Should I or Should I not

• Author

Well guys, I don't think this is going to be a happy ending. She has been working a lot lately and her phone doesn't work where she works at. So I left her a message, finally just plain out asking if she had any sort of feelings for me at all. Well it has been a week and I haven't gotten a phone call or a message back. So I guess I fail...

• 2 months later...
  • Author

Just a little update, She sent me a message last week saying that she wishes she could have come home for Christmas (guess its good she still calls it home) and says she misses me ALOT (she capitalized it). Thinking about calling her tomorrow.

That was a great story. I hope things work out for you. I had a similar situation myself. I know how hard it is to tell someone who is your best friend that you love them in the relationship way.

I met a girl in university that I instantly fell for. We became very close friends, but she had a boyfriend whom she had been dating for years at the time I met her. Two years later, she broke up with the guy (who after 5 years told her he wanted to sleep with other girls) in our last semester of university near the end of the year. I spent a lot of time with her as she took it really hard. I wanted so bad to tell her how much I liked her, but I kept putting it off with excuses (she's too busy, she's moving away, she doesn't want to be in a relationship right now....). A week later both of us were with some friends visiting, and she joked that "In 5 years if we both weren't married, we'd find eachother and get married". I never got the guts to tell her and regret it so much!

Unfortunately she left to go teach in a small city far from where I live. We stayed in touch, but I never told her. I met her for dinner at the end of 2006 and had decided that I was going to tell her how I felt. She started talking about her current "boyfriend" at the table, and I just sat there feeling sick as hell. There was no point in saying anything, I had already lost my chance. I haven't seen or talked to her since. Now I lost a good friend and any opportunity I had to be more than friends with her.

I really hope you have a better ending than I did. I know how you feel. Best of luck!