John Edwards

He IS standing by her, though. He IS a man with strong family values. Is it that much of a stretch to believe that the same man could also be perfectly capable of looking after his own selfish needs? It's the human condition.

OH shoot. Just saw this. No way.

What you may not be aware of is the fact that his "own selfish needs" don't coincide with the well-being of his family.

"Strong family values" is a charade as far as he's concerned. If he had strong family values as you quoted he wouldn't have cheated on his ailing wife, no?

He's a narcissist, remember?

So once again, we don't agree.

Because whether he stands by her, as you say, or not..remains to be seen, doesn't it?

My money isn't on him.

What were the other signs? I never really followed him.

Read up on him, Shadow. He's the lowest of the low.

He's the type that gives good lawyers like my H a bad name.

He's the lowest of the low.

I never like revealing where I live, but since a regular on here already took care of that for me, with no impunity I might add, I will reveal that I'm in the same state as this worm is.

He's a known liar and cheater among those of us in this state who have some sense.

He's disgusting.

He has too much to lose in a divorce.. Who would get the largest home in NC ?

Well not THE largest...but close.

And yeah...you're right.

That is terrible, his wife has incurable cancer then he goes and does that.

Not only that, but as I recall...and I'm too lazy to research it now, they even lost a child in some kind of accident once.

He's scum I tell you.

Trialbyfire

Lest we forget, what about McCain and the lobbyist. I believe this wasn't the first or last time he's been caught in infidelity.

• Author
Shadow, If Hillary's proven anything, it's that she can take care of herself. Before "Monica" Hillary headed up the "Bimbo Eruption Squad" controlling or trying to control the release of information about her husband. I doubt a "random cigar incident" or B.J. here or there didn't take her by suprise. Open marriages work for some people. Infidelity may not be the correct descriptive term for the Clinton's sexual "arraingement".

And I understand Bill hasn't slowed down any, either, since he's left office. Even with a quadruple (yeah, I typed it right) bypass surgery a couple years ago.

Another example of family values... In spite of all the tribulation that family has been through, Chelsea has turned out to be absolutely magnificent. Great kid.

It is the counties largest though.. over 28,000 square feet.. and the most valuable in the county as well

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=3848

But you said previously that it was the largest home in NC. That's not true. Now you're saying in the county. That may be true.

Uhm, no Johan. Not a "typical" lawyer.:mad:

LakesideDream

What is wrong here? It's not about John Edward being a cheater! It's about cheating (and hurting, causing pain, humiliation, discomfort, embarassment, angst, etc.) to a fellow human being who bore, and helps raise his children, lives in the same house, presumably shares a bed with......

While that fellow human being, his wife is battling a terminal form of CANCER.

I would have the same opinion if the man doing this was a Grocery Store manager, plumber, or insurance salesman. There is a time to take care of ones personal needs..... there's a time when you suck it up and support the person who has be a partner in your life.

He is a scumbag.

But you said previously that it was the largest home in NC. That's not true. Now you're saying in the county. That may be true.

Uhm, no Johan. Not a "typical" lawyer.:mad:

Yeah.. you are right.. and you corrected me on a previous post..

28k square feet is living pretty large and is an awful lot to lose.. hence why he is going to stand by her..

widow vs divorcée .. of course I am being cynical about him..

whichwayisup

He claims he came clean about the affair before she was diagnosed with cancer, and that the A was over already.

Typical lawyer.

"Typical lawyer"? No, I don't believe so.

Typical alpha male politician? Oh, yes.

What does everyone think? Is he just a guy who gave in to temptation, and most guys would do the same if they'd been in his shoes? Or is he really narcissistic? Does he have a "character flaw" as is so often claimed on these boards? Is he a typical CS in your opinion?

Do you think he is truly repentant? Do you think he really loves Elizabeth? or is he just trying to save his own political future?

And do you think he will do it again?

I think we are no in a position to judge this man and certainly not in a position to read his mind and heart to come anywhere close to answering the above questions.

Actually, I liked the video right after it where he was wiping snot on his adoring fans at a rally.

You mean this one?

He's disgusting any way you cut it.

• Author

Well, his hair was nicely-combed.

"Can I just explain what happened..."

"I don't know who that baby is in that photograph"

But I gotta hand it to the guy, he didn't make Elizabeth sit next to him. "I'm responsible for this... no one else."

Even though he didn't come out and say it, I discovered why he came forward with the information now. The OW was trying to blackmail him. That's why he went out to CA to meet with her. Several times. To discuss her "hardships" (living in a $3 million mansion is undoubtedly quite a wretched existence).

His campaign finance guy is apparently going to take the fall for him on feeding her the money. I think Andrew Young should pay for it. Geez, how many people did this woman sleep with on the campaign trail???

Gosh, I like Martin Bashir! That British accent.

I love chocolate
Lest we forget, what about McCain and the lobbyist. I believe this wasn't the first or last time he's been caught in infidelity.

Yes, McCain is saying it's ridiculous, just like Edwards was saying until now.

Jake Barnes
He did adamently deny it to the press. He came clean to his wife.

No he adamantly proclaimed it to the press and then denied it to his wife