Guys who say they want an "independent woman"??

OpenBook

LOL. I'd have to change some facial features' date=' but it'd be close.[/quote']

I think you should PM Tomcat pics to prove this! :laugh:

Yeah yeah yeah!! Listen to TBF she knows what she is talking about.:D

I'll be waiting You'reasian...

• Author
I would compare the pic with one of me about 3 years ago (no' date=' we're not that much off ;) )[/quote']

OK, I changed my avatar too - this is what I looked like about 3 years ago, too. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

Tomcat, I've got that free-standing wall right over here for ya.:D:D

Feel stupid because I was the last to know apparently that pic is of an actor.

Free standing wall meaning gullible, what would I even do with a free standing wall? But if you press me enough I might bite because I am gullible. ;)

Oooh, got it. Now I feel gullible for not knowing what a free standing wall is!!!

Oooh, got it. Now I feel gullible for not knowing what a free standing wall is!!!

Don't feel bad I just made that reference up so more than likely you wouldn't know what I meant.

OB are you starting 2009 broke too? :laugh:

Hey so a free standing wall depends on a solid foundation so really how independent or free standing is it?

• Author
OB are you starting 2009 broke too? :laugh:

I'm getting ready to be... But by gosh by golly, I'm STILL gonna be independent and proud of it!!:bunny::bunny::bunny: I'll be standing up straight with my head held high, right there in the ol' unemployment line!!

God it was fun... money.

• Author
You are what you are, whether that is "independent" or "dependent" so be yourself, and a guy will either like you or not. In other words, if you try to be more independent to be the type of girl to attract guys, then it will later backfire on you because you are not being yourself and denying who you are.

But that's my whole point, Beav. My biggest fear is that I would HAVE to give up parts of myself - integral, beloved parts - in order to "earn" a man's love. It's been my experience that they demand that sacrifice. And I'm not willing to give it up anymore.

You will one day find a guy who you love deeply who loves you as you are, label or not.

No offense, but how do you know that for sure?

My biggest fear is that I would HAVE to give up parts of myself - integral, beloved parts - in order to "earn" a man's love. It's been my experience that they demand that sacrifice. And I'm not willing to give it up anymore.

Let's talk about those parts... :)

BTW, warped independence went well today; two rooms painted, one wall plastered and minor plumbing and electrical work performed. We only bumped into each other twice ;)

I'll be brief 'cause I'm jonesin' for the pizza in the oven :D

The fundamental difference between myself and my wife is I'm independent because I love it and revel in it. She's been independent in her life because she's had to, primarily between her three (I'm the most recent) marriages. She readily gives up her independence, where I retain mine, even within relationships. It's actually a point of contention between us, as I'd prefer she be more independent (in mind and action).

More after dinner.....

You are what you are, whether that is "independent" or "dependent" so be yourself, and a guy will either like you or not. In other words, if you try to be more independent to be the type of girl to attract guys, then it will later backfire on you because you are not being yourself and denying who you are. You will one day find a guy who you love deeply who loves you as you are, label or not.

I love it when a girl calls me up. Its a welcomed break during a busy day.

Ah, I discern those calls from the females who want something in favor of those from females who are actually interested in my life. I call it "the independence test" ;)

Ah, I discern those calls from the females who want something in favor of those from females who are actually interested in my life. I call it "the independence test" ;)

That's an interesting way of looking at it.

No worries. You'll get laid more :D

LOL. I've spent the better "parts" of 2008 trying to persue solid relationships with women who didn't want them so I'm going to work on making my lady friends feel beautiful and laugh (at me:laugh:) and if it happens....it happens:bunny:

I don't think a female calling a man is her sacrificing any independence. It's just a woman wanting to talk to her man.

With some women it might be?