I am such an idiot

I like alphamales posts myself, but he's not the guy to ask here.

Bridget, the name of your bible says a lot, wouldn't you say?

bridget_jones

Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason?

Oh I get it. Yeah, he's just not that into you....it helped me get over an ex!

Are you coming 'round to my way of thinking, Erik?

I like your thinking.

No, I meant "He's Not That Into You". What does that tell you of the authors world view.

bridget_jones

Basically it's if a guy is really wanting to see you, he will make this clear. I think it is very much a world view. If he doesn't take definite steps to show you he is crazy about you then he isn't interested in a true romance with you, maybe just fun for now. so I think it could be applied to women everywhere.

The Rules is written in almost all languages and sold in all countries.

Basically it's if a guy is really wanting to see you, he will make this clear.

especially after 10 years..

Basically it's if a guy is really wanting to see you, he will make this clear.

Not always. And especially not after ten years, AM. Read one of my sermons on Just Friends.

BJ, you sound more and more like a sales agent. Are you getting percentages?

bridget_jones

lol

maybe I should call Greg and look into that. But the principles behind the book are nothing new. I would be giving the same advice without this book.

• Author
Alpha has feelings for LoveLace??? You mean, he might be the Roomate???:eek:

Ah, Busted!! :confused:

• Author
I am interested in seeing how this plays out...

But LoveLace, why are you admitting to giving BJ's.... giving BJ's does not a realtionship make...

and Bridget, I can not help but think that you are protraying some of what happened to you in your relationship towards this story...

I am not sure if he is into you, but stop giving him BJ's unless he has earned them.

Last BJ was BEFORE we even lived together, after that believe me I cut him off!!

• Author

As of last night there is NO way I'm telling him my feelings, I posted a new thread about what happened, but anyway, I already told him I need to have a talk with him today, when I'll be telling him to start finding another roommate.

I am not angry or anything of the sort, I don't even think I'm all that disappointed, I actually feel pretty powerful right now, cuz I got the guts to at least tell him we need to talk, and we need to talk ASAP. I'm proud of myself for realizing I don't have to stay in this torterous situation.

Thanks everyone for your support and for believing in my theory that I might finally know who the love of my life is. But I was wrong...life goes on but it especially will when our lease is up in August...I'll be better off and happier, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
mental_traveller

Edited because I just saw your other thread. Unlucky, but at least you are out of your misery now!

mental_traveller
especially after 10 years..

Lol. While I mainly agree, haven't you read or seen "The Age of Innocence", or "Pride & Prejudice"? Some people disguise their feelings for whatever reason, especially if they are "friends". If 2 such people like each other, they can go years without ever letting on. Each year that goes by, the stakes and thus the barriers get higher.

So yes, 90% chance is that he's not into her. But there's a small chance that he is, and has just acted like her all these years i.e. hiding everything to the point that she has no idea what he feels.

Everyone is being too wooly here. What we need is some simple logic & analysis. There's only 2 possibilities - he is into her, or he isn't. And there's only 2 things she can do - tell him she is into him, or not tell him.

1. She tells him her true feelings:

i) He is not into her. She gets embarrassed and they have a short period of awkwardness, before she gets over it and then they settle into being just friends.

ii) He really was into her all along. They live happily ever after.

2. She doesn't tell him.

i) He is not into her. The same situation continues, driving her up the wall.

ii) He is into her. Not only does she get driven up the wall, but she misses out on the possible love of her life too.

So, if we look at the possible outcomes, not telling him is either really bad, or a life-changing disaster of monumental proportions. Whereas telling him results in either a few days or weeks of awkwardness at worst, or her dream scenario.

Someone please explain *any* benefit to continuing to hold in her feelings. It is sheer lunacy!

Lovelace - get a grip and just tell this guy what you feel. Looking like a fool for a few minutes is really not a big deal, believe me.