If christianity is true than god is a hyprocrit

This is funny.

Adam and Eve got off easy if you ask me. They were told the penalty for what they did was death, but all they got was evicted. LOL.

And the ironic things is that most Christians believe (not based on the Bible...only tradition) that they were granted salvation and are in Heaven...while their actions have doomed much of humanity.

And the ironic things is that most Christians believe (not based on the Bible...only tradition) that they were granted salvation and are in Heaven...while their actions have doomed much of humanity.

That's a great point. I myself have always thought that God still forgave them, I mean, instead of killing them - he killed some animals and made clothes for them. They weren't mentioned much after the Eden incident, other than concerning the birth of their children.

Look at that, they even got to procreate!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
NocturnalRaids

From scriptures of world religions I learned that forgiveness was a big theme in the teachings of Jesus. He disagreed with the pharacy jews most of all.

In the old testament there are two creation stories. Adam and Eve and the garden of Eden was written before the first one that starts out In the beginning. Forgiveness is not mentioned in there I guess.

They got banished because they both ate fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. To be divine on the level of god, one must not identify themself or become attached to either one or the other. So they gone booted because that was a lower level of being. I suppose that is why the tree was banned. I am curious if Elohim knows good and evil itself in that story.

He disagreed with the pharacy jews most of all.
Yeah, but really, He didn't disagree with them in so much about forgiveness. He disagreed more with their self-righteousness.
In the old testament there are two creation stories.
There may be two accounts, but there is only one creation story, one account just compliments the other.
Forgiveness is not mentioned in there I guess.
Sure there is. God could've easily killed Adam and Eve, but chose not to.
I am curious if Elohim knows good and evil itself in that story.
Of course He did. If man had all knowledge, he'd literally destroy himself.

I didnt go though the pain of reading all this but I truly think its pointless to discredit a religion you dislike by posting crap on the internet. I only enjoy it when its done for humerouse reasons

Brendi_thesnake

Why did he threw Adam and Eve?:laugh:

So tell me poster, if you're way pass your teens years (which I'm assuming you are) do you still believe in FAIRY TALES? lol

Why did he threw Adam and Eve?
That made absolutely no sense. :confused:
So tell me poster, if you're way pass your teens years (which I'm assuming you are) do you still believe in FAIRY TALES? lol
I don't know how old the OP is, but I'm 40, and there is no way that the Bible is a "Fairy Tale"......
Brendi_thesnake

How about science and technology, things that can actually be seen not some written things on a book. Anyone can be an author.

How about science and technology, things that can actually be seen not some written things on a book. Anyone can be an author.
What about science and technology? Like I've said before, science is simply a window of God's creation. We're constantly learning new things about our universe. I believe that ultimately, science will prove God's existance.

As far as the Bible being a, "book"....there were eye witnesses to all of the events that take place in the Bible. So it is not a, "book" it documentation of man's history, his present condition and his future.

Brendi_thesnake
As far as the Bible being a, "book"....there were eye witnesses to all of the events that take place in the Bible. So it is not a, "book" it documentation of man's history, his present condition and his future.

How about way before written history?

How about way before written history?
That's really a good question. Since God has always existed, there's no such thing as, "before" written history to Him.

He literally told the author of Genesis what to write concerning the events before our time. Genesis, is basically a historical narrative.

I actualy prayed to go back in time and watch the bible be writen... and god sent me back in time and its all true... all of it. I'm a scientist and science is a farce I don't actualy believe in it, I'm just taking advantage of gulible people unlike science with aplication which has existed before there was even a scientific method all my science is merely theoretical and has no aplications and I purposly make is so complicated that only other sheisters such as myself can understand it. the universe is a hologram, and electrons disapear into alternate universes for short periods of time. String theory, black hole, quasar ect...... You know what I always say, god helps those who help themselves. and then god beet me arse klajfajl

The bible is definitely truth because it is the word of god and the events in it have witnesses!

...How do I know it's the word of god and the witnesses are real?

Well silly, it says so in the bible!

The day a religious person has some real evidence for their belief is the day hell freezes over.

HokeyReligions

I don't know that the Bible is accurate. It was written by falible humans based on stories that were handed down thru generations. I do think that its base is accurate - there is a 'higher power' for lack of a better phrase or word.

As far as forgivness - that is something that is individual to the soul and the freedom of choice is given by God - if we make choices that preclude the ability to seek forgiveness (suicide) or if we do not seek forgiveness (repent) then it's not God who sends us to hell - it's us. Our choice. I believe there are many practicing Christians and people of faith who are not as sincere as they think they are.

Besides, how can we know who is in hell or not? We make guesses and assumptions based on our own understanding of what we have been taught and on our own amazing capability of denial.

I was Agnostic for years. The science just doesn't bear out the possibility of God - but then I looked at some of the science and the mathmatics of probability and pattern and randomness and looked at events in my own life and surroundings and the only answer is that Something is there. Since God is prevalent in so many societies and has been for so many centuries, there must be something to it.

I still don't hold with most organized religions because they were established by us flawed humans. If a human - any human - tells me that this person is going to hell and that person is going to Heaven I don't hold that as truth or fact because no human can say for certain what God will do because each of us has an individual relationship with God that no other human can experience.

We try to find answers because that is something common with our species - no matter where we are or what we believe - we want to find an explanation, to know the how's and why's things work. I don't know why there is so much suffering, why so many animals are tortured and killed, why babies are born with horrible afflictions, why so many live in pain and suffering... There may not be a reason that any human can fathom. All we have is conjecture. We can find some answers in our choices. A crack baby will suffer and maybe die or live a life of pain because of the choices the mother made - but that babies soul is up to God.

I don't know that the Bible is accurate. It was written by falible humans based on stories that were handed down thru generations. I do think that its base is accurate - there is a 'higher power' for lack of a better phrase or word.

As far as forgivness - that is something that is individual to the soul and the freedom of choice is given by God - if we make choices that preclude the ability to seek forgiveness (suicide) or if we do not seek forgiveness (repent) then it's not God who sends us to hell - it's us. Our choice. I believe there are many practicing Christians and people of faith who are not as sincere as they think they are.

Besides, how can we know who is in hell or not? We make guesses and assumptions based on our own understanding of what we have been taught and on our own amazing capability of denial.

I was Agnostic for years. The science just doesn't bear out the possibility of God - but then I looked at some of the science and the mathmatics of probability and pattern and randomness and looked at events in my own life and surroundings and the only answer is that Something is there. Since God is prevalent in so many societies and has been for so many centuries, there must be something to it.

I still don't hold with most organized religions because they were established by us flawed humans. If a human - any human - tells me that this person is going to hell and that person is going to Heaven I don't hold that as truth or fact because no human can say for certain what God will do because each of us has an individual relationship with God that no other human can experience.

We try to find answers because that is something common with our species - no matter where we are or what we believe - we want to find an explanation, to know the how's and why's things work. I don't know why there is so much suffering, why so many animals are tortured and killed, why babies are born with horrible afflictions, why so many live in pain and suffering... There may not be a reason that any human can fathom. All we have is conjecture. We can find some answers in our choices. A crack baby will suffer and maybe die or live a life of pain because of the choices the mother made - but that babies soul is up to God.

I really like how you portray your beliefs. :D

What a nice post! Thanks. It sums up just how hard having faith in anything can truly be. One thing you said really helps me daily - about the crack babies' mothers. Life sucks for us humans because of other humans, not God. We make the choices that harm ourselves and others, or help ourselves and others.

Again, thanks for the great post.

The day a religious person has some real evidence for their belief is the day hell freezes over.
First of all, every religious person has evidence for themselves. It's impossible for you to comprehend what another person holds as evidence. Secondly, hell is an eternal place.....it wouldn't be hell if it were frozen.

Finally, the day religious people have tangible evidence that unbelievers can see, hear, and touch.....hell is going to be ONE busy place, and FAR from freezing over! :p

You almst sound like you can't wait for that to happen.

Cheers,

D.

And why wouldn't I be excited about it? When it happens, everyone that God has chosen will already be in the fold.

Of course, I would love everyone I've ever come into contact with be there, but I know that won't be the case.

The :p sign that I made wasn't in celebration of those who'll be spending eternity there, it was more for proving a point three times over. (at least in my opinion)

I want it to be absolutely clear that I do believe that all men, (and women), will be judged, and rewarded accordingly. I'm in no way shape or form in the position to make light of anything that's to come.

Being excited is one thing, making fun of a situation is another.

Your proven point would be something along the lines of "I told you so" perhaps? I can't even think of anything else that a tongue-poking smiley signify at the prospect of Hell being abundantly populated. Your attitude suggests that not everybody will have to have their empathy scraped clean upon entering Heaven, lest they spare a thought for those who didn't make it.

Regardless of your (poor) explanation, I find the sentiment in extremely poor taste. It gives me no end of comfort and satisfaction that your most sincerely held beliefs are nothing more than lame, malevolent fiction.

Cheers,

D.

First of all, every religious person has evidence for themselves. It's impossible for you to comprehend what another person holds as evidence.

The type of personal evidence you describe here is - belief.

Evidence deals with real data that can be tested, verified or observed...

Belief's are not supported by anything but a gut feeling at best.

The type of personal evidence you describe here is - belief.

Evidence deals with real data that can be tested, verified or observed...

Belief's are not supported by anything but a gut feeling at best.

This is precisely the problem with religious faith.

Muslims have a "gut feeling" that their religion is the correct one. They see the wonders of Allah everywhere, Allah is out there healing people and many people testify to that fact.

Christians have a "gut feeling" that what they believe is true. They see the wonders of God and the Holy Spirit everywhere, and Jesus is out there healing people and there are many who testify to that fact.

Each claims that theirs is the only way to salvation. Each claims that the other is of Satan (they can at least agree on who the bad guy is). Each believes that their book is inerrant and unchanging--and have evidence that proves the other false.

They cannot both be true, but they CAN BOTH BE FALSE. So, how are we to determine the veracity of each of these faith claims? How about evidence that can be repeated and verified?

And there isn't any.

To go a step further, look at the basic assumptions made by these two religions:

1.There is a God, and out of the billions upon billions of planets in the Universe, he pays special attention to Earth.

2. This god also focuses on one tiny part of the Earth that is in the Middle East, and one particular tribe of those living there--ignoring all other people everywhere else on Earth.

3. he gives them rules to live by, and has them commit genocide, rape, murder, incest, and misogyny in his name.

(Muslims diverge here)

4. Fast forward to the times ruled by the Romans. He sends his son, conceived by magic in a "pure woman". This son wanders the Earth casting out demons, doing magic tricks, and prattling on about loving one another and forgiveness but gives no concrete plan on how to go about it, then is crucified. He rises from the dead, yet only appears to those who believed him already, and promises to come back, do more magic, and then judge everyone and send the evil to Hell and the Righteous he will bring with him to Heaven.

5. There are wars in Heaven, by the way.

Does this REMOTELY sound reasonable?

Lately I've been wondering about the whole God thing.

I know I've argued pretty vehemently in favor of a good, all-knowing God in some of these threads. And supposedly even Mother Theresa had years and years when she doubted (and I'm no Mother Theresa).

So I guess I'm going through a period of doubt. Not so much because Judaeo-Christian beliefs can't be proven through logic and science. I actually have no problem with that. What is making me wonder is, the Bible and religious traditions tell a story that sort of holds together about why things are the way they are.

I've just recently realized, I could tell any number of made up stories about why things are the way they are, and I can make the details hold together so they make sense.

One of these other explanations sound just as viable to me:

I can meld biology and survival of the fittest and sociology and make up a story as to why religion and belief in God has persisted, as beliefs that enforce and maximize procreation. Religion could merely be a survival mechanism for creatures with really big brains and hardly any instinct. It makes us behave according to "moral" rules that have taken the place of natural rules. To force us to be monogamous, etc. This would benefit humanity as a race, even if it sucks for individuals sometimes. It could be in our genes.

Or, alternately, I can make up a story that there is a God, but He is neutral, not good, and he wants us to follow rules and be fruitful and multiply because he personally benefits from this somehow, and not because it is particularly good for humanity and the world. For example, maybe he wants us to have free will because every time someone makes a free choice to follow his rules, he gets "fed" or gets energy somehow. So, the more people who are born and go on to follow his rules, the bigger and more powerful he grows.

Yeah, that one is kind of science-fiction-y. But it sort of seems plausible to me. Or just as plausible as some of the other religious stories.

I don't know...just tossing things out. Tomorrow I might be feeling as faithful as ever.

Each claims that theirs is the only way to salvation. Each claims that the other is of Satan (they can at least agree on who the bad guy is). Each believes that their book is inerrant and unchanging--and have evidence that proves the other false.
The way you talk about the Bible make me wonder how the early Christians managed without it. Illiteracy was rampant for a long time.

How many people were converted with a book? Not many. Good luck with your efforts to turn them away with it.

1.There is a God, and out of the billions upon billions of planets in the Universe, he pays special attention to Earth.

2. This god also focuses on one tiny part of the Earth that is in the Middle East, and one particular tribe of those living there--ignoring all other people everywhere else on Earth.

I believe God focused on them because they were the least. They were a people with no land (promised land) who would have been forgotten and lost to time.

3. he gives them rules to live by, and has them commit genocide, rape, murder, incest, and misogyny in his name.
He turned them into a priestly people.

4. Fast forward to the times ruled by the Romans. He sends his son, conceived by magic in a "pure woman". This son wanders the Earth casting out demons, doing magic tricks, and prattling on about loving one another and forgiveness but gives no concrete plan on how to go about it, then is crucified. He rises from the dead, yet only appears to those who believed him already, and promises to come back, do more magic, and then judge everyone and send the evil to Hell and the Righteous he will bring with him to Heaven.
Like the native americans of today, they were a conquered people.

Jesus was far from being royalty or wealthy. He humbled himself, and dedicated his life to God's service (not charity). He was tried, humiliated, and crucified as a criminal.

Many of his teachings were in the form of parables. It was farmer talk for the people. Maybe he needed to bring it down a few levels for people like you.

5. There are wars in Heaven, by the way.
The war ended a long time ago.

The fact that you and many other like you have such a big problem with Jesus Christ seems to legitimize Jesus. If there is no truth to it, it should fade away.