Career VS Family

Realistically speaking, there is no right or wrong, SAHM, career or any component of such.

Even if you are a parent, it doesn't make you a definitive expert on all children or family compositions, as my experience with children, including handi-capped ones, isn't definitive expertise.

My main point is that there's no right or wrong. Each couple will need to figure out what works for them as a family unit and work within their abilities to do so.

Realistically speaking, there is no right or wrong, SAHM, career or any component of such.

Even if you are a parent, it doesn't make you a definitive expert on all children or family compositions, as my experience with children, including handi-capped ones, isn't definitive expertise.

My main point is that there's no right or wrong. Each couple will need to figure out what works for them as a family unit and work within their abilities to do so.

Yes you are right TBF- I have agreed with you on this throughout the thread.

I meant by the last post was that TC was criticising you, but not realising her hypocrisy in how she was doing so...

I will say this, though. No matter how much you plan, or what you intend....things often change.

Just keep your mind and options open, if you can. Don't stress yourself out by committing to one way to the exclusion of other options. I know that if I had been more open to staying at home from the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of stress and worry during those first few weeks postpartum when I realized that I could NOT put my baby in daycare....

Yes you are right TBF- I have agreed with you on this throughout the thread.

I meant by the last post was that TC was criticising you, but not realising her hypocrisy in how she was doing so...

Got it and I fully agree! :)

• 3 weeks later...
TwinkletOes26

Wow this thread really makes me wanna remain childless it seems like kids add too much stress and drama lol....hmmmmmm~runs to get tubes tied~

TwinkletOes26

I mean if its bad enough you have to watch them and keep them from doing things like eating paste but now i have to deal with a boss who may not understand that i must picky lil susie up from daycare bc its about to close for the night....wow....dont these people in corporate america have kids.

I took a womens studies course and my professor said that the reason why corporate american is so anti family is bc its run by men who make enougn money that their wives can stay at home or they can hire a nanny so they have never had to deal with this type of thing so they cant understand. She went on to say it wont be until more women are in a ceo position that things will change.

I dont believe this bc usually a woman who is a ceo usually has put having kids on the back burner herself or has decided on purpose to remain childfree. There are some with kids but very few...I mean i dont want kids until im 35 lol...i would try to understand but i mean even I would prolly be short sided thinking "why dont you get your husband to leave his job for once and get the kids" i mean i would think that but of course me being nice would tell myself thats selfish thinking but some people not so much.

There was an article i read also(i read a lot i was a psych major lol) that said that often times it isnt the ceo its the coworkers who have complained to the ceo. When a person with kids leave work early to pick up lil susie someone picks up the slack more than likely someone w/o kids and a family. They get sick of this bc they want to be able to relax too so they complain to the ceo.

Now i def can see the side of the woman w/o kids i mean just cos you dont havw a family doesnt mean you dont have a life. I mean after work id want to grab a drink go home relax ect ect ect...if i have to pick up someones slack id only be understanding for so long.....anyways its 300 am and imma stop babbling...lol

This whole thread makes me think harder and lean towards being child free children seem kinda like a hassle and drama LOL ~makes appt for tube tying :p~