I'm Getting Married

dude! don't do it...:laugh:

i think you've only been with her less than a year? if so then a long engagement is indicated

i think you've only been with her less than a year? if so then a long engagement is indicated

Ah Alphie :laugh: Aren't you supposed to be off somewhere banging your young, blond, ditzy secretary?

• Author
Wow! Congratulations!

I remember you saying something in a thread a while back which led me to think this might be happening for you soon but I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong and it was too soon :)

CONGRATS! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Thanks Allina.. Yeah it really wasn't a big surprise for her.

I have been biting my tongue for quite a while..

I guess clowns really can hold a secret in :laugh:

Congrats A_C! Nice to hear about success stories. :)

Thanks TBF.. A success story with her in my life is and easy one..

Congrats dude.

I wish you the best of luck.:)

Thanks Riddler...

Outstanding news! All in all, marriage has been good to me- and I hope it is for you too.

ps - Being a friend of bill's has helped me alot in my marriage

Thanks Tommyr.. Nice to see more of BillW's friends out there on LS.. * Shake *

Oh how exciting and congrats. :D Here have 3 bunnies. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

3 Bunnies.. Wow.. Thanks Ipanca

Congrats AC! Mr. Wiggles will soon have a wife...

Hey Sunny (m)..

Yeah.. Looks like Mr Wiggles is now going to be a pair.. Mr & Mrs Art Wiggles.. :lmao:

Alpha.. hahaha...

I knew this would be your EXACT post...

You are right.. We have only been dating 9 months.. but we have known each other for years..

I don't know if you ever remember the story..

I met her on match and we had been emailing for 2 weeks and started talking on the phone and then we realized we already knew each other in real life.

We just had never realized that we were single and had only talked business...

She is a client of mine and has been sending me work for years.. and my business name and address had been posted on her computer monitor for well over a year before we met.. That was where she kept my addy so she could write it on the courier slip.

We will be fine Alpha..

Thanks for you concern...

She is under my spell fully by now and cannot help but love the clown in me..:laugh:

PS...You should really think about getting your butt back out there...

You are right.. We have only been dating 9 months.. but we have known each other for years..

I don't know if you ever remember the story...

oh yea i remember now...well in that case i grant my temporary seal of approval

-alpha

*looks around for rubber stamp*

• Author
Eyes? You sure about that?

I hear it was one big bottle! :p:lmao:

I guess I won't be asking women around LS if they want to see Mr Wiggles anymore after we're married ..:laugh:

" Retired "

Good luck, Art. I'm happy for you.

The problem with Alpha's advice is that it doesn't really matter how long you date before you get married. The theory, which makes sense, is that you should spend more time getting to know her prior to marriage.

What that theory doesn't address though is the aspects of her personality she's holding in reserve for married life. It wouldn't matter how long you dated her, or even if you lived with her. You won't see that stuff until you get home from the honeymoon and she sees the full trash can and the dishes and beer bottles on the counter. Then, and only then, will you find out who she really is.

• Author
ps - Being a friend of bill's has helped me alot in my marriage

I forgot to mention in my other post Tommyr that I celebrated 20 years sober on June 28th of this year...

Good things always happen to me on June 28th.. if you count back 3 weeks from today you get June 28th.. that is when I asked her to marry me...

• Author
Good luck, Art. I'm happy for you.

The problem with Alpha's advice is that it doesn't really matter how long you date before you get married. The theory, which makes sense, is that you should spend more time getting to know her prior to marriage.

What that theory doesn't address though is the aspects of her personality she's holding in reserve for married life. It wouldn't matter how long you dated her, or even if you lived with her. You won't see that stuff until you get home from the honeymoon and she sees the full trash can and the dishes and beer bottles on the counter. Then, and only then, will you find out who she really is.

Thanks Johan.. and thanks for the advice.. it makes sense and is wise and I will keep it in mind..

I forgot to mention in my other post Tommyr that I celebrated 20 years sober on June 28th of this year...

Good things always happen to me on June 28th.. if you count back 3 weeks from today you get June 28th.. that is when I asked her to marry me...

Congrats. I should be getting a 19 year chip in 3 weeks (hope I make it). In the rooms I have met many "powers of example" regarding marriage - how to have a good one, and how NOT to remain married. Seems that selfishness and self-centeredness can also be a problem in relationships.

I'm happy if you're happy... :bunny:

From what I read here, she sure is a lucky woman.

Wishing you many many many years of happiness! :)

Well well well.........

Mr. Wiggles is off the market.......

I was wondering when this was going to happen. Your sig. line was pointing in that direction.

Congrats to both of you!

• Author
Congrats. I should be getting a 19 year chip in 3 weeks (hope I make it). In the rooms I have met many "powers of example" regarding marriage - how to have a good one, and how NOT to remain married. Seems that selfishness and self-centeredness can also be a problem in relationships.

You will make fine..day by day.. 19 years is a lifetime for some..

I still work on my self-centered moments from time to time.

Sometimes I have to take a quick step back and realize it isn't always about me that there are others in my life.

Thanks for reminding me of that as well too...:)..

I'm happy if you're happy... :bunny:

From what I read here, she sure is a lucky woman.

Wishing you many many many years of happiness! :)

Thanks Lizzy.. I am happy.. very happy..

• Author
Well well well.........

Mr. Wiggles is off the market.......

I was wondering when this was going to happen. Your sig. line was pointing in that direction.

Congrats to both of you!

Ahhh.. A4a...Thanks...Your a favorite of Mr Wiggles..

Yeah.. he is off the market.. but he will still be hanging around shaking hands :lmao:

Isn't it funny how people can read you by your siggy line ?

we need to have a retirement ceremony for mr. wiggles.... so much fun has been had at his expense in my past two years of being here....

he will be missed.

Ahhh.. A4a...Thanks...Your a favorite of Mr Wiggles..

Yeah.. he is off the market.. but he will still be hanging around shaking hands :lmao:

Isn't it funny how people can read you by your siggy line ?

Well you best behave in this M or Mr. Wiggles gets the Fork!

ehhh...... I know you will be good. ;):)

• Author
He's not retiring, he's getting married...

or is it the same thing? :D

It isn't the same.. it also isn't a retirement from use :D.. Just a retirement from singledome.

He's not retiring, he's getting married...

or is it the same thing? :D

:lmao::lmao:

Art you are now on Lizzie's To Do List. Funny how marriage affects some people!

:lmao:

littlekitty

Many, many congratulations AC!! :D It's wonderful news!!

It's 11 weeks now until Spidy and I tie the knot! :love: I can't wait!

• Author
Many, many congratulations AC!! :D It's wonderful news!!

It's 11 weeks now until Spidy and I tie the knot! :love: I can't wait!

Thanks LK...

11 weeks will go by in a flash.. You guys were meant to be together and you will have many years of happiness too..

Turquoise Waters

Congratulations and absolutely don't listen to those who are saying "didn't date long enough" and "long engagement." Becoming engaged after less than a year of dating is perfect.

Sometimes you just know, and it's better than having a guy who waits because he is unsure and doesn't know if he wants marriage or not. I'm so happy for you two. :)

serial muse

Aw, congrats Art!!! I'm so happy for you (and secretly in mourning). :p

I wish you and your sweetie the very best. :love::love::love: