If christianity is true than god is a hyprocrit

There are three parts to reconciliation. There is the confession, then there is the act of forgiveness, and then there is atonement. In sequence.

With Adam and Eve, there was no acknowledgment or apology, only finger pointing. Maybe if they confessed, God might have allowed them to stay.

Nope. Read the book. God kicked them out of Eden because now that they knew good v. evil, they would eat from the Tree Of Life and then become immortal (Genesis 3:22). Funny, but the only knowledge that is specifically mentioned in the Bible that Adam and Eve got from eating the fruit is that they were naked, and became ashamed. Bummer.

Also notice that god says "us" in Genesis 3:22, implying more than one god. And it isn't the "royal" plural either, he says, "one of us."

Jumping ahead, god gives Cain a pass for committing murder (Genesis 4:15). And why did Cain kill Abel? Because Abel was a shepherd, and blood sacrifice is pleasing to the Lord, while Cain was a farmer, and god didn't like vegetables. (Genesis 4:4,5)

All over the Old Testament god says that burning flesh makes an aroma god finds pleasing. (Numbers 18:17-19, just to name one).

Or, wait...maybe it doesn't. In Jeremiah 6:20 god says that he DOESN'T like burnt offerings. Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Oh, and then Jesus came and wiped all that out so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Too bad he came too late to save Abel, huh? See, Abel was killed because god liked his sacrifice and not Cain's. You see, because god favored one over the other a man was killed.

And god should surely have known this, given that he is all-powerful. Didn't he know that by favoring a shepherd over a farmer (and vegetables are an essential part of every balanced diet--a diet god himself designed) one would get upset? And he must have known he would suspend the animal sacrifice rule, so then why wait? Why not just institute it from the beginning and save Abel's life?

Also, before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge there was no death, and everything was vegetarian. So how did god get his pleasing aroma of lamb fat in those days? And if he liked the smell of burning lamb fat and kidney so much, why didn't he just make oxygen smell like that from the outset? He's god, he can do anything, right?

Why does the creator of the Universe nedd sacrifice in the first place? Isn't everything his anyway? And then why would the Creator of the Universe change his mind about sacrifice but wait for thousands of years before letting anyone know?

And on and on and on...

Disownment or grounding is hardly comparable to the heartless sadism of eternal torture without reprive for a choice that most people weren't even aware they were making.

how is it sadistic to be eternally parted from a God you chose to live your earthly life without and whom you probably disregarded when it came to the possibility of a here-after? The only ones who can claim that they weren't aware of a choice they made are the ones who have no knowledge of God whatsoever, and even they accept or reject natural law ...

Dahmer's victims, some of them Cambodian, probably didn't convert when they died. So, after being drugged, raped, beaten, and eaten … they had hell to look forward to because their "heart" wasn't in the right place

if they were cannibalized because Dahmer wanted to absorb their spirit, does that mean their salvation was mingled with his for that purpose? Or do I need to hit the confessional for even thinking up that question? :laugh:

Forgiveness does not provide you immunity from consequences.

You should know that by now! Hmmm... Who's the clown? :laugh:

Yes it does. If you are a Christian god forgives you and you don't pay the consequences of your sin--namely BURNING IN HELL.

Pause a moment and enjoy the irony.....

On Earth, men are a little more stringent as to what you can get away with, and so we punish--but it is tempered with mercy. Not good ol' Jehovah.

If I die right now, I go to hell, according to your religion, no?

that's where misconception comes into play. No matter what someone believes, your fate ultimately comes down to you and the Big Guy. That is, if you believe in the Big Guy.

The average person can, if they wish, research the methods and experiments used to prove things and recreate them for themselves.

true. But the average person doesn't research and experiment to satisfy these questions for himself, he puts his trust in a group of men who are experienced in this area and believes what they tell him is "truth." Why should it be such a far stretch in terms of religion, where people believe in Christ or Yahweh or Allah because a group of wise men who are learned in this area assure them that this is truth? Empirical evidence aside, it's the same dang process! What non-believers have a problem with is that it's a leap of faith into the unknown that believers make when they profess belief in God ...

there was a story on the wire about a Jesuit astronomer who spoke with techies and other science types in the Silicon Valley, and realized they didn't have a problem with the existence of God, but had more basic concerns about "Why should I believe, what does it get me?" Because their approach to life was "If I do X, then Y happens and Z is the result."

faith is not linear, and it can't be boiled down to a scientific equation. It's visceral, and it's highly personal.

So you're saying you don't trust science because you can't see the proof for yourself? Well I say I can't trust religion because I CAN see the DISPROOF for myself. The difference is that any normal person with basic reasoning skills can see that there are things in the bible that just don't make sense. With science, there is a lot more credibility behind it. The people who give us the scientific explanations are perfectly willing to explain and justify their findings. Good luck finding a religious leader who will do the same.

What it comes down to is this - rather than prove religion, you would actually try to discredit science...

Why does the creator of the Universe need sacrifice in the first place? Isn't everything his anyway? And then why would the Creator of the Universe change his mind about sacrifice but wait for thousands of years before letting anyone know?

ah, but the Bible is written by man, a testimony to his ever-evolving faith journey, written from multiple human perspectives. God didn't write the Bible …

Disownment or grounding is hardly comparable to the heartless sadism of eternal torture without reprive for a choice that most people weren't even aware they were making.

how is it sadistic to be eternally parted from a God you chose to live your earthly life without and whom you probably disregarded when it came to the possibility of a here-after?

Hell is more than just being eternally parted from god. That is a nice, new-agey interpretation as to what hell is like, but the Bible describes Hell as being fire, brimstone, tearing of flesh, and eternal torment.

See, because we now know that the center of the Earth is molten rock and Hell isn't there, so in order to save the concept Hell morphs and becomes something totally unlike what Scripture actually says.

Consider the Tower of Babel. Nimrod was building a Tower to get to Heaven. So god destroys the Tower and confuses human language to prevent such a thing in the future.

Then, he sends his Son and commands people to spread the "Good News" which requires translating the Bible into thousands of languages, and creates arguments as to the correct meaning of particular words, which confounds god's purpose in everyone hearing the "good news." Once god decided he wanted everyone to hear about his son, why not snap his fingers and give everyone the same language again? Surely that is not too difficult for the Creator of The Universe?

Do you think that the Tower would have reached Heaven? God thought it would. Why is that impossible now? I mean, look at the space program. A Saturn V rocket goes higher than any tower humans can possibly build. Why no intervention at that time?

The only ones who can claim that they weren't aware of a choice they made are the ones who have no knowledge of God whatsoever, and even they accept or reject natural law ...

Why have to make that claim at all? Why can't we just say, "I didn't believe because there was not enough evidence?"

Dahmer's victims, some of them Cambodian, probably didn't convert when they died. So, after being drugged, raped, beaten, and eaten … they had hell to look forward to because their "heart" wasn't in the right place

if they were cannibalized because Dahmer wanted to absorb their spirit, does that mean their salvation was mingled with his for that purpose? Or do I need to hit the confessional for even thinking up that question? :laugh:

Ha! If you are a Christian yes, hit the confessional. If you are from the Congo, no. Everyone there knows that if you eat the heart of your enemy you absorb his strength. Duh.

Why does the creator of the Universe need sacrifice in the first place? Isn't everything his anyway? And then why would the Creator of the Universe change his mind about sacrifice but wait for thousands of years before letting anyone know?

ah, but the Bible is written by man, a testimony to his ever-evolving faith journey, written from multiple human perspectives. God didn't write the Bible …

So you claim. The Holy Spirit tells others that he did. Whom to believe, whom to believe....

If what you say is accurate, that men wrote the Bible, and since the men who wrote it were ignorant shepherds that knew nothing of how Nature actually works, can I not then totally reject what they wrote? Or were they "on target" regarding Heaven, Hell, and Jesus, but wrong on everything else? And how can you tell?

Rhetoric aside, I am aware that the Bible was written by (ignorant, sexually repressed, fearful, superstitious) men, and so reject it as anything other than a window into the past. It isn't even particularly well written.

If I die right now, I go to hell, according to your religion, no?

that's where misconception comes into play. No matter what someone believes, your fate ultimately comes down to you and the Big Guy. That is, if you believe in the Big Guy.

The Bible says that Jesus is the only way into Heaven. The Bible is the basis for the Christian religion. Therefore, I reject Jesus, I go to Hell. QED.

I can actually answer this one because my parents turned away from me while I chose to behave in a self-destructive way. My choice, not theirs, but they didn't have to continually forgive me to love me unconditionally. When I decided to stop hurting myself they welcomed me back with open arms. Same with God.

I am not hurting myself. I just don't believe in god. Because of this, Hell awaits me (supposedly).

No -- because they continually keep choosing to go back on the righteous path.

Righteous according to whom?

And it's not thought crime -- your actions from the heart are the ground on which you stand.

Yes, it is. Your heart just pumps blood through your body. All your emotion happens in your brain, and are thoughts. The only sin that is not forgiven is blasphemy--i.e. unbelief. Look it up.

I do nice things for people. I volunteer at the local shelter. I help hand out food to the needy every other Monday, year-round. I help people push their car off the road when they break down, I walk women to their car after dark in sketchy areas of town, etc. I do all these things, but I know "in my heart" that there is no god. I don't pray, I don't worship, or anything remotely like that.

These are actions from "my heart", right? But I go to hell. We are saved by grace through faith, not by our works.

What that means is that no matter how much good I do, no matter how many people I help, I go to hell because I don't believe (i.e. think) the right way. See?

how is it sadistic to be eternally parted from a God you chose to live your earthly life without and whom you probably disregarded when it came to the possibility of a here-after? The only ones who can claim that they weren't aware of a choice they made are the ones who have no knowledge of God whatsoever, and even they accept or reject natural law

This depends on your definition of Hell I suppose. If it's merely separation then that's one thing, but most seem to believe that Hell is more than just that: it's God's eternal torture chamber full of fire and sulfur and every kind of suffering imaginable. It is not for correction or rehabilitation or anything, it serves no purpose but to inflict pain forever for its own sake. What else would you call that if not sadism?

Cheers,

D.

Nope. Read the book. God kicked them out of Eden because now that they knew good v. evil, they would eat from the Tree Of Life and then become immortal (Genesis 3:22). Funny, but the only knowledge that is specifically mentioned in the Bible that Adam and Eve got from eating the fruit is that they were naked, and became ashamed. Bummer.
The forbidden fruit was an apple. The word for "apple" also meant "evil". Maybe they ate evil just like a really bad drug.

Jumping ahead, god gives Cain a pass for committing murder (Genesis 4:15). And why did Cain kill Abel? Because Abel was a shepherd, and blood sacrifice is pleasing to the Lord, while Cain was a farmer, and god didn't like vegetables. (Genesis 4:4,5)
Why God favored one sacrifice over another is unknown, but it formented jealousy in Cain.

All over the Old Testament god says that burning flesh makes an aroma god finds pleasing. (Numbers 18:17-19, just to name one).

Or, wait...maybe it doesn't. In Jeremiah 6:20 god says that he DOESN'T like burnt offerings. Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Do you really think the bible was written by one person?

Also, before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge there was no death, and everything was vegetarian. So how did god get his pleasing aroma of lamb fat in those days? And if he liked the smell of burning lamb fat and kidney so much, why didn't he just make oxygen smell like that from the outset? He's god, he can do anything, right?
The serpent said they wouldn't die if they ate from the tree.

Do you always get lost in the details?

Why does the creator of the Universe nedd sacrifice in the first place? Isn't everything his anyway? And then why would the Creator of the Universe change his mind about sacrifice but wait for thousands of years before letting anyone know?
Do you think Jesus was acting out of self-interest when he suffered and died on the cross?

If you are turning to an (angry) Athiest site for coaching, you should reconsider. So far you succeeded in making youself appear angry and uninformed.

I do nice things for people. I volunteer at the local shelter. I help hand out food to the needy every other Monday, year-round. I help people push their car off the road when they break down, I walk women to their car after dark in sketchy areas of town, etc. I do all these things, but I know "in my heart" that there is no god. I don't pray, I don't worship, or anything remotely like that.

These are actions from "my heart", right? But I go to hell. We are saved by grace through faith, not by our works.

You aren't doing that for God so why should he do anything for you?

The only thing I am convinced of is your rejection of him. Expect him to return the favor.

Science can be broken down into empirical evidence. The same cannot be said for religion.
You're exactly right. That's precisely why I choose religion over science. Not that I dismiss science, mind you, it just that our limited capabilities won't ever allow us to, "Know it all". It just won't happen. I do believe that the closer we get to these so called, "answers", the closer we'll get to God Himself.
Scientists are constantly doing that to re-confirm what we already know.
Why? And no, they aren't confirming, they are "conforming". Don't get me wrong, their results are usually the same, however, the way these results, "come to be" are under constant scrutiny.
That is not the case for religion. No matter how much you pick apart the minutae of the differences between religion and science, you still end up saying things that strengthen my case and weaken yours.
Oh POSH.....first present a case, then you'll have something to build on. I haven't seen anything impressive yet.....
Religion, on the other hand, cannot. There is no proof, evidence, credibility, or anything of the sort.
Again....POSH.....obviously, you haven't done alot of research on this subject. You're failing miserably, and I'd much rather spend the rest of my time adressing a good friend who can argue more on my level.....
Ah, but if you read the account in Genesis, we were created just that way. We had no knowledge of good and evil--therefore no free will. Then, AFTER DISOBEYING (which is a problem in itself) we get the knowledge of good and evil (i.e. free will) and are forced from the Garden of Eden.
No disrespect, but Adam and Eve always had free will, otherwise, how could they have disobeyed in the first place?
No, it isn't. As you imply above, your child can leave your roof and live as it wishes eventually.
Not without remembering, even feeling guilty of their transgression(s), and the ramifications of what they've done......true?
There is nowhere I can go and get away from god, or his "rules." Is that not correct?
That is correct. However, God's, "rules", (impossible to follow today), are covered by Christ's blood.

IF, you Believe in Him with the right heart attitude, His Holy Spirit guides you through the rest of your life and you will, "grow" becoming more LIKE Christ. You've accepted this at one time in your life, and have fallen away from Him. If I remember correctly, you admitted to a very "unique" experience from it as well.

This leads me to believe that you're saved. Once saved, always saved.....

I have to close now, I have SO much more to say to you about this and the other responses, (I have one for each!!)......

However, I'm on the road again......I'll get back to this later.....hungry!!!

The forbidden fruit was an apple. The word for "apple" also meant "evil". Maybe they ate evil just like a really bad drug.

No it wasn't. Show me one scripture where "apple" is used. The Bible just says "fruit." Judaism claims that it could have been a grape, a fig, wheat, or citron. Some say it may have been a pomegranate.

Your "apple" and "evil" equivocation is a red herring.

Why God favored one sacrifice over another is unknown, but it formented jealousy in Cain.

Yep. Which god must have known it would do. And further, he forbids punishment of Cain for murder after the fact. Why?

Of course not. But if all the men who wrote the Bible were inspired by god, surely the books would agree on god's opinion regarding sacrifice, no?

The serpent said they wouldn't die if they ate from the tree.

And they didn't, at least not right away. They lived longer than any known human. Which brings up an interesting point: How is it that men living in a time with no health care at all lived to incredibly advanced ages, yet now, with modern medicine we make it to 80, on average? It took Noah 120 years just to build the Ark, for example. How can this be?

Do you always get lost in the details?

Which details am I lost in?Or do you just ignore parts of the Bible because you can't explain them, and so have to "blow by" them to protect your faith?

Do you think Jesus was acting out of self-interest when he suffered and died on the cross?

I don't think Jesus suffered and died on the cross, actually. But according to scripture, it was as a substitute for everyone--everyone who believes the right way, in any event.

This is interesting, too. God (who is a Trinity made up of the Father, the SOn, and the Holy Spirit, right?) impregnated a woman with himself, so he would then grow up to be sacrificed to himself so that he could forgive people for breaking the rules that he created himself. Or am I hung up on the details again?

If you are turning to an (angry) Athiest site for coaching, you should reconsider. So far you succeeded in making youself appear angry and uninformed.

Really. Actually, I am not angry at all. Most atheists I know aren't angry, as far as what religion teaches goes. It is more funny than anything else.

You are the one who believes these things, I presume, not me. As such, since you assert that at least some of the Bible is true, why can't you defend it? Have I posted one thing that the Bible does not claim?

Moreover, I wouldn't bandy the "ignorant" term about so freely, when it is clearly you who is ignorant so far. I await your scriptural reference to an apple, for starters.

No disrespect, but Adam and Eve always had free will, otherwise, how could they have disobeyed in the first place?

How can your will be free if you do not have knowledge of good and evil? Since they had no idea what evil was (which implies disobeying something or going against established rules) they could not have known the consequences of their actions.

Not without remembering, even feeling guilty of their transgression(s), and the ramifications of what they've done......true?

If they feel guilty about said transgression, yes, if they don't think they are wrong, no.

That is correct. However, God's, "rules", (impossible to follow today), are covered by Christ's blood.

Why are they impossible today? Why make these rules if he knew that it would be impossible to follow them at some point? It was possible to follow those rules for 98% of human existence, but not for the last 2,000?

IF, you Believe in Him with the right heart attitude, His Holy Spirit guides you through the rest of your life and you will, "grow" becoming more LIKE Christ. You've accepted this at one time in your life, and have fallen away from Him. If I remember correctly, you admitted to a very "unique" experience from it as well.

Yes, I did accept it at one point. I accepted astrology at one point as well (very young). I am not sure if my conversion experience was particularly unique, though. The feeling I had right afterward was very pleasant, to be sure, but the way I feel now is far more pleasant and has lasted for about fifteen years. The feeling after my conversion was gone the next morning, never to return.

This leads me to believe that you're saved. Once saved, always saved.....

I am aware of this doctrine as well, although not all churches agree. Just like everything else.

I have to close now, I have SO much more to say to you about this and the other responses, (I have one for each!!)......

However, I'm on the road again......I'll get back to this later.....hungry!!!

Awesome! I have noticed a couple of critical errors in some responses to you, and I am curious to read how you deal with them.:D I would have a go, but then I may appear schizophrenic to some who don't know me very well!:laugh:

Oh--enjoy your dinner! Make sure to eat your vegetables!:laugh:

You aren't doing that for God so why should he do anything for you?

The only thing I am convinced of is your rejection of him. Expect him to return the favor.

You forget that I think god is imaginary, so I am not expecting anything to do anything, for me or against me. But your religion makes specific claims, and I can analyze these claims as to their rationality. morality, and veracity, right?

Your hint at the argument ad baculum is noted.

I notice you reject the Koran. Expect Allah to return the favor. Also, you reject Thor and probably won't die in battle, so don't expect to go to Valhalla. Remember to have someone put coins on your eyes, or you won't be able to pay the ferryman and will not get into the Underworld. Watch your Karma, or you will be reborn as a worm or something.

Gee, so many things (for which there is no evidence) to be afraid of...which is right? What oh what shall I do?

For some reason, I love this argument. Why religion is false and why it is true. The arguments are never-ending and only make me want to learn more on both sides of the conversation:p

I think that people arguing over beliefs in the first place is funny:lmao:. It's almost like disproving an opinion, but not exactly the same. God planted a seed called Christianity that grew into a tree of many branches, bearing many fruits that from time and time again fall from the tree they grew on, or were picked off by the hands that decided those that were better looking would taste better when eaten. God uses the weak, the ugly, the left-behind, and the losers, the fruits that weren't picked from the tree, to prove to the better apples that "too bad you had to get eaten.":laugh: People of God come from every branch of the Christian faith, and have different outlooks on their faith, and different interpretations. An apple that grows on the higher branch sees its tree differently than the one on the lower branch.

Of course not. But if all the men who wrote the Bible were inspired by god, surely the books would agree on god's opinion regarding sacrifice, no?

I'm sure that the writers each had their own image of God based on what they were taught, and weren't taught. You tell someone how to write about what life would be like with hover cars, and a fourth of the class will have different images than another fourth, and so on for each fourth. Say, one student writes about multi-layered traffic with floating traffic lights, while another just has cars that can only hover about two feet from the ground and still use roadways and normal traffic lights suspended by metal poles and rods as we do today. Some people examine the topic differently than others.

Yep. Which god must have known it would do. And further, he forbids punishment of Cain for murder after the fact. Why?

When a cop has permission to enter someone's home, that would normally be against the law to do so, it's okay. Why? Well, he/she has permission. :rolleyes: I might just be too general.

So, therefore, God wasn't actually picking out which sacrifice would be better, but instead he strategically picked out a specific sacrifice in order for a chain of events to unfold, and therefore giving Cain permission to perform the act.

That is correct. However, God's, "rules", (impossible to follow today), are covered by Christ's blood. Why are they impossible today? Why make these rules if he knew that it would be impossible to follow them at some point? It was possible to follow those rules for 98% of human existence, but not for the last 2,000?

Ummm... then why did God need to send his only son down to Earth? He wouldn't send him here just to mess with peoples heads. Why would God send his only son to a planet where everything was going great and the jews were doing great, everybody was following God's laws set before them and everyone was hugging and saying "will you forgive me for hurting you?" If I can recall, things were pretty bad down there before jesus, which is why he was sent in the first place.

I also wonder where you came up with the idea of "apple" meaning "evil". As far as I can tell, Apple's are good for you:eek:

I don't think Jesus suffered and died on the cross, actually. But according to scripture, it was as a substitute for everyone--everyone who believes the right way, in any event.

Actually, in Rome's recorded history, Jesus was proven to be crucified. It was detailed as a man with a donkey's head, and was titled INRI. It was also proven that it wasn't actually across, more of a t-shaped thing. Michaelangello came up with the idea of it being the actual shape of the cross.

To question this specific dispute, "Why doesn't God _______, being almighty as he is and all-powerful."

Well, why doesn't America throw a nuke at every country that's making it mad to change everything for "the better"? It might not be as easy as you think. They send ambassadors to settle disputes so nothing bad comes from it. It's something called "Strategy".

Gee, so many things (for which there is no evidence) to be afraid of...which is right? What oh what shall I do?

You shall have no other Gods. :p Fortunately, there is evidence in God, but it's mixed in with the opinions. It's like finding hay in a needle-stack. [i meant it specifically that way]

It doesn't require faith in the way religion does. To suggest so is equivocating.

For example, I have faith that when I buy 2% milk, it will be what the label says it is. I have faith that when my girlfriend says she'll call, she will.

Every time I have bought 2% milk it has been, and every time my girlfriend says she'll call she does, so I have faith based on prior evidence.

Faith in science is the same. I have faith in science because it has demonstrated time and again that it is a system that provides answers and explains phenomena. It works, so I have faith in it.

This is quite different from having religious faith, which exists in spite of evidence--nor does it require any. If there was evidence, we would not have thousands upon thousands of religions, extinct religions, and new ones popping up.

As you can see, while using the same word, it has at least two meanings, and when you seek to interchange the meanings to suit your point you are equivocating, which is fallacious.

One premise is you know what 2% milk is. Another premise is that you know if you are talking with your girlfriend.

You have faith in science because it appears to work.

There are many reasons why there are so many religions. You won't like some of those reasons.

Bible was written by men who were inspired by God, if I cannot explain or don't understand things on the book, I won't say it wasn't inspired by God, wasn't that pride that to say something that YOU don't understand isn't true? Lot's of things I don't understand in the Bible, I won't say it wasn't inspired by God; many things I don't understand, I won't say God is wrong, well, maybe I did once or twice or more, later I crawl back to God and ask him to forgive my ignorance

As for burning offering, before Jesus yes the offering do can be a substitute for sins; BUT God also said "he prefer righteousness more than sacrifice", that means he prefers people do right rather than they rely on sacrifice to continue to do wrong. THAT isn't a contradiction, just different levels

and people who use logic to paint everything, is too stiff, don't you think?:p

there are lot of things that logic cannot reach, for example: love, compassion, kindness.....on and on, so trying to find God or reject God by logics seems quite limited. God is beyond our human logic, isn't under

• Author
NocturnalRaids
take a class in logic, philosophy and critical thinking. that should eradicate any faith you may have left in one fell swoop.

I have only taken the general intro to philosophy 110 as of yet. I am not religious, and maybe I spoke too soon, but that means that the poeple spreading the word are hyprocrits because they say that God forgives, but that is just their composed sermons and opinions. I don't get how you can believe some parts and not other of the same book. Just shows how imperfect it is. Its just how humans are, tailoring and perfecting.

I have only taken the general intro to philosophy 110 as of yet. I am not religious, and maybe I spoke too soon, but that means that the poeple spreading the word are hyprocrits because they say that God forgives, but that is just their composed sermons and opinions. I don't get how you can believe some parts and not other of the same book. Just shows how imperfect it is. Its just how humans are, tailoring and perfecting.

Actually, the bible says that God gives forgiveness. Our sermons and teachings come from the bible, but as being humans we're bound to make mistakes in understanding completely what the bible is actually telling us, leading to occassional false interpretations and misteachings. Don't forget that many aspects of the bible itself are widely accepted and agreed on, such as the sending of his son to Earth.

Science also makes similar mistakes as well, but ultimately most scientific studies are widely agreed on as well, such as gravity. Much of science is under debate still, such as dark matter, evolution, the creation of the universe, etc.

Understanding the bible requires being open-minded to different possibilities, as well as science does. To be able to grasp the different concepts thrown at you, you must make a decision upon which is true and which isn't. Your decision may go against some people's beliefs or ideas, but it is ultimately YOUR view. Your perspective on the matter.

The bible is imperfect, yes. There's no doubt about it. It can be misinterpreted and therefore is not perfect. Unfortunately for you, the bible is a very important book to everyone! On trial, you MUST promise to tell the truth, all the truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God.

As far as I know, you don't swear to your science book in court.:laugh: You swear to God. So help you God.

• Author
NocturnalRaids

HOW DO YOU KNOW? That is the question empiricism asks. That is why science is based on the senses. A theory is facts of inference agreeing with facts of observation.

I'd say we all are clowns cause we assert things and act like we know stuff. Socrates cleary said that he didn't have knowledge, as nobody else in his time/local did. He didn't say it was impossible though.

Philosophy dominates. Many aspects are debatable. Such as Free Will vs. Determinism. Epistemology (some word like that).

The bible can be plucked apart like feathers from a turkey. Theologists are aware of this. Like where did cains wife come from? Because it was a religous scripture written by different people and then combined, the flaws and contradictions are there. So don't use the bible to proof or disprove anything. The bible is a hypocrit by saying different things.

Critically thinking is cool and all, but most people are like pack animals and act on subconcious or compulsion. Stimulus and Response.

The one thing we DID NOT CHOOSE was to be concieved. It is because our parents engaged in a sex act. Comception isn't an act of god............................why were HUMANS able to clone rats, cats, and sheep? Keep in mind they are working on humans, but that is aside the point. If we can clone anything, then it supports genetics over a higher power that is tinkering or controlling the universe.

If everything is God, then how can anything be?

How can we choose to go to hell or not if there is no cause and effect by necessity? (Hume argument) That means our actions don't necessarily cause us to go one place or another in the afterlife. If I sin and am a bad person, there is not logically necessary for me to only go to hell. I could end up reincarnating or eating ice cream on the moon. There can be no cause and effect that absolute. Science works off of probability, LOGICALLY there is no reason the sun should will ever rise tomarrow. Just because it has been doing that for a while, deosn't logically mean it couldn't just stop. That is what David Hume pointed up that devastated determinism.

Good stuff though.........LMAO on some of the posts.

• Author
NocturnalRaids
As far as I know, you don't swear to your science book in court.:laugh: You swear to God. So help you God.

Good point. But you can choose another book. That is what Obama did right? I'll try and remember if I ever go to court to request another book. Anything but a religous book. Even a dictionary is better. As long as the cover is fancy black or whatever.