Can you tell the difference between a "genuinely good guy" and a "player"?

FormerNiceGuy

Trialbyfire
I'm saying that the player doesn't appear to be like the typical jerk or the typical nice guy.

for example...the constant posts about "bad boys" and "nice guys"...the player isn't exactly a "nice guy" or a "bad boy"....he seems to be the guy in between..the genuinely "good guy"...but it's a front.

It's reliant on his schtick. Some players pretend to be 'decent guys', others are incredibly slick, some appeal to you through pretending vulnerability. You can't generalize a player's approach. You can generalize the end result of the approach though.

BareGoddess
I'm saying that the player doesn't appear to be like the typical jerk or the typical nice guy.

for example...the constant posts about "bad boys" and "nice guys"...the player isn't exactly a "nice guy" or a "bad boy"....he seems to be the guy in between..the genuinely "good guy"...but it's a front.

Wrong. The "Player" is the typical jerk. Are you kidding me? He's not in between at all. He's the bad boy.

Wow, another reason men shouldn't listen or take advice from other men...how ridiculous! :laugh:

Wrong. The "Player" is the typical jerk. Are you kidding me? He's not in between at all. He's the bad boy.

Wow, another reason men shouldn't listen or take advice from other men...how ridiculous! :laugh:

But that's what I said. Players are just bad boys and girls like bad boys. I'm not giving bad advice to guys or girls for that matter.

But that's what I said. Players are just bad boys and girls like bad boys. I'm not giving bad advice to guys or girls for that matter.

What is the deal with guys thinking all girls like bad boys?

I find it funny that no one says "Girls like bad men," or "Women like bad men."

Maybe there's something to that. If you're just a "girl," chances are you haven't been burned enough to recognize, or stay away from, the "bad boys."

And those jerky male types are just that ... boys ... with much to learn.

I only dated one player, back in high school. Cheated on me constantly, came crawling back, I love you, I don't love you. I need space. I want you. Blah Blah Blah. :sick:

That was the first and last.

Nice guys for me ever since! :love:

The real reason why players are successful with women and therefore continue to be players is because many women like players and don't like genuine guys. Otherwise a player couldn't exist. There's nothing worng with giving the people what they want. If there's something worng with it then that emans there's something wrong with the people.

Maybe the players are successful with women who subconsciously know there won't be any real commitment and aren't really seeking it. Or maybe the women who repeat the "playa" pattern just aren't that bright. I dunno.

I can't imagine a woman not wanting a "genuine guy" unless there are other underlying issues.

But nice guys aren't perfect.

I'm in a casual, LDR with a nice guy. I've known him since we were kids, and I know he's "nice" and "good," but here we are in a non-committed, casual LDR while he tries to straighten out his career.

Does that make him a player or not a nice guy since he's holding me at arm's length to take care of his personal business? :o

• Author
FormerNiceGuy

There IS a difference between the "jerk" and the "player"..and the "genuinely good guy".

I understand what you're saying when you say players are jerks...but you misunderstood what I was saying.

When I'm saying a "jerk"...I'm talking about a jerk that even guys hate!

The player is NOT the typical jerk, because jerks are hated by other guys too..whereas players aren't.....

even guys hate jerks and *******s because they're *******s to everyone! But a player is different from the jerk and the genuinely good guy.

When I see a "jerk" he treats women badly and all that..and he attracts head-cases. He talks down to them and makes them feel bad. In fact, most jerks that I know...most guys don't even like too....

but the "player" is different. He's affectionate. He doesn't TALK DOWN to women like the jerk. He isn't abusive to women like the jerk. He isn't an ******* to everyone like the jerk. And guys think he's cool.......

.....but..

the player plays with women like they are toys.

He plays with his toy. Then he throws it away and gets another one.

This is different from the "genuinely good guy".

Unlike the "player", the "genuinely good guy" respects his woman and doesn't act like a fake..he's the real deal.

Trialbyfire
What is the deal with guys thinking all girls like bad boys?
Hey, my fondest desire is to have my heart ripped out... ;)
  • Author
FormerNiceGuy

Both women and men offer good advice. It's ignorant to think otherwise.

BareGoddess
Both women and men offer good advice. It's ignorant to think otherwise.

You're right. I stand corrected.

There IS a difference between the "jerk" and the "player"..and the "genuinely good guy".

When I'm saying a "jerk"...I'm talking about a jerk that even guys hate!

The player is NOT the typical jerk, because jerks are hated by other guys too..whereas players aren't.....

but the "player" is different. He's affectionate. He doesn't TALK DOWN to women like the jerk. He isn't abusive to women like the jerk. He isn't an ******* to everyone like the jerk. And guys think he's cool.......

.....but..

the player plays with women like they are toys.

He plays with his toy. Then he throws it away and gets another one.

This is different from the "genuinely good guy".

Unlike the "player", the "genuinely good guy" respects his woman and doesn't act like a fake..he's the real deal.

Nice distinction between a jerk and a player, though I still say that players are jerks.

So jerks=JERKS.

Players=jerks.

Genuinely Good Guys=:love:

Nice distinction between a jerk and a player, though I still say that players are jerks.

So jerks=JERKS.

Players=jerks.

Genuinely Good Guys=:love:

It doesn't matter the distinction between jek and player. All that matters is they both attract a lot of women and the genuine nice guy can ahrdly even attract one. There's got to e an underlying reason. And the only reason is the thread "A theory and observation msot guys have."

It doesn't matter the distinction between jek and player. All that matters is they both attract a lot of women and the genuine nice guy can ahrdly even attract one. There's got to e an underlying reason. And the only reason is the thread "A theory and observation msot guys have."

I don't believe that genuinely nice guys can't attract women.

I am attracted to nice guys, whether it does or doesn't work out comes down to compatibility, not that they aren't "bad" enough for me.

Bad boys have nothing to offer and bore me to tears. :sick:

So you change who you truly are to get women?

It depends. If what you're doing is working you probably don't. If not then you do. The goal is to get more women than any other guys does :laugh:. And if you want to, pick the best one out of the bunch.

It depends. If what you're doing is working you probably don't. If not then you do. The goal is to get more women than any other guys does :laugh:. And if you want to, pick the best one out of the bunch.

So at what point in your life do you stop being something you are not and start being who you are?

BareGoddess

You're in a dream world. Real Women are attracted to the real and genuine nice guy. NOt the jerk or the player.

So at what point in your life do you stop being something you are not and start being who you are?

I don't know whenever you decide to stop attracting women, or one you want too falls in love with you and you can do know wrong. But who says I'm not being myself?

You're in a dream world. Real Women are attracted to the real and genuine nice guy. NOt the jerk or the player.

he has no confidence in himself and deep down doesn't approve of himself. He doesn't love himself or is proud of who he is, so he sells out to any woman he wants. He thinks he has power over these women, when, in fact, they have power of him because he changes himself to accommodate them!

Sad really.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

This makes you a jerk. :eek:

Nothing genuine about this behavior!

Then why do I know so many good guys that always get rejected and put intto the friends zone, and all of us guys who don't are jerks?

I don't know whenever you decide to stop attracting women, or one you want too falls in love with you and you can do know wrong. But who says I'm not being myself?

So then you are not a "genuinely nice guy"?

This makes you a jerk. :eek:

Nothing genuine about this behavior!

I never said I wasn't a jerk. I'm just saying it works for me.

Then why do I know so many good guys that always get rejected and put intto the friends zone, and all of us guys who don't are jerks?

What type of women are these guys who get put in the friend zone dating??

So then you are not a "genuinely nice guy"?

what's with all these riddles? Of course I think I'm a genuine nice guy, but not towards women because that doesn't work.

What type of women are these guys who get put in the friend zone dating??

They run the gamut. Could be any type of girl. A lot of times the girl never even actually goes out on a date with the guys.