What is with women's warped perception of the average height of males?

My ex-husband is 5'7" therefore short I guess, but very stocky. He has the biggest penis I have ever seen on earth. I have dated plenty of guys, but nobody came close to that. I don't know, it's like sometimes I wished he was a little smaller. A big penis is not always good, depending on the mood you're on. I used to get horrified when he approached me during the days when I didn't fel like it, you know. I like tall guys because they're less insecure with themselves, and overall, they look good without trying too hard. But I know most if not all of them, are not well hung, to say the truth. God cannot give you everything.

Faces and attitude are a lot more important than height to me in a guy. The first things I notice are eyes, smile, coloring and confidence/lack of arrogance. I would date a guy who was only 5'8" if he had a really cute face and a sexy personality. Anything shorter, though, would be too close to my own height. My ideal is about 6'1"-6'2", but I'm fairly flexible. Guys can also be too tall. Even 6'4" is pushing it for me.

It's also about proportion. I find it disconcerting when short guys have really wide shoulders and stocky frames. When I find shorter guys attractive, their frames are usually downsized.

Faces and attitude are a lot more important than height to me in a guy. The first things I notice are eyes, smile, coloring and confidence. I would date a guy who was only 5'7"-5'8" if he had a really cute face and a sexy personality. Anything shorter, though, would be too close to my own height. My ideal is about 6'1"-6'2", but I'm fairly flexible. Guys can also be too tall. Even 6'4" is pushing it for me.

It's also about proportion. I find it disconcerting when short guys have really wide shoulders and stocky frames. When I find shorter guys attractive, their frames are usually downsized.

Just goes to show, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... or, one man's nightmare is another man's dream.:D Short, stocky guys with wide shoulders are definitely my type. Yummy!!:love::love:

I like tall guys because they're less insecure with themselves, and overall, they look good without trying too hard. But I know most if not all of them, are not well hung, to say the truth. God cannot give you everything.

Tall guys aren't well-hung?? I was not aware of that.

I'm about 5'6" and I generally love it.

Occasionally would like to be taller, but it's circumstantial and I get over it.

Certainly never wish to be taller for the sake of women, height doesn't hamper me there at all.

I like tall guys because they're less insecure with themselves, and overall, they look good without trying too hard. But I know most if not all of them, are not well hung, to say the truth. God cannot give you everything.

Wow. Not true at all. I almost only dated men 6'2" -6'4"....and they all were blessed in more way then one.

It's completely ridiculous to generalize about height..

Some tall men have issues.. some shorter guys have those same issues.

Some tall guys are well endowed.. some shorter guys are also well endowed...

Some tall men are more confident.. some shorter men are just as confident..

Same with women.. height has nothing to do with the personality, intelligence, etc...

It's personal preference, plain and simple.. :rolleyes:

mental_traveller

I don't see the problem, it's up to them what they like.

For me, any woman with a chest smaller than 34DD is basically flat-chested. Now, i don't say that to their face, since I don't wanna needlessly piss someone off, but that's my preference. Unless every other part of you is amazingly hot, I'm not really gonna be too interested. Yes, that disqualifies like 80%+ of the female population, but so what? I am not interested in being with Miss Average, I want to be with someone above the norm.

In the same way, if they say sorry I want someone 6ft, or 190lbs of muscle, that's fine by me - horses for courses. I don't see why you are taking it personally.

Trialbyfire
I don't see the problem, it's up to them what they like.

For me, any woman with a chest smaller than 34DD is basically flat-chested. Now, i don't say that to their face, since I don't wanna needlessly piss someone off, but that's my preference. Unless every other part of you is amazingly hot, I'm not really gonna be too interested. Yes, that disqualifies like 80%+ of the female population, but so what? I am not interested in being with Miss Average, I want to be with someone above the norm.

*points to self*

Is now considered flat-chested and loving it! :laugh:

In the same way, if they say sorry I want someone 6ft, or 190lbs of muscle, that's fine by me - horses for courses. I don't see why you are taking it personally.

Too heavy for me. I prefer 170 - 180, for this height.

You and I are so not compatible! :laugh:

mental_traveller
Yeah, I was thinking that if you're stocky (like me), your stockiness will make up for you not being that tall.

Dude trust me, chicks talk about needing this or that quality all the time. They love to make their shopping lists. ALL of it goes right out the window if there is any kind of chemistry. It's just like guys who say they want a playboy model lookalike - they could meet some fat chick who gives off a certain vibe and next thing you know, they are joined at the hip. One of the biggest womanizers I ever knew was about 5'6, bald, and not exactly good-looking. I am sure every one of the taller, 9 or 10/10 beauties he porked would have never clicked on his profile on a dating site, and if you had described him to them they would have laughed at the idea that they would end up in bed with him, but sure enough that's what happened.

Attraction is not rational, it is not based around lists or minimum characteristics or qualities.

So chill about your height. It will matter to who it matters, and won't matter when it doesn't matter. And the latter is all that concerns you.

mental_traveller
*points to self*

Hey, I'm just using the exact same approach as some of the ladies on this thread! Another guy would consider my type of woman to be "fat" or whatever. And there are definitely skinny 110lb 32b girls who are smoking hot and make my eyes pop out on stalks. But that's my general *preference*. Just like some girls prefer tall or muscular guys - it's a preference, not a cardinal rule.

Trialbyfire
Hey, I'm just using the exact same approach as some of the ladies on this thread! Another guy would consider my type of woman to be "fat" or whatever. And there are definitely skinny 110lb 32b girls who are smoking hot and make my eyes pop out on stalks. But that's my general *preference*. Just like some girls prefer tall or muscular guys - it's a preference, not a cardinal rule.

Haha...I'm not the least bit offended. If anything, I find it funny. I weigh less than 110 and are bigger than 32b. That is all. :laugh:

Earl8uatyahoo
Lately I have been talking to a lot of women online, and even have met a few, and it seems like damn near every one of them say that I'm very short, especially for a black male (based on my height listed in my profile, I'm 5'9").

Like I said, nearly every woman I talk to says something along these lines. Why is it that women have the perception that 5'9" is short? Looking at wikipedia, the average height in the US is 5'9", with the average black male's height being 5'10". If 5'9" was "very short", why am I at the average? :rolleyes:

I don't care about my height at all (especially since it's something you have zero control over), but it doesn't stop it from being annoying when nearly every women considers me "short" when in fact I am average by definition.

The funny thing is all of these women are considerably shorter than me. I had one woman complain about my height and she was 5"0" :rolleyes:

However it doesn't bother me in respect to the fact I am who i am. but what does bother me is the fairytale dream world most women live in. They all want that Tall dark and handsome man they see on the soap opra's. Nothing is wrong with having preferances. But you know if you limit your self to only certain types of men and their looks. you maybe passing by the man who could love you best. in my experience i really didn't have to look for the women who liked or didn't mind a short man. they always let them selves be known in some way. but those women are few and far between. as for the size of a man DOES NOT RELATE TO THE SIZE OF HIS PACKAGE. However as crude as this may sound to the women who are only Happy with a man of a Huge package size did it ever accure to you that might mean your loose like in echo chamber?

But height is only Matter if your worried about what other will think of you. and if thats the case then your not thinking about what matters to you and to him. what's important Us or Me if the answer is Me then there is no Us. a persons love and heart is not affected by his or her height. so that means only one thing it's either Vainty or security. but it can not be security in truth because again you don't have to be a big man to be tough JET LEE is a Bad Ass and he stands 5'3"

So ladies I understand you like a man to be taller then you But I swear to you that is a learned trait. If the man that loved you like they write stories about was not tall you wouldn't care because you knew your loved and wanted and desired and cherised.

The mother of my son's is 6' and the mother of my daughter is 5' and all my kids are bigger then me. my oldest is 6'4"

Happy hunting and rememeber before you say NO to a short man at the least talk to him first.

*points to self*

Wow, I never knew my c-cup could be considered flat by some guys, but whatever floats your boat.;) We all have our preferences.

Once I was using my older brother's computer and accidentally opened a folder I wish I could now delete from my memory. It was full of pictures of women's asses. No heads attached, just asses. There were even some anatomical diagrams of female asses in there. :lmao: My brother is ass-obsessed and says he will only date women who have "bubble butts." He doesn't seem to care about the rest of the body or face. Just goes to show you how individual people's preferences are.

Wow, I never knew my c-cup could be considered flat by some guys, but whatever floats your boat.;) We all have our preferences.

Flat? Not even...Not sure what the dude who said he thought anything less than DD was 'small'...That's nuts.

C cup is pretty much the perfect boob. Congrats Shadow.

Honest men will tell you it's gravity that matters, not cup size.

"Your pretty cute, but wow you're pretty short aren't you?"

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Here you go boys. Feel free to deploy as necessary.

I personally would not date anyone with a BMI above mine and who was not a large breasted athlete with an IQ at least as high as mine (>160) and a 10K time of under 55 minutes.

Feel free to scan this post with your sarcasm detectors.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Here you go boys. Feel free to deploy as necessary.

I personally would not date anyone with a BMI above mine and who was not a large breasted athlete with an IQ at least as high as mine (>160) and a 10K time of under 55 minutes.

Feel free to scan this post with your sarcasm detectors.

I don't think thats right... I got 21.8 even though I'm underweight but it says less than 18.5 is underweight.

I'm 5'9 and my girlfriend is 5'5 and she loves wearing heels to piss me off, because she knows I like short girls (which she is!)

However, she never talks height when she's wearing flip-flops...! The moment she has on heels and is eye to eye with me, I'm immediately, 'short for a guy!' >\

5'9" is the minimum.. really.. I prefer tall guys.. 6'-6'2"

I am 5'2" .. it's only a matter of preference I guess...

I bet you have some preference for a woman.. ;)

At 5'2, anyone above 5'6 (w/wo heels) is going to be tall for you. :laugh:

CandyGirlXO

I am 5'2 so I don't really care about height. Just as long as they are taller than me, which is always the case since I am so short.

Almost all of my exes were 5'9.

I'm 5'10" (sometimes the doc. tells me I'm 5'10.5"), but I have only dated girls around my height. I think the shortest girl was 5'7", so with heels some were a good inch or two or even three taller than me. Never was an issue.

My mom has a good 4 inches on my dad without heels. 30 years of marriage and 4 kids. Never was an issue.

We all have our preferences of an ideal, but to exclude someone based on something like height is bogus IMO. If I had my ideal, then we're talking supermodels, but I've dated girls with various breast sizes, waist sizes, height, etc. Those things don't factor in on my decision to date someone.

let me ask you something..

would you date a woman who is 6' - 6'1" ?

I'm 5'10". I've dated women as tall as 6'2". I think it only bothers women to date men their height or shorter than them due mostly to the woman seeming "bigger". I'm sure there are other factors but that strikes me as the most logical explanation.

PS: Never diss tall women. They're fun! WOOT :)

Well, a shade over 5'8 myself. Tallest woman I dated was 5'11. My preference is 5'4 or under but would happily take a taller girl with a good personality over a shorter girl without one.

Used to be bothered by my height in HS- all my friends were over 6 ft. Worked on making myself more interesting and doing things that I enjoyed- martial arts, motocross, reading,:Ddancing, hiking, sailing, horseback riding, ect.

Funny, when I stopped worrying about it, the girls suddenly were interested.

If they wouldn't consider me because of my height-screw em- there were always others.

Trialbyfire
Funny, when I stopped worrying about it, the girls suddenly were interested.

This is a large portion of attraction. Confidence in yourself and not being apologetic or afraid to be who you are.