LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

How would you respond.

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2019, 9:44 AM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig View Post
I know exactly why she didn't respond to that text message I sent. I was just venting here.
She has no time for me because she has too many other things she has to attend to and is completely tapped out. She's told me so, directly in those words.
Ok so why didn't you listen to her instead of trying to annoy her further?
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2019, 10:59 AM   #32
Established Member

OP, why are you trying to get her to focus on you when she's on a girls' trip? Leave her alone.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2019, 1:08 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
You just spoke the most eloquent truth I've ever heard. I know it, my friends know it, everyone else knows it except her. We've even talked about it. My dilemma is how to get her to actually see it through her own eyes. The fact that you see it and put it into words gives me great hope.

I hear you on the other advice you gave too. Accepted, heard and appreciated.
Tell her you think you should both go take a parenting class, and not the type for babies.
Old 4th April 2019, 10:08 PM   #34
Established Member

Your wife is with her vacation husband at the moment. She will be yours again when she gets home. Maybe.
usa1ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2019, 10:13 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1ah View Post
Your wife is with her vacation husband at the moment. She will be yours again when she gets home. Maybe.
Oh please. Girls trips are a very legitimate thing.
Old 4th April 2019, 10:16 PM   #36
Established Member

With what you have posted between your two recent threads your wife could be having an affair. Keep your eyes open. It is not uncommon for a sahm to do this
Old 4th April 2019, 10:33 PM   #37
Established Member

I have seen many of girl trips end in cheating. Not saying this one is going to. But with the problems that have come up in the last few months it is a possibility.
Old 4th April 2019, 10:35 PM   #38
Established Member

The distance he is feeling between them. Him feeling that he is last on her list.

This is not good.
Old 4th April 2019, 10:55 PM   #39
Established Member

Quote:
I have seen many of girl trips end in cheating. Not saying this one is going to. But with the problems that have come up in the last few months it is a possibility.
I'm part of a group of 10 women who have taken a girls trip for the last 17 years. Last year was Wyoming, this year is Maine. None of us have even come close to cheating, even when we were in Vegas. Nine of us are mothers and it's much-needed annual escape.

Last edited by CautiouslyOptimistic; 4th April 2019 at 10:59 PM..
Old 4th April 2019, 11:50 PM   #40
Established Member

Perhaps the girls on the trip made a pact that this trip would be about them and they would not allow one another to spend a lot of time on the phone with their partners, etc. Honestly, if I had gotten that text on a girls' getaway, I would have felt like my husband was trying to inject himself into my vacation time to either make me feel guilty about being away from him, or distract me into answering his question (probably because any time I was ever away from my estranged husband, that is how he behaved, constant texting and asking me questions - just making sure that I was spending my time on him, somehow. So I might be biased.)
vla1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 12:15 AM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Any woman interested in cheating has no need to leave her home town. Plenty of willing men everywhere from the gym to the grocery store...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 7:56 AM   #42
Established Member

I agree with those who say that you sending that text was not cool. It screams of neediness and insecurity, as does your reaction to her response. Can you not just let the woman enjoy a fun girls trip without throwing your relationship issues into it?

Deal with it after she's home.
Crazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 1:53 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
My wife is gone on a girls getaway for a week. Ladies, how would you respond if your husband or b/f sent you a text message that said, "tell me one way I can show my love for you, anything". The context was we just texted how much we missed each other.

Guys what would you expect?
How much are you texting her? If she's on a girl's trip, I'd say don't text her unless you really need to. I'm sure you miss her, but she's only going to be gone a week.
fishlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 6:23 PM   #44
zig
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazelnut View Post
I agree with those who say that you sending that text was not cool. It screams of neediness and insecurity, as does your reaction to her response. Can you not just let the woman enjoy a fun girls trip without throwing your relationship issues into it?

Deal with it after she's home.
I'm being nice and cordial to you. The following is a response to my situation (not you personally)

That's a bunch of B.S. She's the one who when I'm out on a fishing trip with the guys blows up the phone with text messages and phone calls every half hour. And she's the one who was first texting me on how much she missed me. She initiated the text messages. I just responded in spades is all I did.

But we sure do have a firestorm of a thread here. The issue isn't the text message (that's obvious). I'm concerned that I'm not important to her anymore. The order would go something like this... kids, mom, charities, friends, Facebook then me at the bottom.

Last edited by zig; 5th April 2019 at 6:28 PM..
zig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 6:51 PM   #45
Established Member

Oh okay, in that case, yes, I can see why you feel like you're at the bottom of her priorities. Have you talked to her about it? What did she say?

Is she willing to go to marriage counseling? It sounds like maybe she is resentful about something (justified or not) and refuses to tell you.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 15th April 2019 at 11:03 AM..
fishlips is offline   Reply With Quote