What is with women's warped perception of the average height of males?

Trialbyfire
women can be really viscious, why put down a guy because he says he is happy to be who he is!?!?

I'll never get that. isn't that what we women complain about all the time, that men can be really superficial and callous? why turn around and do the same...? :confused:

No kidding. I think this is beyond brutal and pathetic.

I don't understand this old saying.. I have big boobs so it got me curious.. do you mean that women tend to exagerate their boobs' size? :laugh:

Not in words, but with padded/pushup/enhancer bras, they sure do (those with small boobs, anyway). Not all woman with small boobs do this, but many do. Just like women with big boobs, men who are tall don't lie about their height, just as women with big boobs don't wear padded/pushup bras...they don't have to.

whichwayisup
women can be really viscious, why put down a guy because he says he is happy to be who he is!?!?

Because those who put down other people and try to poo-poo their happiness are more than likely miserable themselves and jealous. To make someone else feel bad makes THEM feel better. Pathetic is right.

PS Yeah this is a first, never read on ANY forum of a poster wanting to sue another poster. Wow.

Out of curiosity, does being stocky compensate for not being that tall?

I don't think so. The opposite effect, if any, IMO.

Uh, interesting thread. I just loved the lawsuit part . People really do get whipped up by size . The OP really did know what he was talking about.

I'm 5'4'' but live in 3'' heels. I wouldn't call 5'9'' short (if you're in fact 5'9'', and not 5'7.5'' and just REALLY rounding up). For me, 5'11'' or 6' is perfect. But I'd rather date someone who's ridiculously tall than shorter than 5'9''.

I find it funny that shorter men mock short women who want to date tall guys. Do you not understand that short/petite women, who generally feel physically vulnerable and therefore want a sense of protection from their man, often want a big, strong man who's not also perceived as physically vulnerable?

This brings up a question I've always wondered about: Ok, you want a guy who is taller than you and bigger than you, that's fine and makes perfect sense to me. I'm 5'9" and I'm pretty muscular so I'm bigger than almost every women I meet even if they are taller than me (unless they are fat). And I probably wouldn't want a woman bigger than me anyway, lol. But why does he need to be taller than you in 3" heels? Why don't you just not live in 3" heels?

And what is the obsession with woman and heels? :confused: This has always perplexed to me. Maybe I'm just a guy and don't understand, IDK. Help me out on this one. We'll still have sex with you even if you are barefoot.

And about mocking short women with tall men: It's just hard not to laugh when you imagine the dynamics of sex between a 6'3" guy and a 4'11" girl. :laugh: It's just kinda cartoonish in a way. I had a roomate like that. He was tall and scrawny and she was kinda short and stout. Actually, now that I think about it, my brother's roommate was 6'9" and his girlfriend was a shade under 5'. He was gaunt looking and she was kinda fat. One thought always came to mind when I saw them: freaky circus sex.

Out of curiosity, does being stocky compensate for not being that tall?

Actually I have heard that it is better to have bit more meat on your bones if you are a guy who's shorter than about 5.8 or so, because it adds to your physical presence.

This brings up a question I've always wondered about: Ok, you want a guy who is taller than you and bigger than you, that's fine and makes perfect sense to me. I'm 5'9" and I'm pretty muscular so I'm bigger than almost every women I meet even if they are taller than me (unless they are fat). And I probably wouldn't want a woman bigger than me anyway, lol. But why does he need to be taller than you in 3" heels? Why don't you just not live in 3" heels?

Why should I give up the heels? There are PLENTY of men 5'10'' and above that I shouldn't have to give up my gorgeous footwear just to make a man feel secure in his manhood. When I'm dressed to the nines (which will ALWAYS include heels for EVERY woman except Katie Holmes), I still want to look UP at my man, not directly into his eyes (or even downward).

And about mocking short women with tall men: It's just hard not to laugh when you imagine the dynamics of sex between a 6'3" guy and a 4'11" girl. :laugh: It's just kinda cartoonish in a way. I had a roomate like that. He was tall and scrawny and she was kinda short and stout. Actually, now that I think about it, my brother's roommate was 6'9" and his girlfriend was a shade under 5'. He was gaunt looking and she was kinda fat. One thought always came to mind when I saw them: freaky circus sex.

My three longest relationships were with guys who were 6'6'', 6'8'', and 6'1''. Trust me, there was nothing "circus sex" about my intimate moments with them. Height has nothing to do with a penis and vagina fitting well together.

But speaking of sex...

It also helps that these tall dudes' penises were...um...proportional. I've never seen a small penis on a tall guy. Many short guys penises are proportional as well. Get what I'm sayin'? Obviously not true in every instance when it comes to short guys, but when you have the choice between a tall guy and a short guy... odds are... ;)

EDIT: WAIT! I take that back! I have seen a small penis on a tall guy! The alkie was 6'0'' and he was hung like a gnat! I remember being soooooooo disappointed (and shocked!).

It also helps that these tall dudes' penises were...um...proportional. I've never seen a small penis on a tall guy. Many short guys penises are proportional as well. Get what I'm sayin'? Obviously not true in every instance when it comes to short guys, but when you have the choice between a tall guy and a short guy... odds are... ;)

EDIT: WAIT! I take that back! I have seen a small penis on a tall guy! The alkie was 6'0'' and he was hung like a gnat! I remember being soooooooo disappointed (and shocked!).

whatev!!! I've seen a small penis on a tall guy.

also my ex that was shorter than me had the most beautiful penis I had ever seen, it wasn't crazy or anything it was perfect he was perfectly endowed. I thought maybe because he was short he would be "small" oh boy was I in for a gorgeous surprise. I would tell him how much I looooved his penis all the time.

that is such a lame rule of thumb, tall guys have the exact same size penis as short guys: average.

I had a friend that would always complain that men weren't big enough and she slept around a LOT, you do the math...:D

I agree with the stocky comment on shorter men if he is too thin then it does make him look even smaller.

SoulSearch_CO
I totally agree, not sure why women (mainly online, haven't had this experience IRL) feel the need to do this.

In chat conversations I've had many women say something like this:

"Your pretty cute, but wow you're pretty short aren't you?"

And this comes from women who are 5'4"

Ouch - that's pretty harsh. I couldn't imagine saying that to somebody. And I don't think 5'9" is short, anyway. How odd. I always found it a little strange for people to make that kind of comment to somebody, anyway. Even if they are short. If they're short, don't you think they know it? If they're not short, then you're pretty stupid for having said it.

Actually I have heard that it is better to have bit more meat on your bones if you are a guy who's shorter than about 5.8 or so, because it adds to your physical presence.

Yeah, I was thinking that if you're stocky (like me), your stockiness will make up for you not being that tall.

whatev!!! I've seen a small penis on a tall guy.

Did you not read my "EDIT" that you quoted? :rolleyes:

That said, there are always exceptions to the rule. But those exceptions are part of what makes the rule. :)

also my ex that was shorter than me had the most beautiful penis I had ever seen, it wasn't crazy or anything it was perfect he was perfectly endowed. I thought maybe because he was short he would be "small" oh boy was I in for a gorgeous surprise. I would tell him how much I looooved his penis all the time.

I don't hear you saying that this short guy had a big penis, only that it was "perfect." "Perfect" says who? You? Size is objective. "Perfect" is not. In addition, an "average" penis will always appear bigger on a smaller framed guy, just as a pair of DD boobs look bigger on a girl who's 5'1'' and a 100 lbs. than they do on a 5'10'' leggy model.

that is such a lame rule of thumb, tall guys have the exact same size penis as short guys: average.

Actually, as I understand it, what constitutes "average" is actually largely based on the dude's race.

Did you not read my "EDIT" that you quoted? :rolleyes:

ya I read it, and? you still said all short men have short penises and tall dudes have long ones and that is just your take on it. you like taller dudes fine but don't pull a bobbit on short dude's penises because you like tall dudes. :laugh:

I don't hear you saying that this short guy had a big penis, only that it was "perfect." "Perfect" says who? You? Size is objective. "Perfect" is not. In addition, an "average" penis will always appear bigger on a smaller framed guy, just as a pair of DD boobs look bigger on a girl who's 5'1'' and a 100 lbs. than they do on a 5'10'' leggy model.

I was trying to not be crass, but ok he had a big penis for his anatomy. happy? his shape all around was above average yet making it perfect he was not huge (which I would find a turn off) and considering his height I thought he would be below average. he wasn't. had a pefect length to girth penis it was perfect. and yes says me. like you say tall men have big penises so says who?

Actually, as I understand it, what constitutes "average" is actually largely based on the dude's race.

well then is it height or race?

AriaIncognito
Lizzie - my last boss claimed he was 5' 10" - *I* am 5'10"...he was at least 3 inches shorter!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My last ex was 5 3 and a half, and he always put 5 5 on the profile because he said his actual height ruled him out for most women. I was taller than him, at 5 4 lol.

As for the original poster, i'd say 5 9 isn't "short" I'd consider it average at this point. The guy I'm seeing now I believe is 5 10, and I'd consider that average. Women tend to prefer the man be a few inches taller. Maybe it's a feeling of protection thing, not sure. When I dated the guy that was my height, I never really got that protected feeling. There is a point where the guy is too tall though, like someone else said, standing on your tippy toes to kiss gets old fast lol.

Balthazar.. I don't know how many 'shlongs' you have seen in your life.. and how do you base your statement... but let me tell you that I think I've seen a looooot more shlongs than you have... I've seen hundreds of them.. and you're off.. sorry.. I've seen guys with long extremities and tiny weenies and smaller guys with huge shlongs.. ;)

I will gladly accept that your knowledge of schlongs exceeds mine.

I will gladly accept that your knowledge of schlongs exceeds mine.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

There was no getting around that one.

Cherry Blossom 35

Short, tall, whatever...how about figuring each person on their own merits?

I understand attraction, and what does it for some does not do it for others.

But honestly, why the hatin' on the short guys? No one can help how tall or short they are. It just seems really unfair to me. Why be so mean? It's not like short is a character flaw or something.

This really bugs me. Just not fair, I guess.

Nature is not fair, and it never has been.

Some people are born with perfect bodies, great hair, height, etc. while others are misshapen in the extreme.

But only a genetically gifted few have the complete package.

A few years ago, I remember a beauty contestant(from North Carolina I believe) with the intellect of a dodo bird.

Yet, her physical beauty was beyond reproach.

So, she goes through life beautiful, but stupid.

However, an optimist will point out that attraction is subjective, so almost everybody has a chance at finding someone.

Same applies for shorter guys. Many women who posted here wrote about dating and having relationships with shorter dudes.

The pool of available women may be smaller, but it is there.

It's just just a mans problem, I like tall women. About 5'10 is perfect for me.

I get turned off by small women, wouldn't date one. Any other men think the same?

Wow, all this over height?! I do think 5'9 is on the rather short side for women who are taller at 5'7-5'10 because lets face it, most women wear heels. When the man is shorter, we women feel huge next to them.

I am 5'5 and my bf is 5'10 so he says, but I think he is more like 5'9. In my heels I am nearly level with him and thats ok to me, but if I were taller I would feel like an amazon.

Trialbyfire

You can't stack height and heels like that. When you wear 4" heels, it doesn't automatically make you 4" taller. It's far less than that.

As I've said many times, I'm initially attracted to taller men and I'm short. It's one of those first glance impressions.

But...

Regardless of height, tall or short, an arsehole is an arsehole and not worth my time. It sometimes takes awhile to figure it out but sooner or later, if the guy is a jerk, it will come through.

And yes, I've dated men who weren't what is societally considered tall. Height and physical appearances aren't what primarily drives me.