Countdown - How long till you see your SO?

HappyxFaith

I met him at the University in the US, and we dated for a year before he had to move back to Korea! But I am praying and hoping I will see him in 5 more months! so about 150 days? Hahaha its so much more longer to think of it like that...

I will be flying to South Korea as an English teacher if I get placed in August! I can't wait! The people I talked to, seemed like they felt like I had a pretty good chance of getting it. Fingers crossed! (I applied extra early haha) :D

I really hope to see him soon! And maybe then we can be at least in the same country/time zone! (I don't know yet which city I'll be placed in, but I should be able to see him at least once every other weekend!) Yay for opportunities!

I hope this will be the last time we have to be away from each other!

(That said, I sure hope he's the one as I'm moving halfway around the world!) :)

Edited by HappyxFaith
  • Like 1

Tomorrow night, with my kids, for a whole week!!!!! Yay! :)

• Like 2
Wonderful! Enjoy :)

Thanks HOH! Will do. Look forward to your next visit/time with your bf and make it the best visit possible.

• Like 1
HeavenOrHell

Thank you, seeing him next week for two weeks, looking forward to it, but anxious too as I'm not sure where we heading.

Thanks HOH! Will do. Look forward to your next visit/time with your bf and make it the best visit possible.
SaltwaterHeart

Do you guys ever wonder what became of the people who started this thread? Like, their names always pop up but they seem long gone from the forum.. sometimes I wonder if they made it through or if their ldr's crashed and burned. Maybe they don't even remember this thread and would be surprised that it's still going strong!

• Like 3
Do you guys ever wonder what became of the people who started this thread? Like, their names always pop up but they seem long gone from the forum.. sometimes I wonder if they made it through or if their ldr's crashed and burned. Maybe they don't even remember this thread and would be surprised that it's still going strong!

Yes, I do wonder and I have even tried to read a few old posts from them trying to find out if there was a happy ending; I'm sad like that :p

I think we all need to have faith and stories like the one of Elswyth help us keep that faith. 'Cause this thing isn't easy!! ;)

• Like 1
Yes, I do wonder and I have even tried to read a few old posts from them trying to find out if there was a happy ending; I'm sad like that :p

I think we all need to have faith and stories like the one of Elswyth help us keep that faith. 'Cause this thing isn't easy!! ;)

There are some of us that are not that active in the forum but I would assure you that we are always reading!

Indeed, it is not easy. But not impossible. I am also delighted to read whenever someone makes it through the distance and finally closes the gap! This community has been of incredible support for me, as it is not always easy to talk about this with people that has never gone through one relationship like this. So thanks everyone, even if I didn't ask much directly. :)

Looking forward to read more success stories as well!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I see him in 2 days for a week. Crazy how quickly months fly by! I last saw him Dec. He was able to snag one job interview here, wish he could have gotten more but he wasn't able to. But at least he has one and it's a good job prospect, so I'm praying he gets it and he'd be able to move to me asap! If not, I'm still considering moving to him.

Anyway, we have lots planned for the short week together and big decisions to make. I'm excited for this upcoming trip!

Hope everyone is well :)

• Like 1
Hey all, I've been away for the last year and a half or so, been a loong time. :) Just wanted to stop by and have a look around.

Update: as of late June of last year, we've tied the knot and have started our new lives together. We moved to a whole new country, new jobs, and for me--a brand new career. Happy to report that there will never be a need for counting down the days of separation.

Happy belated Valentine's Day, everyone. :love::love::love:

Awww! :) Love this update!! Congrats! So many brave changes.

Makes me feel good about closing the distance soon. Wish you two the best!

Edited by ThisGal
HeavenOrHell

I'm with him for 2 weeks at the moment, it's going ridiculously fast though, can't believe only 3 days left, don't want to leave him behind :(

I'm with him for 2 weeks at the moment, it's going ridiculously fast though, can't believe only 3 days left, don't want to leave him behind :(

Please let us know how it went when you are back. I'm sure I'm not the only one rooting for the two of you.

Still no definite date here but lots of talk about plans during his visit somewhere in the coming months. :love:

• Like 1
HeavenOrHell

I will do, thank you :)

I've not started any talks, problem is when we're together everything is just so lovely and I don't want to ruin it. All I know is it would be wrong to give up yet. I also feel neither of us know what we want to do in the future still, so I'm not sure talking about it again now would be beneficial.

I do want to say to him please try not to become distant when I go back as it is hard for me, which he does know but he slips back into his own little world again.

Couldn't get him to open up about why he's been depressed, other than it's 'life in general'.

All I know is; I love him :o

Things sound promising for you two! :)

Funny how I'm in the same country as you at the moment :) *waves*

Please let us know how it went when you are back. I'm sure I'm not the only one rooting for the two of you.

Still no definite date here but lots of talk about plans during his visit somewhere in the coming months. :love:

• Like 1

Nearly 18 months of our LDR 9 weeks left until our next visit, we get to be together for 2 weeks :) then in September we will be together until January. Neither of us can wait :love: :love:

• Like 2
SaltwaterHeart

Just booked a flight, a little over 5 weeks!! :bunny: Love finally being on the same continent. He's going to meet all of my extended family after two years.. exciting!

• Like 2

The countdown is exciting!! I have been waiting almost 1 year now!!! Now, it's 16 days 'til I see my Baby!!!

We will be with each other for 3 whole months!!!!! yay!!!!

Edited by Nattylee
  • Like 1
I will do, thank you :)

I've not started any talks, problem is when we're together everything is just so lovely and I don't want to ruin it. All I know is it would be wrong to give up yet. I also feel neither of us know what we want to do in the future still, so I'm not sure talking about it again now would be beneficial.

I do want to say to him please try not to become distant when I go back as it is hard for me, which he does know but he slips back into his own little world again.

Couldn't get him to open up about why he's been depressed, other than it's 'life in general'.

All I know is; I love him :o

Things sound promising for you two! :)

Funny how I'm in the same country as you at the moment :) *waves*

HOH, hope you are ok. And that travelling back to the UK during the nuclear summit wasn't too much of a nightmare. :)

• Like 1

A week flew by quickly. His flight back home is tomorrow afternoon. Going to miss him again. But we had an amazing week.

We went to see a Broadway show in NYC then he proposed to me in Time Square! It was so perfect. I can't believe I'm now his fiancée! Eeek! :) 1 year and 7 months together. I love my ring!

I mentioned in my last post that he had one job interview in my state, it went very well, he was also able to get one more job interview which was totally random but perfect how it all worked out. Both jobs are very interested in him so we'll see how that plays out but he's ready to move and is looking for an apartment in my state now.

Hope everyone is doing well with their significant others!

• Like 2