Does he want to continue seeing me? If so, as friends, or more?

Star Gazer

rod_in_gtown
Well, I left out the funniest part... He "dumped me" (for lack of a better word) via TEXT MESSAGE. Sooooo lame.

Yep... I think that's Oxford's dictionary qualifier for a guy to officially be labeled and sold as a certifiable bag of douche. Tres tres douchebag!

If he finds me attractive, cool, fun, and having the qualities he's looking for in someone long term... I guess I just don't understand the lack of romantic feelings, the inability for things to "develop beyond friendship." (His words.) I wasn't looking to jump into a LTR either, but I definitely had some romantic feelings towards him.

Oh well!

SG,

This reminds me of a situation involved in. I've had romantic feelings for someone whom was simply too much for me. Literally.

She was kind, caring, attractive, funny - and we connected on these levels.

Here's the catch:

- Although divorced, she is still in love with her ex-husband and is really defensive about him

- She is very flirtatious around other men and I know too much...

That's all.

• Author

UPDATE!!!!

I had emailed him on Monday re: the "friends" thing. I know, foolish. It was before I posted here (or the same time, don't remember). He just emailed me back tonight while I was out on a date. I don't want to open it. Why is that? Is it because I just got home from a pretty good date, and have a GREAT one planned for tomorrow as well? Or that ANOTHER guy who I ALSO know from way back also found me today and is when is now chasing me?? Dude, when it rains it pours!

I'm afraid of what he has to say. I've already half-way decided that friendship probably isn't possible, so do I even need to know what he's got to say in response?

What's funny is my inbox literally looks like this:

11:25: Email from guy for tomorrow night (old crush :love:)

11:00: Email from guy I JUST had the date with :)

9:30: Email from most recent guy (the text dumper) :mad:

8:30: Email from new-new reconnection :bunny:

All unopened. I don't even know where to start. I'm overwhelmed!

paddington bear

Ha ha! I think men sometimes seem to be able to smell or sense that there are other men interested in you and suddenly they initiate contact again.

I know you've had loads of other replies but I'll add my tuppence-worth and agree with the other posters to not try to stay friends with him. Stop all contact, if he changes his mind about you and wants you back he'll come running back, if he's not interested, he won't.

So what'd he write....? You must have opened the email by now!

Cherry Blossom 35

Details...

It's like Christmas morning. Which one to open first? They're all bound to have something good inside :p

rod_in_gtown

Oooooo! don't open them! do it first come first serve and let us know what each says before you open the next one!

Group email reading everyone!!

So what if I'm a shameless voyeur?

UPDATE!!!!

I had emailed him on Monday re: the "friends" thing. I know, foolish. It was before I posted here (or the same time, don't remember). He just emailed me back tonight while I was out on a date. I don't want to open it. Why is that? Is it because I just got home from a pretty good date, and have a GREAT one planned for tomorrow as well? Or that ANOTHER guy who I ALSO know from way back also found me today and is when is now chasing me?? Dude, when it rains it pours!

I'm afraid of what he has to say. I've already half-way decided that friendship probably isn't possible, so do I even need to know what he's got to say in response?

Sounds thrilling.

With all the new guys coming in, the text dumper will fall off your radar. Just remember, you have no obligation to him.

And even though I'm curious to know what he says, why not just delete the email.

Done and done.

Star, your love life is like a conveyer belt!:lmao:

I can't keep up!

When ANY guy say's he is not feeling it, it is what it says on the can ... Surely you knew what he meant?

Maybe all this speed dating is making you come across as a bit deperate? Could that be possible? There is nothing more off putting than deperation to be in a relationship and if that is the case you need to recognise what you are doing in order to stop it.

Maybe it is something to think about seeing as you are having lots of men problems with all different men?

UPDATE!!!!

SG,

You mentioned that you had just broken up with one guy and now have emails from 3 other dudes you are interested in (or rather maybe interested in you). You mentioned that the guy who broke up with you seemed hot & cold too.

Do you think he somehow figured out that you had dates lining up and realized that your behavior is more of a serial dater - whereas he maybe looking for something more long-term?

Did anything happen that might have made this guy unsure about you?

Can't speak for him but I know when I can trust a woman, there's nothing stopping me from commiting.

• Author
Star, your love life is like a conveyer belt!:lmao:

I can't keep up!

When ANY guy say's he is not feeling it, it is what it says on the can ... Surely you knew what he meant?

Maybe all this speed dating is making you come across as a bit deperate? Could that be possible? There is nothing more off putting than deperation to be in a relationship and if that is the case you need to recognise what you are doing in order to stop it.

Maybe it is something to think about seeing as you are having lots of men problems with all different men?

Rather than report you AGAIN, I'll just respond.

I don't "speed date," don't know what you're referring to. Having three dates in one week hardly paints me as desperate either. I haven't called or emailed a'one of 'em. They're all chasing ME.

My "men problems" stem from a difficiency in selection criteria and focusing too much on one guy to the disservice of other good apples.

• Author
SG,

You mentioned that you had just broken up with one guy and now have emails from 3 other dudes you are interested in (or rather maybe interested in you). You mentioned that the guy who broke up with you seemed hot & cold too.

Do you think he somehow figured out that you had dates lining up and realized that your behavior is more of a serial dater - whereas he maybe looking for something more long-term?

Did anything happen that might have made this guy unsure about you?

Can't speak for him but I know when I can trust a woman, there's nothing stopping me from commiting.

I think the opposite is true with this guy, actually.

When I was only seeing him, he was distant and kept making these "take it slow, don't rush" type comments. I found myself chasing him. It was clear to him that I was interested in him, and only him, and it freaked him out. He said he wasn't ready for a relationship just yet and believed I wanted a relationship with him NOW.

As soon as I started dating other people (which he doesn't even know about, actually, so it must have been the vibe I was giving off), I was less actively interested in him, not pursuing, etc., because I was literally busy talking to and going out with friends and other guys. This led him to think that I don't have my relationship-dart set on him as the bullseye, and he relaxed and started coming back.

Problem is, I don't want to be with someone so skittish about relationships.

Lauriebell82
Rather than report you AGAIN, I'll just respond.

I don't "speed date," don't know what you're referring to. Having three dates in one week hardly paints me as desperate either. I haven't called or emailed a'one of 'em. They're all chasing ME.

My "men problems" stem from a difficiency in selection criteria and focusing too much on one guy to the disservice of other good apples.

Well, we don't really know what your dates are like SG, so it's hard to analyze them. I will say that if dating multiple people is up your alley then go for it, it just appears that you may be unhappy with it due to your recent threads.