see that difference move one way or the other. Our brains have Plasticity. The science is definitely there. You just need to do the research.

She isn't asking a question. She is making a statement. I have given her plenty of opportunity to actually ask a question, and have gotten nothing in response.

Trojan John

That's all the world needs... a bunch of formerly "hetero" mothers and fathers coming out of the closet to live openly gay lives in hot pants and under disco lights. At least half of all U.S. families would be torn apart. Please, I implore you, think of the children. These people MUST remain morally, financally and legally stigmatised.

Untouchable_Fire
Your ideas are to allow opposite sex couples to marry, but to ban same sex couples from marrying.

Is that your new definition of the word "equal"?

I want LEGAL equality. That means same sex couples have all the rights everyone else has.

I'm tired of saying the same thing over, and over, and over again.

This is why gay people don't have rights in most states. If you are unwilling to listen or care about the other side.... no matter how strong your argument... it will get you nowhere.

nittygritty
I want LEGAL equality. That means same sex couples have all the rights everyone else has.

This is why gay people don't have rights in most states. If you are unwilling to listen or care about the other side.... no matter how strong your argument... it will get you nowhere.

Does that mean that you think gay couples that have entered into a civil union, should have the same equal legal rights and consideration when it comes to adopting healthy babies?

Look up Dr. Spitzer, he is the one I read most recently who has done a study on this. There are plenty of others. I think there is a really good one that may come out in the near future from Albert Einstien Univ. I read about it in JAMA about a year ago... they did not have any conclusions yet, but it may put the issue to rest one way or the other.

She isn't asking a question. She is making a statement. I have given her plenty of opportunity to actually ask a question, and have gotten nothing in response.

You bring up Dr. Spitzer again. I already looked at his "study". It is a complete joke and doesn't even resemble a scientific study. Do you take that junk seriously?

She gave you two choices. and 2>1. Therefore it's a question. Oh sorry, you must disagree with the statement 2>1. Is that it?

That's all the world needs... a bunch of formerly "hetero" mothers and fathers coming out of the closet to live openly gay lives in hot pants and under disco lights. At least half of all U.S. families would be torn apart. Please, I implore you, think of the children. These people MUST remain morally, financally and legally stigmatised.

If there was any doubt about how the majority of opponents of gay marriage think... :mad:

What? Same sex couples have very few rights in most states.

Gay people don't have rights in some states because there are too many anti gay people in those states. Don't make things up.

You can say 1+1=5 a million times, but that won't make it true.

nittygritty
Oh, how I wish you hadn't opened THAT can of worms. Now there are going to be protestations that a gay couple will turn the babies gay and other such nonsense. :rolleyes:

Whether or not gay couples should be allowed the same legal equal rights to have and raise children is the biggest part of "THAT can of worms", isn't it?

Or at least that seems to be big factor in all of this, IMO.

You are not living in "freedom" now. Women are merely trapped in a different societal box. In the old box women served a husband and family and received love and freedom of mind.

In the new box women more often simply have different people they serve, and receive less love. A boss, landlord, bank, taxes, etc and receive money along with less freedom of mind.

This is all off topic, but blurring gender roles further is not a good thing in my opinion for men or women. And it is not because I want women to "serve" me. That is just dumb.

I think your "old box" was, in fact, a box that replaced an even older "box" in which women did do quite a lot of physical work around farms. Most of the United States was rural and agricultural until the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Women did quite a lot of physical work on farms.

In cities, yes, women, particularly those who were wed to wealthy husbands probably did do less work. You didn't find women working in factories in large numbers until World War Two, but that was a fairly recent development at that time.

Let me just say disagreeing with someone's way of life doesn't grant any of us the right to legally prevent them from leading that life. It's this little thing called "live and let live". As long as they are not hurting anyone.

Gay marriage doesn't hurt ANYONE. He who disagrees can please explain to me just how gay marriage hurts him or her. And don't give me the society will be ruined argument because society is already gone to hell in a handbasket, just pick your vice.

Do I make faces when I see two men kissing? yes I do, I find it weird. Two women kissing? I giggle and then make a face because I find it weird. Homosexuality is just something different. It's neither good nor bad, it's just different.

We all wear our pants one leg at a time, our sh*t stinks just as badly, we all bleed red and none of us can defy death. So guess what, that means WE ARE ALL EQUAL and should be treated accordingly.

For those who want to deny other people the rights they themselves enjoy, get off your effing podium, you ain't God and will never be. And you aren't any special than anyone else just because you happen to sleep with the opposite sex...like that's some kind of badge of honor anyway.:rolleyes:

I hate the breeding argument. Just because a species can have kids doesn't mean they should. Look at people you know personally or see on the news and honestly tell me if ALL of them should've had kids...

I have seen many gay people who would make better parents. Just because you have a vagina and you spent 15 minutes with someone's penis doesn't mean it's okay or right for you have a baby.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-10-31-unwed-families_x.htm

So it it's safe to say that gay people will turn their children gay then unmarried woman will have children who later have babies unmarried themselves. So family tradition is being dissolved, but by straight people.

GroupFitness
I hate the breeding argument. Just because a species can have kids doesn't mean they should. Look at people you know personally or see on the news and honestly tell me if ALL of them should've had kids...

I have seen many gay people who would make better parents. Just because you have a vagina and you spent 15 minutes with someone's penis doesn't mean it's okay or right for you have a baby.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-10-31-unwed-families_x.htm

So it it's safe to say that gay people will turn their children gay then unmarried woman will have children who later have babies unmarried themselves. So family tradition is being dissolved, but by straight people.

I agree, we ALL contribute to the downfall of society in our own way. Some people just like to point fingers and blame others for it.."oh, it the fault of the gays". Hellooo, why don't YOU look in the mirror?

Trojan John
Uh oh, I missed that. :o

My apologies to Trojan John then.

Sorry, I forgot to close with /Sarcasm. :laugh:

And don't give me the society will be ruined argument because society is already gone to hell in a handbasket, just pick your vice.

:rolleyes:

AHHH.. The arguments for gay marriage..

1. Society already has gone to hell in a handbasket.. So time to let gays marry.

2. Some straight mom's suck, so might as well let gay mom's and dad's suck too.

3. Gay's marrying won't affect you personally. If that was the litmus test, then tell me how it would affect you if I married 125 women? Or if Joe married a sheep. How would it affect you? Huh? Huh?

4. Hetero's cheat, so let's allow gays to marry too!

And no. Gays should NOT raise children. The optimum situation for a child is a mother and father. Not 2 guys having anal sex with Aids, or 2 man hating lesbians. My ex girlfriend has a father who "turned gay" and now in his older age he is disowned by the gay community, and resorts to sleeping with young boys that he pays. Not exactly the best role model.

One more thing I notice..

When the "pro gay marriage" crowd talks about gay marriage they are quick to only mention "Why can't 2 people in love marry", as though that is how gays usually are. Monogamous, in love, etc.

But when they speak of heteros, they say marriage is NOT about love! Then they find every poor straight marriage example they can think of, and compare those examples to the absolute 100% best possible gay situation that might not even exist.

That is what you call brainwashing. They would rather put down 98% of humans in order to raise 2%. Perhaps they hate themselves?

I mean at least be realistic. Tell me what proff you have gays would marry for love? Because where gay marriage is legal only 1-5% marry, and only a small % of them list love or anything close as to the reason why they married. So do not make things up out of thin air, and use your normal hetero mind to try and imagine how gays think.

Perez Hilton is a perfect example.. Very pro gay marriage.. Can you imagine that guy being in a monogamous loving long term relationship, going into it with the idea of being with 1 guy forever? Yeah right..

Can you imagine a straight judge calling a contestant a "dumb bitch" if she was pro gay marriage? I guess he is gay so it is cool.

Trojan John
AHHH.. The arguments for gay marriage..

1. Society already has gone to hell in a handbasket.. So time to let gays marry.

2. Some straight mom's suck, so might as well let gay mom's and dad's suck too.

3. Gay's marrying won't affect you personally. If that was the litmus test, then tell me how it would affect you if I married 125 women? Or if Joe married a sheep. How would it affect you? Huh? Huh?

4. Hetero's cheat, so let's allow gays to marry too!

And no. Gays should NOT raise children. The optimum situation for a child is a mother and father. Not 2 guys having anal sex with Aids, or 2 man hating lesbians. My ex girlfriend has a father who "turned gay" and now in his older age he is disowned by the gay community, and resorts to sleeping with young boys that he pays. Not exactly the best role model.

One more thing I notice..

When the "pro gay marriage" crowd talks about gay marriage they are quick to only mention "Why can't 2 people in love marry", as though that is how gays usually are. Monogamous, in love, etc.

But when they speak of heteros, they say marriage is NOT about love! Then they find every poor straight marriage example they can think of, and compare those examples to the absolute 100% best possible gay situation that might not even exist.

That is what you call brainwashing. They would rather put down 98% of humans in order to raise 2%. Perhaps they hate themselves?

I mean at least be realistic. Tell me what proff you have gays would marry for love? Because where gay marriage is legal only 1-5% marry, and only a small % of them list love or anything close as to the reason why they married. So do not make things up out of thin air, and use your normal hetero mind to try and imagine how gays think.

Perez Hilton is a perfect example.. Very pro gay marriage.. Can you imagine that guy being in a monogamous loving long term relationship, going into it with the idea of being with 1 guy forever? Yeah right..

Can you imagine a straight judge calling a contestant a "dumb bitch" if she was pro gay marriage? I guess he is gay so it is cool.

Seriously. Where does it stop?

It's been proven time and time again that most gay men are paedophiles. Let them start adopting little boys and you will only have gay, abused children. There is a mountain of evidence proffing this. The best home is one in which a child has two loving, HETERO parents. Only children who come from this type of family will be productive and psychologically stable members of society.

Gay marriage affects everyone negatively, just like marrying hundreds of women, sheep, peanut butter sandwiches, aerosol cans, jews, and cyclopses. Don't believe me? Just imagine if I were to come over for a dinner at your home with a cyclopse. You'd sh*t yourself.

Even before you think about gay judges, what about gay police? Who would take them seriously? The police forces would become a laughing stock and crime rates would skyrocket. Not to mention thick moustaches and tall shiny leather boots coming back into style.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to women wearing pants, cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by Christianity. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; and we all know that women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their sheep because sheep can sign a marriage contract and say "I do".

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

Not my work...received as an email a while back and a quick change concerning the sheep...

Funny as hell...and oddly effective.

Island Girl
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to women wearing pants, cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by Christianity. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; and we all know that women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their sheep because sheep can sign a marriage contract and say "I do".

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

Not my work...received as an email a while back and a quick change concerning the sheep...

Funny as hell...and oddly effective.

HILARIOUS!!

Loved it!!

Island Girl
It was funny, but sadly enough many people truly believe some of these items.

I know.

And it is sad that there are obtuse people in the world.

But if we can't laugh at them then what else are they good for?!! :lmao:

JK!

Not really...LOL

Seriously. Where does it stop?

It's been proven time and time again that most gay men are paedophiles. Let them start adopting little boys and you will only have gay, abused children. There is a mountain of evidence proffing this. The best home is one in which a child has two loving, HETERO parents. Only children who come from this type of family will be productive and psychologically stable members of society.

Gay marriage affects everyone negatively, just like marrying hundreds of women, sheep, peanut butter sandwiches, aerosol cans, jews, and cyclopses. Don't believe me? Just imagine if I were to come over for a dinner at your home with a cyclopse. You'd sh*t yourself.

This does not even deserve a response, I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes. :laugh: Homosexuals are the equivalent of sheep and peanut butter sandwiches now?

Just like blacks were monkeys back in the day ...

Oh Lord Almighty.