Prince charming=cowardly jerk????? WTF??

OK, then what is the answer to that age-old question: How CAN you mend a broken heart?

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this and I'm hoping this is your sh*ttiest day and the rest just keep getting exponentially better from here on. It sure sounds to me like this guy isn't respecting you the way anyone deserves to be respected. Hell, he doesn't even achieve the level of common courtesy.

hearts get dented, bruised, and battered and they hurt, but they're resiliant like we are. the answer is time...if nothing else it numbs the pain.

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this and I'm hoping this is your sh*ttiest day and the rest just keep getting exponentially better from here on. It sure sounds to me like this guy isn't respecting you the way anyone deserves to be respected. Hell, he doesn't even achieve the level of common courtesy.

I have had far crappier days than this, but that was then and this is now. I don't want to have anymore crappy days over this piece of human garbage. I have spend the better part of the past 3 months trying to make this happen, and I have wasted SO much energy, I'm just done. Really done. And I was going to send the email last night, remember, but the words didn't work for me yet...then he has the AUDACITY to so cowardly remove me from his myspace page without even a phone call or at the very least an email? F*ck it. F*ck him. God I want to tell him that, but that would breing me down to his lower than low level.

total and utter silence will speak far louder.

let the anger out. it really, really helps.

A friend of mine just asked if I really wanted to unsend the email, but even doing that would show I am effected, and I don't want that at all.

Walking away

Leave the email as it is.

To unsend it would show that you are emotionally invested.

Ignore it.

And ignore him.

He is pondscum.

He is amoeba on pondscum!

no. he's pond silt. pond scum and amoeba sit on the top, and he's lower than that. :laugh:

A friend of mine just asked if I really wanted to unsend the email, but even doing that would show I am effected, and I don't want that at all.

is pond silt smart enough to even know that can be done?

no. he's pond silt. pond scum and amoeba sit on the top, and he's lower than that. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Walking away

He is the fungus that feeds on the amoeba that floats in the pond scum...

is pond silt smart enough to even know that can be done?

He has seen me unsend many emails so he is hip to my crap. I had sent him an email on Saturday, and saw he deleted it, so unsent it cuz I figured why not, he had not intention of reading it. Then I got the email where he accused me of being pushy, and one of the things he mentioned was unsending the email. Him of all people having the balls to accuse me of being pushy when he educated me oh so very well about his vanishing act. God I feel really ok, pissed for sure because I wanted to have sent the email before he would have deleted me from stupid myspace. How dare he>?

He is the fungus that feeds on the amoeba that floats in the pond scum...

funny stuff, guys...thank you sooooooooo much for hangin' with me tonight!!!

Walking away

Awww....

I'm having a bad day too.

:(

It's nice to have the company...

He has seen me unsend many emails so he is hip to my crap. I had sent him an email on Saturday, and saw he deleted it, so unsent it cuz I figured why not, he had not intention of reading it. Then I got the email where he accused me of being pushy, and one of the things he mentioned was unsending the email. Him of all people having the balls to accuse me of being pushy when he educated me oh so very well about his vanishing act. God I feel really ok, pissed for sure because I wanted to have sent the email before he would have deleted me from stupid myspace. How dare he>?

ahhhh ok. then just leave it. i think we all need to break our giveash*ts!

i doubt it matters when you sent it. men don't notice stuff like that too often. and it's too late to waste energy on that particular nit now.

funny stuff, guys...thank you sooooooooo much for hangin' with me tonight!!!

ditto!

i'm in numb mode. lol

Awww....

I'm having a bad day too.

It's nice to have the company...

sorry, sweetie! here's a huge hug. what the hell makes some days worse than others anyway?

here's hugs to you guys...I am going to bed in a few minutes, and yes, I took xanax because I know this way i will sleep for sure!

I will log on in the morning and see what you night owls have been up to.

Good night.

I've had quite a day...got a grant to make my film! Not all of it, but enough to get started. It's so ridiculous that I am writing two books and making a film trying to get over this breakup. It's the classic OH YOU DON'T LIKE ME WELL I'LL JUST BE OVER HERE BEING BLATANTLY AWESOME coping strategy. A+++ excellent defense mechanism would use again.

Every day I think it will get easier and it gets harder. The person I love the most in the world is not speaking to me, and the only reason I was given was that I don't have the exact same career as his. That is so many layers upon layers of effed up, I can't even begin to dissect it. And yet, I let it make me feel terrible about myself.

Why is there still this part of me that believes in us and is waiting for him to come around? What will it take for me to move on? Will I ever be truly happy, or be attracted to anyone again? Right now it doesn't feel that way. But it's been 8 months now, and he has completely ignored me that entire time. There's not a much stronger signal that he wants me out of his life. I feel really pathetic, and I'm sure that after all this time he's moved on and is seeing someone else. Whether he is or isn't, he's done with me.

I have to find some way to forgive myself and believe that someday someone will be attracted to me again, and I to them. But my god, this one literally dumped me over breakfast one morning and ran out the door never to be seen again. Who breaks up with someone like that? What must I have done to make him treat me that way?

He is done with me! There is no room or desire for me in his life! Why can't I get it through my head?

And why am I beating myself up and missing him instead of being excited about this grant?

Edited by sedgwick
Walking away

Sedg...

I, too, an excelling professionally. I mean, I am a successful entrepreneur and a single mom with 5 wonderful kids. I know that doesn't happen very often....And for the most part, I derive my self esteem from that. And that is good for me.

But, today I am weakened. I am really well liked and respected by people. I always have been.

I just am having a tough time understanding why this crotchety, crabby, stubborn mule of a man can let me go so effortlessly.

One of my male staff members whom I have confided in about this situation looked at me point blank and said this: Why in the world would this man let you go? You are absolutely EVERYTHING a man could ever want!

Made me feel good to hear that. But, I am still having a rough day.

(Sigh).

My romantic life is in the toilet while my professional life is sky high.

And Shrek would be so proud of me. But, alas, he is nowhere to be found to share in my victories...

WA

:( I love him and I want him back :(

Me too.

And it is hard. I know. I, myself, am kinda in a fog cause my man very graciously let me walk away from him without so much as a whimper.

I do wish the heart would catch up with the head. That would make things so much easier, IMHO.

Yup, my guy felt it was better to drop me entirely rather than be with me. My brain is telling me how poorly he treated me, but my heart is telling me that we loved each other. There's no connection between the two.

You know, I don't think any of us are talking about stupid young guys here. All these men are mature. Mine is 42, for goodness sake. And he broke up with me by email?!

Mine's 39. When he met, he was absolutely certain that he wanted a relationship. We talked a lot about things like that before we got closer. But the last time we saw each other, he just that he's no longer where he was last year. Oh. Ok. Good to know. Couldn't he have figured that out before he met me? Or did he have to meet me and reel me in for him to decide that he'd prefer to be alone??

Btw, the guy I was dating before this one broke up with me by sending me a text message. He wrote soemthing like "It's over. There are lots of things which aren't right." Never heard from him again. We had been together for 4 months. He was 41 years old.

But you know what? They are gonna end up all crusty and alone. They will NEVER be different with any new woman. Heck, they don't even have the realization that they have done anything wrong!

So, rest in knowing that the cycle will continue over and over and over.

Be glad that you are out of it even though it hurts right now.

Yes, I believe this about my guy. When I think of all the ways he tried to avoid taking responsibility for his actions...of how he always talked with the pronoun "I" and never "we"...

But the thought of him together with someone else kills me, even though I believe that he'll end up messing things up with the next woman too.

Why is there still this part of me that believes in us and is waiting for him to come around? What will it take for me to move on? Will I ever be truly happy, or be attracted to anyone again?

I can't believe that it's over. I really can't. My heart doesn't believe it. My mind is trying to believe it. I just don't understand how this happened.

Sedg...

I just am having a tough time understanding why this crotchety, crabby, stubborn mule of a man can let me go so effortlessly.

Effortlessly. I don't get it either. Didn't I mean anything to him? It felt like I did at the time.

Far Behind: It doesn't matter that you sent the email after he deleted you from myspace. It doesn't matter whether or not he reads it. What matter is that you are DONE with him. Never contact him again. He is garbage.

I have his ATM card, which he clearly doesn't need. Should I just throw it away? I thought about cutting it in half and mailing it to him, but again that shows I care, so I guess I just answered my own question. Today my thoughts are what in the world can he possibly be thinking I did? I KNOW I didn't do anything, I accept no blame whatsoever for this, and I fully understand I am WELL rid of him. I just can't understand the deliberate cruelness of his actions, especially after all the loving words. It's not like we had some huge fight or something. What a sick f*ck.

I have his ATM card, which he clearly doesn't need. Should I just throw it away? I thought about cutting it in half and mailing it to him, but again that shows I care, so I guess I just answered my own question.

I suggest that you cut in in half and throw it away.

Don't contact him anymore for any reason. He's not worth it. What he did is unexcusable.

You could burn it. And then dance on the ashes.

too smelly...plastic!

I could print all the lovely emails and burn them and dance on the ashes however....hmmmm.

Or i could just put this crap behind me and move on. Put his name on a piece of paper and place it in the freezer is a good one, too.