LoveShack.org Radio & Web Cast Appearances - September 2-4, 2003

Thanks for your help,Tony.I do have Real One already installed.And I tried reinstalling it from Pauls link.And the same thing came up,saying "The link you followed is innacurate".Its like it starts connecting but after it connects, the error thing always pops up.

Patty

• Author
  • Board of Directors

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts! I updated the post above with the time that the Strategies for Living web broadcast will be available tomorrow. See the announcement for the updated time.

Both programs may be available in the near future in archived form. When we have more information about that we'll post it here.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Author
  • Board of Directors

Hi Patty,

Originally posted by Patty

Thanks for your help,Tony.I do have Real One already installed.And I tried reinstalling it from Pauls link.And the same thing came up,saying "The link you followed is innacurate".Its like it starts connecting but after it connects, the error thing always pops up.

Patty

The link in the announcement will only work during the time specified above in the announcement. We were a bit confused about this ourselves, but have since verified that this is the case. Try again tomorrow at 12 pm noon Eastern Daylight Time (4:00 pm GMT).

Best wishes,

Paul

Ok Paul,Thanks.

I dont get home untill around 12:30 or later cause of work,so I'll miss most of it.But I'll try it when I do get back.I really hope it works tommorow.

Patty

Hey It was SO fun doing the interview with you guys. Yall are a trip. It was great hearing your voices, and you two are so sweet. I feel SOOOOO special because I got to talk to Tony and Paul at the SAME time!!! hehe Check out the site tomorrow afternoon, I'll try to get the link so we can hear the show again!

This is the direct link to the live webcast of the interview with Paul and myself which was broadcast live Wednesday evening in Shreveport. Click on the top where it says "Live Real Audio Broadcast 11a.m. - 12noon. (Those are central daylight times) Go here: http://www.strategiesforliving.com/realaudio.php3

I hope you enjoy it. If for some reason you miss it, we should have the sound available on our own LoveShack site on a temporary basis soon. And don't be surprised if I don't sound like Pee Wee Herman! But Paul does sound like a cross between Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Brad Pitt.

Thanks so much Ally for your wonderful help in the production of the show...and for inviting us on the program. Both Paul and myself had a great time. I'm just so glad in the real world we don't have to freeze every ten minutes for two minutes of commercials. That could cause some real problems, especially when in the dentist's chair.

Please convey our gratitude to all associated with the program. It was a super experience! And the live, in-studio band which did the intros was outstanding!!!

Click on the top where it says "Live Real Audio Broadcast 11a.m. - 12noon. (Those are central daylight times) Go here: http://www.strategiesforliving.com/realaudio.php3

I just clicked on where it says"Live Real Audio Broadcast 11a.m.-12 noon. It starts to connect then,a message keeps popping up saying "requested file not found".I would love to hear it but for some reason my computer wont let me.Darn.

Patty

Patty:

Please try to understand that there will be no sound coming from that site UNTIL NOON, that's 12:00p.m., Eastern Time, your time where you are, tomorrow. I am extremely sorry you are having such trouble with this. The time you see on the website, 11 a.m. - 12 NOON, is the time it is sent out on the web from Shreveport, Louisiana, which is on central time. Central time is one hour behind us. So, if you aren't at work, you need to go there at NOON your time. If you can't do that, I will let you know the next time those files are available.

Please try to read my post above VERY slowly and carefully so you will understand it. I don't want you to miss it. Do not try to use that link until the time when the sound will actually be streaming onto the Internet, which...again...will be NOON your time tomorrow. You won't hear anything any other time no matter how many times you click on it.

• Author
  • Board of Directors
Originally posted by Tony

This is the direct link to the live webcast of the interview with Paul and myself which was broadcast live Wednesday evening in Shreveport.

Tony actually posted a link to the page with a direct link to the sound file. The link in the announcement will let you listen to the sound without having to do anything else. :)

And don't be surprised if I don't sound like Pee Wee Herman!

You should really hear Tony's Forrest Gump impression. Classic. ;)

But Paul does sound like a cross between Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Brad Pitt.

I think not! I've been blessed with the voice of a 14-year old girl, but hey, you should hear me sing. ;)

Jamie, we were interviewed by radio personalities about various aspects of LoveShack. Great programs.

Oh! So it's about LoveShack? Well, I'll be damn, I didn't know this site was so well-known!

That's great!! I will be at work tomorrow when it is cast via the web. You guys are gonna post it up for us to hear on this site, aren't ya? I would really be interested to hear it.

I've been blessed with the voice of a 14-year old girl

Don't believe him, folks. 'Tisn't true. He sounds very nice.

YOU ASK: "Okay, now I'm gonna sound really lame - but what time does this come on where I live - Texas - Central Daylight Time? Help!"

It comes on at NOON, eastern time; 11 a.m. central time, which is the zone you are in so it will be on at 11 a.m. for you; 10a.m. mountain time; and 9a.m. for those in the pacific time zone...on the west coast.

The United States is divided into four time zones, Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific. Whatever time zone you are in, you can figure out the time in other zones by either counting up or down. For instance, if I'm in Los Angeles at is 6a.m., I count up 3, 1 for mountain, 1 for central and ` for easter so it would be 9a.m. eastern time....or 8a.m. in your central time zone.

Hope this helps. If you're ever in doubt of the time anywhere in the world, you can get easy charts by doing a search a http://www.google.com

Tony, Paul - I'm getting an error - NOT a 404 error but a JAVA error from RealPlayer - when I click on your link.

Normally, a non-functioning RealPlayer link would not generate a JAVA error. Whassup? Something to do with the version of RealPlayer?

rtsp://207.254.192.14:554/encoder/strategies.rm?cloakport=8080%2c554%2c7070

my_mother's_daughter

I think it starts in 5 mins if I've calculated time right for where I am (GMT +2!!) and Tony said it wouldn't be active until dead on the minute, so don't expect it to work until dead on the hour.

Oh, sure, leave it to this site to come up with a bizarre error message for 'nonfunctioning link' LOL. Thank heavens - I was worried I'd miss a chunk of this one, too.

• Author
  • Board of Directors
Originally posted by moimeme

MMD, I've used RealPlayer on lots of occasions. This is a software error message, not a nonfunctioning link message.

That is the exact error you get if you click on the link when they aren't broadcasting. It should work just fine now. :)