LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

How can you tell if a girl likes you? (Humour me)


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree111Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2018, 9:53 PM   #46
Member
 
Popsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by coledvids View Post
Lol, wow. I would have sex if it was part of the relationship deal, but not as FWB alone.

Ideally, I would LOVE a serious relationship (with her - she seems so far to my type, very artistic and creative) but I am wise enough to know that it may not materialise in that way. So I am getting to know her. That's what this is. I don't even know her! She's pretty, and we get on (so far) but we might have differing political views or any other number of things that stop us from taking it further.

Perfect! This is good.

Popsicle.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 9:58 PM   #47
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
What a surprise.... we don't agree on anything. I really don't know why you respond to my posts...

The reason why you use the word date is to let the girl know that it's more than a friendly hang out. It's more in HOW you say it. Be cool, be smooth.
I was about to say the same to you

You wanted to be educated, I obliged.

I would bet that I've got more experience picking up women than you.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 9:59 PM   #48
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
I was about to say the same to you

You wanted to be educated, I obliged.

I would bet that I've got more experience picking up women than you.
Where's the popcorn....
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:01 PM   #49
Member
 
Popsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
I was about to say the same to you

You wanted to be educated, I obliged.

I would bet that I've got more experience picking up women than you.
I was talking to the person who made that post, not you.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:05 PM   #50
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by coledvids View Post
Define casual? I can't say that I want something SERIOUS at this stage; she may not be looking for that. I reallllllly don't want FWB. No way. I would like it ideally if we became a couple, but at the same time, I have had one coffee with her - I can't then go from that to saying hi I'd like us to be a fully committed couple. We've had one conversation - I don't know enough about her to make that decision. This is the getting to know her phase, if anything.

hmmmmm...you just dont want to mention the word commitment...i feel a big difference between men and boys is they know what they want and they go for it....of course a coupledom doesnt come from one coffee date but what does come is a man and a woman on the same page looking for the same thing...to know that thing....is a good start....

i want a guy i potentially see as more than friends to know what he wants before i date them....fi he is looking for a long term relationship then im might be the woman who is right for him....notice i say might be right for him....time will tell that....the beginning starts with two people moving in the same direction wanting the same thing....if its a view to long term commitment...adults should be able to say that openly and without hesitation....its one of the questions i ask even before i accept a date....

guys that balk and go nothin serious ya know maybe ...down the track if we get along.........whatever you decide....i tell them nicely...im not the one for you.....i ask men outright ....are you looking for a sexual relationship off the bat....again most are honest.....and say yeah im lookin for some fun not really wanting to be serious...then again its no im not the right one for you and i wish them well....

you need to know what you want if you want to find someone travelling in the same direction you are...doesnt mean you buy the ring and propose on a second date.......you just state what you are after when asked and if you are asked...its good to have a decided response in mind so you dont go err ahhh ummm not sure what i want.what ever you want babe......most adults know what they want....and mature minded honest peoples are the ones who should date because they dont waste any ones time money or feelings on a no go..........deb....
__________________
in the ache of night,luminous prayers take fragile flight,
somewhere between battalions of warring sins,
there exists hope and love for peace begins...deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:07 PM   #51
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
I was talking to the person who made that post, not you.
So angry pops, so angry.

You hate me because my views differ from yours. You accused the OP of wanting to do a pump-n-dump on this chick because he's a well adjusted adult and would like to get to know her before determining if he wants to marry her.

Chill.....
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:11 PM   #52
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
I was about to say the same to you

You wanted to be educated, I obliged.

I would bet that I've got more experience picking up women than you.
leave her alone seven.....how is this helping op....you arent so stop it....deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:11 PM   #53
Member
 
Popsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
So angry pops, so angry.

You hate me because my views differ from yours. You accused the OP of wanting to do a pump-n-dump on this chick because he's a well adjusted adult and would like to get to know her before determining if he wants to marry her.

Chill.....
I don't hate you, that's a bit much. I just find you annoying like a gnat buzzing around your face.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:14 PM   #54
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
hmmmmm...you just dont want to mention the word commitment...i feel a big difference between men and boys is they know what they want and they go for it....of course a coupledom doesnt come from one coffee date but what does come is a man and a woman on the same page looking for the same thing...to know that thing....is a good start....

i want a guy i potentially see as more than friends to know what he wants before i date them....fi he is looking for a long term relationship then im might be the woman who is right for him....notice i say might be right for him....time will tell that....the beginning starts with two people moving in the same direction wanting the same thing....if its a view to long term commitment...adults should be able to say that openly and without hesitation....its one of the questions i ask even before i accept a date....

guys that balk and go nothin serious ya know maybe ...down the track if we get along.........whatever you decide....i tell them nicely...im not the one for you.....i ask men outright ....are you looking for a sexual relationship off the bat....again most are honest.....and say yeah im lookin for some fun not really wanting to be serious...then again its no im not the right one for you and i wish them well....

you need to know what you want if you want to find someone travelling in the same direction you are...doesnt mean you buy the ring and propose on a second date.......you just state what you are after when asked and if you are asked...its good to have a decided response in mind so you dont go err ahhh ummm not sure what i want.what ever you want babe......most adults know what they want....and mature minded honest peoples are the ones who should date because they dont waste any ones time money or feelings on a no go..........deb....
Interestingly, many people find their best relationships when they are not looking. That's been he story of my life. Actually has happened when I purposely was not looking - looking to avoid.

Just because the OP isn't getting ahead of himself, doesn't make him a "boy".
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:15 PM   #55
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
I don't hate you, that's a bit much. I just find you annoying like a gnat buzzing around your face.
Im touched
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:17 PM   #56
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
hmmmmm...you just dont want to mention the word commitment...i feel a big difference between men and boys is they know what they want and they go for it....of course a coupledom doesnt come from one coffee date but what does come is a man and a woman on the same page looking for the same thing...to know that thing....is a good start....

i want a guy i potentially see as more than friends to know what he wants before i date them....fi he is looking for a long term relationship then im might be the woman who is right for him....notice i say might be right for him....time will tell that....the beginning starts with two people moving in the same direction wanting the same thing....if its a view to long term commitment...adults should be able to say that openly and without hesitation....its one of the questions i ask even before i accept a date....

guys that balk and go nothin serious ya know maybe ...down the track if we get along.........whatever you decide....i tell them nicely...im not the one for you.....i ask men outright ....are you looking for a sexual relationship off the bat....again most are honest.....and say yeah im lookin for some fun not really wanting to be serious...then again its no im not the right one for you and i wish them well....

you need to know what you want if you want to find someone travelling in the same direction you are...doesnt mean you buy the ring and propose on a second date.......you just state what you are after when asked and if you are asked...its good to have a decided response in mind so you dont go err ahhh ummm not sure what i want.what ever you want babe......most adults know what they want....and mature minded honest peoples are the ones who should date because they dont waste any ones time money or feelings on a no go..........deb....

Hello Deb - I always like your posts because I can tell you put in a lot of effort. So! Commitment... Hm. I like commitment. I'd want her and I to be exclusive, if things progressed as such. I like her. I am wary of jumping in too quickly for her (she's younger than me, and I know this can bring up certain differences). Although that is not to say that I'd go along with what SHE wants. It would be a mutual decision/progression.

This is also all unexpected. As I mentioned, she was persistent in her attempts to talk to me... I was quite content with being single - I'm not sleeping around or anything like that - I was just OK with being on my own. It's funny - they say it comes when you're not looking, and here it is.

I want to find out what type of person SHE is. I know she was with her last partner for four years and that is a long time. To me that's a good sign. It shows that she takes relationships seriously. I also do. So that's a tick.

There are other factors which I have to think about. We see each other at this place three times a week and if we became a couple.. do we tell others? How do we manage this? What if it doesn't work? Etc. In all honesty I want to sit next to her all the time, but I am respectful of the fact that she has her own friends and I also have mine and it would be quite immature of me to abandon my own friends because of some girl. If it came crashing down I wouldn't want to run back to friends licking my wounds.

At the end of the day, I want to spend more time with her. Find out whether she's seeing someone. I would like to be part of a couple with her, yes. I think there's a lot of chemistry there. She makes me feel happy, and I feel good when she is around. I like her. That's all I can really say at this point
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:19 PM   #57
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
Interestingly, many people find their best relationships when they are not looking. That's been he story of my life. Actually has happened when I purposely was not looking - looking to avoid.

Just because the OP isn't getting ahead of himself, doesn't make him a "boy".
no it doesnt and i didnt say it did....getting ahead of yourself is down on one knees seven...knowing what you want from dating and life with another person ...is simply ...prudent and mature....which is what i expect from men......
what i also notice about the difference between men and boys having adult sons of my own...is that baiting women is out.....for men....for real men anyway....boys however are the ones who pull pigtails and snicker into their hands feeling superior....when all they really want to say is ... pick me......deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:19 PM   #58
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
Interestingly, many people find their best relationships when they are not looking. That's been he story of my life. Actually has happened when I purposely was not looking - looking to avoid.

Just because the OP isn't getting ahead of himself, doesn't make him a "boy".
It's mad. I was on a six-month self-improvement quest, and I've only made it to three months.

Mad how cliches are just accurate, sometimes.
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:20 PM   #59
Established Member
 
Jj66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 1,121
You can use the word date if you want to. I never use the phrase hang out. I also do not generally use the word date. I just assume it's understood from context. One time a woman asked me afterward if this was a date. I answered by kissing her. Enough said.
__________________
"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
George Eliot
Jj66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 10:25 PM   #60
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by coledvids View Post
Hello Deb - I always like your posts because I can tell you put in a lot of effort. So! Commitment... Hm. I like commitment. I'd want her and I to be exclusive, if things progressed as such. I like her. I am wary of jumping in too quickly for her (she's younger than me, and I know this can bring up certain differences). Although that is not to say that I'd go along with what SHE wants. It would be a mutual decision/progression.

This is also all unexpected. As I mentioned, she was persistent in her attempts to talk to me... I was quite content with being single - I'm not sleeping around or anything like that - I was just OK with being on my own. It's funny - they say it comes when you're not looking, and here it is.

I want to find out what type of person SHE is. I know she was with her last partner for four years and that is a long time. To me that's a good sign. It shows that she takes relationships seriously. I also do. So that's a tick.

There are other factors which I have to think about. We see each other at this place three times a week and if we became a couple.. do we tell others? How do we manage this? What if it doesn't work? Etc. In all honesty I want to sit next to her all the time, but I am respectful of the fact that she has her own friends and I also have mine and it would be quite immature of me to abandon my own friends because of some girl. If it came crashing down I wouldn't want to run back to friends licking my wounds.

At the end of the day, I want to spend more time with her. Find out whether she's seeing someone. I would like to be part of a couple with her, yes. I think there's a lot of chemistry there. She makes me feel happy, and I feel good when she is around. I like her. That's all I can really say at this point

i didnt mean to imply that you were a boy op i mean to encourage you as a man..to go for it....maybe i worded it wrong....and it could be taken that way...what i wrote or tried to do was to motivate you..because i feel that she likes you from what you have written.and thats honest...

if you find my posts any less than motivating or encouraging my posts have failed to express my true intentions and thoughts on your situation and on you yourself......i do wish you the very best.i hope it works out ..deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a girl likes me that my friend likes and i'm still struggling with a break up calgary Friendship 1 25th February 2013 12:33 PM
Confusion - I like girl; I think girl likes me; girl on outs with previous boyfriend. masaki1085 In Search Of... 3 18th October 2007 5:44 AM
One of my friend likes this girl that likes me ... What do I do ? Mieq Friendship 0 20th February 2006 10:26 AM
the guy i like likes me and another girl who told me that she likes him ~sammy~000 General Relationship Discussion 4 25th January 2006 12:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 4:20 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.