He bought a motorcyle?

Lauriebell82

• Author
If he wanted to save $ on an engagement ring, than he would not have bought a motorcycle.

I had an ex once that ALWAYS talked about marriage and proposing. He even once went as far as telling me he was trying to get a hold of my parents so that he could get permission but couldn't get through. He was the one that brought it up most of the time.

Then out of the blue he left, no warning. So strange and cruel. Hopefully your BF is being serious about marrying you, because its not fair to string someone along.

Maybe think of it this way.... say he wants to wait another 2 years, is that really that bad? I am the same age as you...26 and if you two were to break up, and lets just say you had a new BF right away. You would have to wait at least another 2 years to get to the marriage stage with this new guy. And by then your EX would have probably proposed.

So the question is, is he worth the wait? 26 is a hard age IMO to not be in a relationship. Its a pretty hard age to meet someone, considering our college years are over. I have been single for about 9 months and I would consider myself a good catch.

Yeah, you are probably right about that. I have thought of that as well. And I have also thought that maybe that guy who I would meet wouldn't be as good for me as my current boyfriend.

I have chosen to ignore it for now, we had a truely wonderful xmas, his mom (and whole family) bought me tons of presents and it was so sweet. I didn't expect so many presents, and my boyfriend was even surprised. I told him that they probably think I am part of their family. (I'm sure they all want him to propose.)

I told him that they probably think I am part of their family. (I'm sure they all want him to propose.)

How does he take repeated subtle hints like this?

Does he make any comments or does he just smile...or does he have another look?

• Author
How does he take repeated subtle hints like this?

Does he make any comments or does he just smile...or does he have another look?

Well, that wasn't the first time he has said something about me fitting in with his family. He has told me how much his family loves me, and that they consider me to be part of it. So me making that comment was not a suprise to him.

But actually, he did agree with me that they think of me as part of their family. He said he was glad that I get along so well with them. I didn't tell him my opinion that they want him to propose, though. He isn't stupid though, I'm sure his family has made comments, his mom has even asked me about it.

LB, I doubt that they are desperate for himto propose, they probably just love you as you are a lovely girland they are glad he is with someone so nice

Your guy is not ready to get married and you need to come to terms with it and just enjoy what you have, I wish you knew how lucky you are just as you are!

• Author
LB, I doubt that they are desperate for himto propose, they probably just love you as you are a lovely girland they are glad he is with someone so nice

Well, I'm sure they aren't desperate, but they love me and I'm sure they would be excited for us.

Your guy is not ready to get married and you need to come to terms with it and just enjoy what you have, I wish you knew how lucky you are just as you are!

Yeah I know, it's hard to want different things though. I'm sure everyone can understand that. We had a wonderful xmas and I'm looking forward to celebrating my birthday tommorrow.

Of course they would be excited for you both LB

Just because he may not want to get married right now it does not mean that will never change

I am glad you had a great christmas and Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!!!!!

• Author
Of course they would be excited for you both LB

Just because he may not want to get married right now it does not mean that will never change

I am glad you had a great christmas and Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!!!!!

Thanks! We have plans to go downtown our city and stay at this place where there are a lot of restaurants and bars and then spend the night in a nice hotel that is there. I'm really excited!

• 2 weeks later...
Went to my boyfriend's house for thanksgiving over the weekend. I had a good conversation with him regarding marriage, he told me that a wedding will happen, but the proposal is going to be a suprise. (which I already knew) So I asked if he could give me at least any kind of timeline and he said it could be a month from now or 5 years from now. I told him that was way too long to wait, so he quick changed his mind and said "or maybe that was a lie, maybe it's going to be soon." He said he knew exactly when he would propose and how he would do it, and it would happen when I least expected it. He said that I was the one for him and that he even told me he would ask my dad's permission. The no-timeline thing bothered me a bit, as I would like to plan better than that, but I figured okay maybe he is trying not to ruin the surprise. So that all sounds nice huh?

The next day he goes out and pays $3,400 (in cash) for a motorcyle, and now says he is broke. What the heck? Is this some kind of trick or game? I'm not sure what to do now.

The despreration in your posts is frightening, He probably bought the motorcycle now because he knows if he ever proposes to you hes not going to be able to have anything for himself.

The despreration in your posts is frightening, He probably bought the motorcycle now because he knows if he ever proposes to you hes not going to be able to have anything for himself.

I think this thread has been resolved. Any additional issues could be sent to Laurie in a PM IMO.

• Author
Lauriebell82

I kind of already resolved this issue, but I have calmed down a lot about the whole thing. He bought the motorcyle because he wanted to.