Iraq-Jesus Analogy

My concern would be we would have new style Feudal States. Much like the Middle Ages. Who would be looking out for the little guy? We already see large corporations running amuck. CEO make 40 million plus a year In that same year the average worker gets his health insurance cut back. Just think if this trend continues. Ad to that the Global chase for cheap labor. Governments and countries will be at the beck and call of the Corporations. The real power will be in the Board rooms and they will not have to answer to anyone. Governments will there to serve them and their needs. Again much like the middle ages you will have a class system. people will work at the pleasure of the Corporation. Get out of line and your toast. You will be in effect a non person. Oversight and playing by the rules will be a thing of the past. If this new world order trend continues I do see a very bleak future. We already have semi legal privet armies called security companies. Men armed better then our own GI are working in Iraq. A security firm might even have a vested interest in keeping things going. After all they can't make the big bucks unless someone is killing someone. I mean who would need or want protection in peace time?

Right now, the terror is on our tv screens. The real terror, I fear, is yet to come. The real terror will be when local bands of thugs get together in the cities and start terrorizing our neighborhoods. These guys will make the crips and the bloods look like pansies. They'll be more like the Russian mafia. It'll be a worldwide phenomenon. Seriously, has anyone thought about what would happen if law and order just broke down? If there was such rejection to our system, such outrage that local law and order couldn't prevent it? What if the crips and the bloods - not them but say a super gang like them - rose up and just started kicking whitey off his land??? The property belongs to you in name and title, but perhaps the gangs have connections to the police and they look the other way? Mind you, this won't happen now and probably not in our lifetimes, but in the future - 50, 75, 100 years from now. What if it was a Mexican super gang that could run back and forth across the border and the feds no longer controlled the border in much the same way that the Pakistanis don't control Waziristan?

Well, people would have to hire private armies of course.;) The "government" might even be in on the cycle of mayhem for all we know.

well thats part of the new world economy. many foreign MNCs have moved part of their operations to the US. Its all a wash over time. If I go up to Auburn Hills which is 10 miles north of me all I see is buildings with names on them like AkeBono and Yazaki and Noritake Industries, blah blah blah. And what about British Petroleum? They are all over the US. Even Shell Oil is not a US comany.

That's exactly my point. They're all part of the same multinational elite, Alpha.

What if it was a Mexican super gang that could run back and forth across the border and the feds no longer controlled the border in much the same way that the Pakistanis don't control Waziristan?

Yeah I can see the MEXICAN SUPER GANGS coming into the most highly armed nation in the world. Americans are armed to the teeth, especially in the southwest and texas. These "super gangs" would go down in a hail of gunfire from private citizens (most of them white). SOme of the mexican dudes whould explode cause they had been eating bean burritoes.

Yeah I can see the MEXICAN SUPER GANGS coming into the most highly armed nation in the world. Americans are armed to the teeth, especially in the southwest and texas. These "super gangs" would go down in a hail of gunfire from private citizens (most of them white). SOme of the mexican dudes whould explode cause they had been eating bean burritoes.

It could be any gang, I just used the Mexicans as an example because of the issues related to the historical ties to the Southwestern U.S. It could be a crime syndicate of any kind. People in urban America are armed to the teeth, but in every city there are dominant gangs and everyone in the area knows to stay the hell out of their way.

You already have drug cartels, but seriously, who's to say that you couldn't have a return to what we saw in the Dark Ages, when basically gangs based on kinship (the word "kinning" meaning head kinsmen eventually became "king" in English). Maybe kinship would be more loosely associated in this case, but you could see a return to thuggishness where people form massive armies and roam from city to city or neighborhood to neighborhood and pillage. What's stopping them now is a strong central government and a healthy economy which discourages a significant portion of the population from that kind of lifestyle. But that can change. Not immediately, but definitely over decades.

Maybe kinship would be more loosely associated in this case,

It would have to be cause Americans generally aren't that family oriented...

What's stopping them now is a strong central government and a healthy economy which discourages a significant portion of the population from that kind of lifestyle. But that can change. Not immediately, but definitely over decades.

anything can change at any time...

It would have to be cause Americans generally aren't that family oriented...

anything can change at any time...

I guess what I'm saying is, I see the process being set into motion now. People have been used to living in nation-states, from the utopian and libertarian to the hellishly despotic. They are used to a more local authority, but increasingly our lives are going to be controlled by people who don't even speak our language. It's something that third world countries have dealt with, but now the entire world is going to deal with it. It's a new world order that will be based on class, and this network will be worldwide.