Denver guy responded

Citizen Erased
Just feeling sick today CE.

Is like I want to take some poison and die.

:( *hugs*

It's fine, I'm sure he'll email you tomorrow and say he was busy with something and wish you happy birthday.

Sorry your birthday sucked. I'll be joining you in that category in the next few weeks I'm sure.

:( *hugs*

It's fine, I'm sure he'll email you tomorrow and say he was busy with something and wish you happy birthday.

Sorry your birthday sucked. I'll be joining you in that category in the next few weeks I'm sure.

So sad, and sooooooo familiar. From the Histrionic Personality Disorder summary:

The actual risk of suicide is not known, but individuals with this disorder are at increased risk for suicidal gestures and threats to get attention and coerce better care giving.

:(

Many Happy Birthday hugs, my sweet A. Forget about his not sending you a greeting. You should know him by now. Let it go. You can't expect much from this friendship. That's just the way it is. :love:

Btw,

And old best friend from HS called me from South Am, and even though I was happy she called..

Still it didn't cheered me up. Nothing could cheer me up.

I was going to go to dinner with my son and told him I just didn't feel like it.

My parents called and asked how I was doing, I told them awful.

Sigh :(

Ariadne, this attitude is totally unfair to the people who actually DO love you and wish you well: your friends, son, family.

I can't help but think that declaring a birthday ruined, cancelling plans with a loved one and calling a birthday awful just because some guy didn't write is extremely self-serving A.

• Author
Happy Birthday, Ariadne. Espero que todos tus días sean como quieras. :)

Many Happy Birthday hugs, my sweet A. Forget about his not sending you a greeting. You should know him by now. Let it go. You can't expect much from this friendship. That's just the way it is. :love:

Thanks guys. Appreciate that.

• Author
Ariadne, this attitude is totally unfair to the people who actually DO love you and wish you well: your friends, son, family.

I can't help but think that declaring a birthday ruined, cancelling plans with a loved one and calling a birthday awful just because some guy didn't write is extremely self-serving A.

Well, what am I supposed to do?

I didn't want to go to dinner with my son when I feel like I'm about to throw up.

Besides, he didn't care much, he was going to go for me really.

• Author

So,

I just woke up and there was an email from him.

------------------

Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 4:20 AM

Subject: Re: hey

I'm sorry. 4:00AM and I just remembered--I'm so far behind this weekend I'm just now getting through messages. I can still get in a happy day-after-birthday wish. I hope you went out and did something fun nonetheless. I have to go get some sleep now. Hope you're sleeping well right now.

Well, what am I supposed to do?

I didn't want to go to dinner with my son when I feel like I'm about to throw up.

Besides, he didn't care much, he was going to go for me really.

You could put things in perspective and realize that you let a man who's never been part of your life affect your relationship with your son ... who would have gone for you because he is an actual part of your life and he does truly love you.

• Author
You could put things in perspective and realize that you let a man who's never been part of your life affect your relationship with your son ... who would have gone for you because he is an actual part of your life and he does truly love you.

No, he didn't affect my relationship with my son.

No, he didn't affect my relationship with my son.

Yes you let him affect your relationship with your son. You cancelled plans with your son because you were upset that some guy you've been obessing over for years didn't wish you a happy b-day.

You have DGlism: you are letting your obsession with DG take control of your life.

You may think your son doesn't care - but the fact is, you made DG a priority over him.

You know it was my birthday on Sunday, and the guy I like didn't wish me a happy birthday. (I had told him a month ago when it was, but he has been super busy with family stuff, so it may not have registered.) Anyway, was I a bit sad about it? Yes, a bit. Did I let it ruin my birthday? No. Have I sent hin five emails complaining about his lack of well wishes. (That I know he has)? No. One of my best friends is a guy, he adores his wife, and he still forgets her birthday. I had a great birthday, and have had a great year, and don't need some guy to validate that, and neither should you Adriane.

• Author
You know it was my birthday on Sunday, and the guy I like didn't wish me a happy birthday. (I had told him a month ago when it was, but he has been super busy with family stuff, so it may not have registered.) Anyway, was I a bit sad about it? Yes, a bit. Did I let it ruin my birthday? No. Have I sent hin five emails complaining about his lack of well wishes. (That I know he has)? No. One of my best friends is a guy, he adores his wife, and he still forgets her birthday. I had a great birthday, and have had a great year, and don't need some guy to validate that, and neither should you Adriane.

That's cool.

But I'm not like that, I get really sick. There's nothing I can do about it but to go along with it.

In fact, I'm not even going to go to work today because I'm still feeling sick from the whole thing.

I didn't do laundry yesterday and I have nothing to wear to work, anyway.

I responded to him:

-----------

Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:05 AM

Subject: Re: hey

Thank you.

No, I didn't go out. I had planned to go to dinner with my son, but I was feeling too bad for that.

I tried not to feel bad but nothing helped and nothing seemed fun.

-----------

I feel like we just broke up. :(

Poor poor poor Ariadne. Pobrecita. Her heart has been broken for two years now. She is the victim in all of this. And there is nothing, nothing she can do to help herself.

That's how much she loves him.

Her life, her family? Oh, whatever, they don't care and their love is but a poor replacement for her obsession.

• Author
Poor poor poor Ariadne. Pobrecita. Her heart has been broken for two years now. She is the victim in all of this. And there is nothing, nothing she can do to help herself.

That's how much she loves him.

Her life, her family? Oh, whatever, they don't care and their love is but a poor replacement for her obsession.

Of course I care about my family.

But I'm not the type to put on a happy face when I feel like crap, and go eat dinner when I feel sick to my stomach.

My son and parents know exactly what's going on.

• Author
Honey,

I don't mean this harshly but you were never together in the first place. And the five notes. That's a no-no, Ariadne.

Well, break up whatever we had at least.

He is coming to LA in November for some business and I wanted to see him.

Oh for goodness sake Ariadne!!!!!!!!!!

Why on earth are you letting some lame dude who looks like the killer from Silence of the Lambs cause you so much heartache?

I alo think it is diabolical that you turned down your son so you could sit and mope about a guy who was never your boyfriend to begin with!

Jeeze woman you are so not willing to help yourself and it is soooooooo frustrating to read this drivel!

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh for goodness sake Ariadne!!!!!!!!!!

Why on earth are you letting some lame dude who looks like the killer from Silence of the Lambs cause you so much heartache?

I alo think it is diabolical that you turned down your son so you could sit and mope about a guy who was never your boyfriend to begin with!

Jeeze woman you are so not willing to help yourself and it is soooooooo frustrating to read this drivel!

Ok, I think you guys fail to understand the intensity of my feelings.

I feel like someone close has died or something.

• Author
Poor sick woman. :( She'll never be happy.

Yeah, is almost like I prefer to die. Life is just one big struggle.

I don't want to kill myself, but at this point I prefer to die.

Life is just work work work, no love, and struggle.

But maybe I'm rambling today, my mood is very bad.

Ok, I think you guys fail to understand the intensity of my feelings.

I feel like someone close has died or something.

A, I feel like you are unhelpable as you are unwilling to help yourself!

Listen, this guy is stringing you along and loving the attention and you are feeding him and his narcissism with every downtrodden, needy email you send him

He does not want you A, and you are allowing yourself to be ripped into two by this sad excuse of a man

I am really feeling for you as I know you mean every word you write and how upset you remain to be over this Denver freak!

Please go and get help! PLEASE!

What is unfortunate is that her son is witnessing this and subltley taking on these issues for himself. It will most likely play out later in his future relationships.

As far as Ariadne goes. I think you have remarkable insight sometimes into other people's situations and can succinctly phrase a response.

Yet that talent seems lost in your own situation. I'm left feeling that you would prefer to feel sick and depressed most of the time and settle for momentary elations that really are just not much when compared to what you could gain by giving up this to gain something unknown but perhaps better.

A soul that prefers to be sacrificed a martyr on the alter of unrequited love. Even clings to it.

That can't be fun at all.

Most people in your life would probably prefer that you find some happiness instead of drowning in a pond of despair. People throw you life preservers and you refuse to climb out. Eventually they will give up and accept that you are happy, being unhappy. So be it.

Happy birthday Ariadne. I do hope one day that you can let go of something painful to gain something wonderful.

• Author
A, I feel like you are unhelpable as you are unwilling to help yourself!

Listen, this guy is stringing you along and loving the attention and you are feeding him and his narcissism with every downtrodden, needy email you send him

He does not want you A, and you are allowing yourself to be ripped into two by this sad excuse of a man

I am really feeling for you as I know you mean every word you write and how upset you remain to be over this Denver freak!

Please go and get help! PLEASE!

Sigh... Thanks Lishy.

I do send him adoring emails several times a day.

Sigh... Thanks Lishy.

I do send him adoring emails several times a day.

Cant you just stop it?

You are not achieving anything by these actions

A, do you realise yourself that your behaviour is not normal?

• Like 1