Wanting a Taken man

Lookingforward
When you have a girlfriend or wife, or are "seeing someone", it means you are not single. :laugh: You are supposed to be with that person only (unless you are a muslim 4 wife guy or John Travolta from saturday night fever).

gee and there I thought SINGLE meant NOT married I don't equate a girlFRIEND with a WIFE

Wonkette,

Are you interested in Confuzzled79 by any chance?

TF

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

Or are we smelling a troll posting(s)?

What rules ???? What happened to he's SINGLE (ie available) ??

You are right, he is single. But it is obvious he isn't to be trusted in a committed relationship.

So you get some people out there with the attitude that he is single, and with the perception that he is available even though the person interested knows he is in a committed relationship....breaks that relationship, dates him...then finds out later that he played her as well....then all of a sudden he is a creep.

Bottom line, yes, he is single, available? sure, I suppose. But if he is willing to break a committed relationship on an attraction, I don't wanna hear how much of a jerk he is when he does it to you too.

Lookingforward
You are right, he is single. But it is obvious he isn't to be trusted in a committed relationship.

So you get some people out there with the attitude that he is single, and with the perception that he is available even though the person interested knows he is in a committed relationship....breaks that relationship, dates him...then finds out later that he played her as well....then all of a sudden he is a creep.

Bottom line, yes, he is single, available? sure, I suppose. But if he is willing to break a committed relationship on an attraction, I don't wanna hear how much of a jerk he is when he does it to you too.

TS, that's my point actually - HOW "committed' is a gf/bf relationship ? He has no ring on his finger and she has none on hers apparently.... to my mind that means he is STILL on the market

Interesting...do a 'stare and compare' on writing styles between Wonkette's and Confuzzled's initial posts. Look at the adjective use, the use of the ellipses, and how both posted first person quotes. You don't often see people actually tell the story like that.

These two must truly be made for each other.

Interesting...do a 'stare and compare' on writing styles between Wonkette's and Confuzzled's initial posts. Look at the adjective use, the use of the ellipses, and how both posted first person quotes. You don't often see people actually tell the story like that.

wow.. Owl.. lots of time on your hands... :p

Lookingforward

While it wouldn't be a HUGE stretch to imagine two people in the same situation googling and coming across this website - it IS a little coincidental they both posted within the same day of each other on the very same board (considering it's an OW/OM board at that)

That said, the discussion re this topic is interesting

what i find perplexing is BOTH posted in the OW/OM forum considering neither is actually married! why not the "dating" forum?

is one actually married and not saying? hmmmm

LakesideDream

Ah... what is this post in the OW/OM forum for? Girlfriends, boyfriends... high school stuff. Fall in love Monday, find someone new Friday night. That's what girlfriends and boyfriends do.

The GF/BF "relationship" is low on the totem pole. Were they "going steady" or "steadily"... or what!

Get a life people. Let kids be kids.

Lookingforward
Ah... what is this post in the OW/OM forum for? Girlfriends, boyfriends... high school stuff. Fall in love Monday, find someone new Friday night. That's what girlfriends and boyfriends do.

The GF/BF "relationship" is low on the totem pole. Were they "going steady" or "steadily"... or what!

Get a life people. Let kids be kids.

LOL LSd - but the "adults" here seem to think a bf/gf is "taken", off limits :)

neverendingsaga
TS, that's my point actually - HOW "committed' is a gf/bf relationship ? He has no ring on his finger and she has none on hers apparently.... to my mind that means he is STILL on the market

wow thats a sad concept to me. i better make sure my next committed boyfriend knows he cant troll the market just b/c theres no ring on his finger. thanks for pointing out that some ppl actually feel this way, yikes.

to me a RELATIONSHIP equals a commitment. usually ppl talk about these things before they start referring to someone as there G/F

Lookingforward
wow thats a sad concept to me. i better make sure my next committed boyfriend knows he cant troll the market just b/c theres no ring on his finger. thanks for pointing out that some ppl actually feel this way, yikes.

to me a RELATIONSHIP equals a commitment. usually ppl talk about these things before they start referring to someone as there G/F

Well, as many have said on here about a MM he's not "free" until the ink is dry on the D papers - by the same logic he's not 'taken' until a public committment has been made......I'm not talking about someone who is IN an exclusive committed R, or living with someone or engaged - but if all you are is a "g/f" I ask again just how "committed" is the R ?

and fwiw I never went along either with the concept that if a guy liked me and vice versa I should hold off if my gf "liked" him LOL

LakesideDream
LOL LSd - but the "adults" here seem to think a bf/gf is "taken", off limits :)

Woe is me.. woe is me.. I had a GF named Denise at 12, we were going steady.. I snuggled with Wendy at a dance... I was a cheater before puberty.

Woe, woe.. so young, so many girls, so little committment... it led me down the road to pre-pubescent promisquity. Illiteration aside, I had no idea I was such a cad.

What chance do any of us have of becoming faithfull adults?

Lookingforward
Woe is me.. woe is me.. I had a GF named Denise at 12, we were going steady.. I snuggled with Wendy at a dance... I was a cheater before puberty.

Woe, woe.. so young, so many girls, so little committment... it led me down the road to pre-pubescent promisquity. Illiteration aside, I had no idea I was such a cad.

What chance do any of us have of becoming faithfull adults?

LOL, yep and I have fond memories of my teenage years, mum ushering one beau out the back door while I let another in at the front door (I always was lousy at keeping my schedules straight - I still "overbook" at times)

Chrome Barracuda

Are you freaking kidding me wonkette.

You see how easily this man is willing to cheat on his girlfriend.

You think he wont do it to you???

This guy is scum.

Period aint no amount of justifying or fog is gonna change that!

LakesideDream

CB, why are you taking this so seriously? The op is a teenager, ditto the other person.

It's a GF/BF relationship. It's not a committed adult relationship. They are dating kids. My kids are probably 8-10 years older than they are.

Why are you taking this so seriously CB? I can't imagine an adult, a Turintino fan, and a man trying to be the Sheppard being so intolerant of a bunch of kids, and their drama.

GreenEyedLady
CB, why are you taking this so seriously? The op is a teenager, ditto the other person.

It's a GF/BF relationship. It's not a committed adult relationship. They are dating kids. My kids are probably 8-10 years older than they are.

Why are you taking this so seriously CB? I can't imagine an adult, a Turintino fan, and a man trying to be the Sheppard being so intolerant of a bunch of kids, and their drama.

No kidding LSD...

I thought Dawson's Creek went off the air...

LakesideDream
LOL, yep and I have fond memories of my teenage years, mum ushering one beau out the back door while I let another in at the front door (I always was lousy at keeping my schedules straight - I still "overbook" at times)

Ah.. brings back some memories. One hot summer morning a pair of girl "best friends" one blonde, one a black haired beauty, both about 16 both "close" friends (and knew it) showed up at my house. My Mother was in the front yard playing with the flower bed.. they came to the front door together I invited them in. They had come over to invite me to go to the beach with them.

We were just sitting there talking, My Mom came in the door and blew a gasket.... I was in my Boxer shorts.

Those were the days... and gasp... I was committment phobic, a cad, and a bounder.. something I regretted just 24 months later.

Storyrider
Ah.. brings back some memories. One hot summer morning a pair of girl "best friends" one blonde, one a black haired beauty, both about 16 both "close" friends (and knew it) showed up at my house. My Mother was in the front yard playing with the flower bed.. they came to the front door together I invited them in. They had come over to invite me to go to the beach with them.

We were just sitting there talking, My Mom came in the door and blew a gasket.... I was in my Boxer shorts.

Those were the days... and gasp... I was committment phobic, a cad, and a bounder.. something I regretted just 24 months later.

Ha. Sounds like Veronica and Betty.

Lookingforward
Ha. Sounds like Veronica and Betty.

but is Lsd reggie or archie ?

Chrome Barracuda

Didnt know they was freaking kids LD. that's still no excuse for acting like you dont have a half a brain!!!!

So it's okay to mess up when your young huh? lol.

It's her life, it's her choice I thought they was older and knew better, my bad! lol.

And the sheppard thing IDK why you brought that up. lol. trying to make the analogy of me being the sheppard and whatnot huh lsd?

I just like that quote.

LakesideDream
Didnt know they was freaking kids LD. that's still no excuse for acting like you dont have a half a brain!!!!

So it's okay to mess up when your young huh? lol.

It's her life, it's her choice I thought they was older and knew better, my bad! lol.

And the sheppard thing IDK why you brought that up. lol. trying to make the analogy of me being the sheppard and whatnot huh lsd?

I just like that quote.

CB... Personal attacks now (half a brain?) from the guy who aspires to be the Sheppard? Stay in character!

Yes, it's acceptable to mess up when you are young! That's what we do when we are kids. Do good, get atta boys, mess up and learn from our mistakes. Nobody is pregnant, or staring at a life of welfare checks. No blood spilled, no bones broken... and from the sound of it, no broken hearts, just teenage dissappointment.

Trying to put relationship guilt on teenagers will do nothing to further their experiance base, or emotional growth. Can't you remember what it was like? Or maybe, just maybe you were to busy being the tyranny that you missed out on the pep rallies, sock hops, and your Senior Prom, maybe?

Chrome Barracuda
CB... Personal attacks now (half a brain?) from the guy who aspires to be the Sheppard? Stay in character!

Yes, it's acceptable to mess up when you are young! That's what we do when we are kids. Do good, get atta boys, mess up and learn from our mistakes. Nobody is pregnant, or staring at a life of welfare checks. No blood spilled, no bones broken... and from the sound of it, no broken hearts, just teenage dissappointment.

Trying to put relationship guilt on teenagers will do nothing to further their experiance base, or emotional growth. Can't you remember what it was like? Or maybe, just maybe you were to busy being the tyranny that you missed out on the pep rallies, sock hops, and your Senior Prom, maybe?

Ahhh good ole LSD.

When I was young we didnt have much choice to do bad, we all knew that if you F'ed up you'd be gone! We had to do right. or maybe it was just me.

Let me tell you something I got caught stealing when I was like 11, arabian guy caught me, threatened me with a butcher knife behind the counter saying: in my country we chop hands off theives.

I never stole again... lol.

Maybe I went to hard, ok so what, I aint telling them nothing they're parents or people they know will or wont be telling them in the future. If I wont tell them, someone else will simple as that.

Like I said they make the choice to do what they want, even if I say something. or nothing.

And I never had a sock hop, senior prom, or pep rally.

The tyranny. lmao. that's a good one.

And dont try to psychoanalyze me by saying you had a messed up childhood and placing your anger out on others. blah, blah, blah.

Been there, done that.

LakesideDream

Oh... and CB.

Look closely at the "quote" you like. The context is everything. It's a man, a criminal, a thug...and professional murder, holding a gun on a cheap street criminal, pretending to quote scripture... to intimidate the other man.

Powerful stuff... in a movie, filled with violence, known for it's gore.

You with both your avatar, and your quote have put yourself into that character. You seemed suprised that a man with "half a brain" wouldn't take the oppertunity to point out your hypocritical screen identity?

Please! I've been there and done that. Raised in East Los Angeles, (ate at Norm's too!), Went to war.... then raised two kids. I know all about the tyranny of man.