LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > In Search Of...

How Old or Young would you Date


In Search Of... Having a hard time forming friendships or finding companions, lovers, or associates? Is someone pursuing an unwelcome relationship with you? Talk about your experiences here.

Like Tree23Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2017, 10:34 PM   #61
New Member
 
Righteous_Redd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 3
Soon to be 50 year old female here. Don't look or act/feel it. I tend to attract much younger or conversely much older men. However, my age range is as young as 40 or as old as maybe 56. I don't like extremes either way. Average age I seem to find myself with is about 5yrs my junior. I'm comfortable and confident enough in myself that this isn't an issue. My next statement makes me feel a little shallow but sex being important to me as it is in a relationship, I prefer dating younger men so that erectile issues aren't a problem. Anytime I've dated older men, the sex is disappointing and one sided or ends way way too soon for me to receive anything from it.
Righteous_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 10:42 PM   #62
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 2,175
44 year old female here and I'd say 41-55.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 11:58 PM   #63
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: east coast
Posts: 6,850
I don't really have age restrictions. I am 38, so I would date an 18 year old because she is legal age. The oldest woman I have met in person that I found attractive was 54, so I will say that is likely my limit.

Dating in your 30's is really good for a man. You can kinda date pretty much anyone you want. Younger ladies and older ones all seem to be ok with you in your 30's.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 12:50 AM   #64
Established Member
 
greymatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous_Redd View Post
Soon to be 50 year old female here. Don't look or act/feel it. I tend to attract much younger or conversely much older men. However, my age range is as young as 40 or as old as maybe 56. I don't like extremes either way. Average age I seem to find myself with is about 5yrs my junior. I'm comfortable and confident enough in myself that this isn't an issue. My next statement makes me feel a little shallow but sex being important to me as it is in a relationship, I prefer dating younger men so that erectile issues aren't a problem. Anytime I've dated older men, the sex is disappointing and one sided or ends way way too soon for me to receive anything from it.
I can relate to and feel the same about a lot of this. My dating age range was 45-55 and I was finding very few interesting men. I broadened my age range which is now 37-56 and I seem to like men in the early 40s the best. I was married for many years to a younger man and my ex-BF was younger so that is just what works, but if an amazing 56 year old came along, that would be just fine as long as everything worked well between us. I agree that sexual function is an issue and I don't want to be with someone who, starting out, has issues in that area. It's too important to me for that part to be really good.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 9:30 AM   #65
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 873
I am 46 and people have told me my age range is basically from 24 to 36. I got told that I look 18 the other day.

I need someone with a lot of energy that can handle and thrive on going to music concerts. Working out and going for long walks. I am not a homebody. I can't even handle watching TV for the most part anymore. It better be riviting to get me to watch a TV show these days.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 12:23 PM   #66
Established Member
 
greymatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
I am 46 and people have told me my age range is basically from 24 to 36. I got told that I look 18 the other day.

I need someone with a lot of energy that can handle and thrive on going to music concerts. Working out and going for long walks. I am not a homebody. I can't even handle watching TV for the most part anymore. It better be riviting to get me to watch a TV show these days.
I am a few years older and hear what you are saying. I am very fit and at a very healthy weight and walk 35-40 miles every week. My last boyfriend was younger and he could barely keep up with me. :-) I don't watch TV either though do like to watch movies. The bottom line is that age is just a number and it is who the person really is, that matters.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 8:17 PM   #67
Member
 
teak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 35
I'm 39 and I would date as young as mid 30s - as long as he does not want to have anymore children, and as old as mid 50s. Either way, there must be a solid amount of common ground that connects us.
__________________
"Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky."
teak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 7:04 PM   #68
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Super touristy town. Youve probably been here before ��
Posts: 23
I'm 26 yo female. I've always found older men (10+ years older than me) more stimulating to talk to and super attractive. If I was single, I would definitely keep my limits for both hooking up and dating men 10-12 years older.

However when I was 20 I hooked up with a 48 y/o
Throughout my entire dating life however, I've only dated guys +/-2-4 years apart.

My current husband is 4 years younger though.

If I was single, I would definitely keep my limits for both hooking up and dating men 10-12 years older. Older men just seem... more attentive and most of them are attractive. (Sigh)
crystalstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 7:12 PM   #69
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 49
I'm 23 and I'd date between 18 - 28 yo
Jamie_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 4:43 AM   #70
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 873
At 46. I think the best age for me is basically 33 to 53. If I had to shave off the ages. 37 to 47.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 1:18 AM   #71
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 41
I am 28 and I wouldn't go any younger then 25 or older then 35.
Jenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 5:46 AM   #72
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,330
25-35

-30yo woman
smiley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 6:54 AM   #73
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 924
I'm a 30 year old guy.

I generally date between 20 and 35. But I'm refining my thoughts on that currently.

20 has been too young. Too much of a generation gap.

30+ has been problematic with women pushing hard for marriage.

25 seems to be a good age for me in general. Mature, looking to settle into something, but not got baby fever.
Bastile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 8:54 AM   #74
ak2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
I don't really have age restrictions. I am 38, so I would date an 18 year old because she is legal age. The oldest woman I have met in person that I found attractive was 54, so I will say that is likely my limit.

Dating in your 30's is really good for a man. You can kinda date pretty much anyone you want. Younger ladies and older ones all seem to be ok with you in your 30's.
That was comforting! haha

If I could see into someones future I'd pick one who retains their good looks as they age. Though my age range is 18-30, I'm 29. If they act childish it is a turn off for me, but some people do this regardless of their age. I think younger women are more attractive. Those who are attracted to older looking people must be happier as they know their partner just appreciates in the looks department.
ak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 9:07 AM   #75
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by normal person View Post
Just out of curiosity, how frequently are you finding these mid-30s women being attracted to 22 year olds? Where do you meet them? How does it play out? What do they find so appealing about you? Because no woman I know over 30 (or 24, for that matter) would ever want to date a 22 year old male.

Please elaborate.
This is so not true. Women are dating this young and purely for the sex. Why do men think they are the only ones who appreciate smooth skin and a tight body?
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old enough to sleep with but too young to date jdids247 General Relationship Discussion 1 5th January 2013 11:27 AM
How To Date For Young Men Who Work a Lot? RideLightning Dating 6 21st October 2012 7:26 PM
If you LOOK young, should you date young? irc333 Dating 14 1st October 2012 8:16 PM
Am I still too young/should I date older? utohskettiohs In Search Of... 4 28th September 2010 12:46 AM
dating a young looking guy: Would date him? bigmacdude Dating 4 22nd March 2005 9:50 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:34 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.