Dr. Laura: Women Share Blame for Cheating Men...

bentnotbroken
Actually, that's not true as a matter of fact. Forbes lists her yearly earnings at 17 million dollars in 2007, making the things she says worth thousands of dollars a word.

The fact that you disagree does not deminish the value of what she does. The market seeks it's own level, and pays it's rewards. She isn't as successful as she is because her advise is worthless.

So are Stan Lee's earnings, and all he writes is fiction for fun and profit. It is worthwhile entertainment for some and for others it's just that fiction. The value of what she says(for me) isn't based in the word of God, so IMHO, it isn't worth the breath she used to say it. She is a person who exploits, she does it well, but it doesn't change what she is and the value of what she offers.

I hate Dr. Laura.... hate her with a passion.

She's a self righteous bible thumping wind bag, and I give little if any credence to anything she has to say.

She could have some valid opinions... but she'll never gain my respect because of her attitude and demeanour.

Listening to her talk is like nails on a chalkboard....

bentnotbroken

She's a self righteous bible thumping wind bag, and I give little if any credence to anything she has to say.

She could have some valid opinions... but she'll never gain my respect because of her attitude and demeanour.

It's one thing to thump the bible and another to live it, and she in no way lives it. She is a )(&*(^*^ and then some.

Ever see her naked pictures in Hustler Magazine..........She was once a naughty girl...lol..........and lets just say......she never heard of a brazilian? lol

Cosign. What a hag.

shadowofman

Obviously, if there is little loving support in a relationship, it is natural to want to find loving support from somewhere else. Likewise, if there is no sexual fulfillment, it is natural to want that from somewhere else too.

"Cheating" is a whole different story though. It is never the betrayed's fault in the case of a "cheating" spouse. The "cheater" should have talked about their issues within the relationship. Either ended it, or told their unsupportive/unproviding spouse that they are about to get what they need elsewhere.

Most of the time, everyone does share some blame. Unless the demands of your spouse are more than what is reasonable to you.

husbandfromhell
She's an idiot, with a degree, which I guess makes her an educated idiot.:confused:

Yes she does have a PHD but it's in PHYSIOLOGY, not psychology or psychiatry.. there's tons of trash on this quack. Search on the internet and you'll find out that she pretty much hates herself. SHe's brutally against people who've done the same things she's done in the past:

1. Abortion CHECK

2. "Shacking up" CHECK

3. Sleeping with a married man CHECK

4. A working mom CHECK

She's a complete quack with so many issues of her own.

Her own mother was rotting away in an apartment for like a month because she kept no contact with her by choice.. granted there might be good reason, but this IS your mother.. a phone call here and there does not hurt! She is completely stubborn and doesn't let a grudge go.

Also there are tons of naked pics of her on the internet from her young whoring days!

She was "founded" by calling up a radio show and giving her opinion with avengeance. She doesn't have a practicing license either anymore for counselling or whatever it was for.

Edited by husbandfromhell
LakesideDream
Ever see her naked pictures in Hustler Magazine..........She was once a naughty girl...lol..........and lets just say......she never heard of a brazilian? lol

That's pretty unfair. She did those things in the early 70's, when she was working two days a week on a comedy/personals call in show. The pictures were taken by her BOSS, a guy named Bill Ballance, the number one, original shock jock. He was also the first D.J. to play "black" music in Los Angeles in the 1950's, Pre-Motown.. Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson, Maurice Evans, good stuff. He got infinite crap for it too, the station was KFWB, and I grew up listening to it. He was 25+ years older than her, and the pictures surfaced after he passed away. Remember there were no "sexual harrassment" laws back then. I'm sure her paycheck had something to do with the fact that her boss took the pictures. "Billo" was a piece of work, but he did have his good points (like breaking the musical color barrier), Dr. Laura is a piece of work too.. who also has some good points.

I wouldn't want to be held accountable for silly stuff I did almost 40 years ago. It's a matter of taste. I listen to her show when I'm driving on trips, there is no local station where I live.

I cannot understand people hating media "opinion" personalities, whether it's O'Riley, Limbaugh, or Dr. Laura.. they put all those buttons on radio's and TV's for a reason.

bentnotbroken
That's pretty unfair. She did those things in the early 70's, when she was working two days a week on a comedy/personals call in show. The pictures were taken by her BOSS, a guy named Bill Ballance, the number one, original shock jock. He was also the first D.J. to play "black" music in Los Angeles in the 1950's, Pre-Motown.. Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson, Maurice Evans, good stuff. He got infinite crap for it too, the station was KFWB, and I grew up listening to it. He was 25+ years older than her, and the pictures surfaced after he passed away. Remember there were no "sexual harrassment" laws back then. I'm sure her paycheck had something to do with the fact that her boss took the pictures. "Billo" was a piece of work, but he did have his good points (like breaking the musical color barrier), Dr. Laura is a piece of work too.. who also has some good points.

I wouldn't want to be held accountable for silly stuff I did almost 40 years ago. It's a matter of taste. I listen to her show when I'm driving on trips, there is no local station where I live.

I cannot understand people hating media "opinion" personalities, whether it's O'Riley, Limbaugh, or Dr. Laura.. they put all those buttons on radio's and TV's for a reason.

May I ask, what is "black" music?

You kidding right?

D-lish can be in hustler all she wants... LOL! that Chick is HOT!!! (I keep on saying that to her, lol)

Despite the common belief, men don't sleep around to stroke their egos, they sleep around for the "strange", as has been described. If egos get stroked in the process, great, but that is not the goal. Cheating men are promiscuously oriented. One sexual partner does not equal fulfillment. It is not at all the fault of the wife. The fault comes with the man entering into a monogamous relationship that he couldn't or had no intention of upholding.

In very few cases, a man might cheat for emotional reasons. Very few.

Likewise, in a perfect world, a wife should accept her husband for who he is. It's hard to be possessive and best friends. Can you really openly discuss sex without hurting each others feelings? I mean like best friends. If women heard half of what men say to each other about sex and women, they would never speak to us again.

These guys don't want more attention from their wives. They want to not feel possessed. They want to have sex with other women but they are not allowed.

Totally agreed. I don't even think this is an issue at all.

Personally I believe Shadowofaman has managed to give the answers to many of the OW's and BS's questions in a few succinct paragraphs.

We accept that people have a basic need for food, water, warmth and shelter. And yet we expect modern 'man' - and I'm being gender specific here - will go against all instincts for survival of the species developed through hundreds of thousands of years, without batting an eyelid These instincts aren't random, they're there for a reason. To a large degree I don't believe our raw sexual behaviour is far removed from our simian ancestors where the male inseminated as many fertile females as possible to ensure they bear his offspring. It certainly hasn't changed in the last few hundred years. As an aside, anyone know what's the first recording instance of some sort of marriage ceremony?

From our point of view, it's pretty disheartening that men are genetically predisposed to furthering their gene pool. However, on the other hand, I believe the ability to empathize through communication has led to monogamy being a natural state of affairs for some couples. In thousands of years time no one will have affairs because everyone will know monogamous relationships are best for the offspring - I can say that now as no one can prove me wrong! However at the moment we're still in a situation where we are challenging instinct. For every 100 men who don't cheat, I suspect 50% or more don't do so because they know they won't get away with it, or are worried about getting away with it.

We can't expect men to feel the same way as women. If they did they'd be highly unattractive to the majority. The best we can hope for is to meet somewhere in the middle. The man isn't right, the woman wrong and vice versa. Accepting the differences and finding a solution that suits both parties is a tough call, but it is possible.

What makes it more confusing is that MM "told me" that he and W were still having sex. So that cancels out the "she wasn't paying attention to me" saying.

Why then does a man feel the need to still cheat EVEN when he is getting sexual fulfillment at home from his W?

Because 99 times out of a hundred, sex may be the excuse used for cheating, but it's not the real reason.

Because 99 times out of a hundred, sex may be the excuse used for cheating, but it's not the real reason.

I am not sure I totally agree. Where did you get that statistic.

I think sex has a large part to do with cheating. But I don't really know. The closest I get with cheating is when I see an attractive woman and get an erotic thought, but thats it. I don't pursue anything.

And I would like to bring up the point again about men and women cheating on their spouses with much younger lovers. That is something neither spouse can satisfy no matter what they do.

It's the immaturity and selfishness of the cheater thats the main reason in those cases.

Marriages are going to lack in many things as time goes on. Its how the spouse chooses to deal with them which can be the source of the problems.

I am not sure I totally agree. Where did you get that statistic.

I think sex has a large part to do with cheating. But I don't really know. The closest I get with cheating is when I see an attractive woman and get an erotic thought, but thats it. I don't pursue anything.

And I would like to bring up the point again about men and women cheating on their spouses with much younger lovers. That is something neither spouse can satisfy no matter what they do.

It's the immaturity and selfishness of the cheater thats the main reason in those cases.

Marriages are going to lack in many things as time goes on. Its how the spouse chooses to deal with them which can be the source of the problems.

Oh shoot, I didn't intend it to be a statistic, I intended it to be sarcastic :).

I have no real idea how many people actually cheat for sex. period. But, I also have to admit that when I think of the word "cheating", I usually am not including the use of a prostitute. (Don't get me wrong - I believe that IS cheating, but it's not what comes into my mind when I think of "cheating".)

For the record, I cannot abide Dr. Laura, but I do not completely disagree with what I understand that she said. I do believe that most people who cheat do so because there are problems in the marriage. The marriage is the responsibility of both people to keep healthy, not just one of them. Ergo, the BS needs to look at themself and how they were contributing to the issues.

I do not, however, believe that ex-Gov. Spitzer's wife contributed to his philandering with a prostitute. Of course, I don't know them, but IN MY MIND (which could be totally screwed up, of course) a person who visits a prostitute has their own issues, and cannot blame their spouse for those actions.

Edited by silktricks
Oh shoot, I didn't intend it to be a statistic, I intended it to be sarcastic :).

I have no real idea how many people actually cheat for sex. period. But, I also have to admit that when I think of the word "cheating", I usually am not including the use of a prostitute. (Don't get me wrong - I believe that IS cheating, but it's not what comes into my mind when I think of "cheating".)

For the record, I cannot abide Dr. Laura, but I do not completely disagree with what I understand that she said. I do believe that most people who cheat do so because there are problems in the marriage. The marriage is the responsibility of both people to keep healthy, not just one of them. Ergo, the BS needs to look at themself and how they were contributing to the issues.

I do not, however, believe that ex-Gov. Spitzer's wife contributed to his philandering with a prostitute. Of course, I don't know them, but IN MY MIND (which could be totally screwed up, of course) a person who visits a prostitute has their own issues, and cannot blame their spouse for those actions.

Oh ok! Shoot! I'm a very literal person sometimes and didn't catch the sarcasm.

I think I mostly agree with everything you have said.

And yes, prostitution is cheating for sure. I would never do that, because I'm too much of a germaphobe. Plus it seems so dirty.

However, I would be real interested to see how good some of these pros are. but ill never find out.

That was a really good post SilkTricks

Trialbyfire

To what degree is the spouse responsible for validation? If someone gets to the point of cheating, they must need a whole lotta' personal validation, to an unreasonable degree. If it's not personal validation but a form of revenge, the betrayed spouse is better off without someone of this bent.

Btw, Dr. Laura is stuck in the dark ages..barefoot and pregnant...

LakesideDream

'Damn, after reading the last few posts I just realized that I can't figure out why men would go to a prostitute in the first place ! Sure I can repeat all the trite reason that are commonly bandied about, they just don't make sense to me.

I currently live (for the next two weeks) and have lived for the past 10 years in a location where prostitution is legal. It wouldn't occur to me to visit one, any more than I would go to one of the dozen "mens clubs" (strip clubs) in town.

Married or not, in a relationship or not, sex, is too tightly connected to love and romance to bother with casual or commercial connections.

Then again, I'm an old guy... and easier ( or harder )to please than some of you youngsters.

• Author
'Damn, after reading the last few posts I just realized that I can't figure out why men would go to a prostitute in the first place ! Sure I can repeat all the trite reason that are commonly bandied about, they just don't make sense to me.

A few reasons...

1. The prostitute is being paid to have sex and keep her mouth shut.

2. No feelings attached (emotionless sex unless you're Richard and Julia)

3. You get what you want, with a price to pay.

The difference between an affair and a one night thing with a hooker is that an affair can turn into emotional feelings while a nite with a hooker is just that--a night (unless you're Richard and Julia, or course).

I believe it's a valid point that was made about men not cheating always for sex. Men always want sex though, that's the problem. Some men cheat just for emotional reasons (whatever they may be). Not all men who are cheating are having physical affairs--many are emotional. Sometimes there is some physicality involved, but no sexual intercourse (which was what mine was based on for the majority of the affair).

Many men marry for the wrong reasons (as do women) and know that they cannot be faithful--but they marry anyway. Selfish? Who knows. the problem is, they don't marry into a monagomous marriage--they stay in that for a while then when the woman of their dreams comes along and makes them hard, it develops into an affair (unless the man can control his hormones).

Trialbyfire

Naivety must be part of my personal charm...

I believe that most men aren't terribly different from women, in that infidelity is rarely about sex, although sex is a byproduct of the requirement for validation.

Naivety must be part of my personal charm...

I believe that most men aren't terribly different from women, in that infidelity is rarely about sex, although sex is a byproduct of the requirement for validation.

I have to respectfully disagree here TBF, but myself not being a cheater, I guess you may be right.

But sometimes I get so horny or turned on by a strange woman, I wish I could have sex with them and I think if I was single and could get it, I would.

The only difference between that and prostitution is paying for it, and if a guy doesnt have a problem doing that, then isnt it about sex?

• Author

I think it's only humanly natural that we have fantasies about other people. I don't think fantasising is cheating--but then again I'm apparently wrong about many things around here.

The difference about fantasizing and participating in the fantasy are huge--one is innocent, while the other is dirty and sinful.

Prostitution in my opinion is sinful beyond a doubt. It's disgusting, morally corupt, and many other horrible things.

I think one has to be pretty darn Lame and desperate to spend thousands of dollars on a washed up sex slave. I also think that these woman can use their qualities (if they have any) in better ways than pleasing human beings for money.

I have never and will never understand the idea of prostitution. It disgusts me. One of my favorite shows on HBO is Cathouse--I watch it in awe because I am just so amazed that these woman do these things for a living. It's a disgrace--but for some reason many people are interested in knowing and hearing about it.

Prostitution is just another service for hire. It will never go away so why not legalize it so sex workers are unionized and protected from abusive pimps. It has existed since the start of time and will last until the end of time so why not stop wasting time and resources trying to stop it?

• Author
Prostitution is just another service for hire. It will never go away so why not legalize it so sex workers are unionized and protected from abusive pimps. It has existed since the start of time and will last until the end of time so why not stop wasting time and resources trying to stop it?

In the beginning of time, STDs were unheard of, unknown, or undeveloped. That's a major life threatening epidemic now and something to be concerned about. I don't know much about prostitution from the beginning of time, but I will never change my views on the act of having sex for money. I already said what I had to about my feelings on the matter.

Also, I am not a fan of strippers. I already told my BFF, sisters and mom that when I get married, do not hire me a stripper for my bach party because I will walk out (:bunny:). I have said this many times over the years. I am just personally not interested.

Also, views on family values are not the same as they were back when.

I respect your view but I feel that a person should be able to make that decision for themselves. I have a real big issue with the government trying to enforce morality.

• Author
I respect your view but I feel that a person should be able to make that decision for themselves. I have a real big issue with the government trying to enforce morality.

As do I, but my issue with the Gov is how they like to control out lives on terms of Women's rights and their own greed. You and I live in the same state--need I say more about greed and the current gov?