LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Dealing with the Ex and her AP turned Hubby

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2017, 11:50 PM   #76
Established Member

Hi Striver and Singledad, guess your situations are extremely unpalatable and yet life has handed you this lemon. If it is any consolation to you just remember we come into this life to learn lessons which really speaking, are of our own choosing. If you ever happen to read the life story of Sylvia Browne, the great American psychic, you will get a greater insight into what the whole business of life is all about. I do not want to go into detail about it here but if you do happen to read her story you will find it very illuminating especially as it applies to your own situation. Warm wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 1:05 PM   #77

The most difficult part to stomach is thinking about how much time I was robbed of with my kids because of someone else's selfishness. On top of that, her affair partner turned husband sees my kids more than I do as a result of that.

Living in two different counties made things better for the kids to not have to live out of a backpack every day and me driving them to school 1.5 hours every morning just wasn't an option with my employer.

These are days I'll never get back with them. So, I belly the ***** sandwich that's served to me and just think about how I'm doing it to make their lives easier. I just wish some times the Karma train would hurry up and pay them a visit for their blatant disregard for any of the lives tangled up in this.. But that's not a healthy was to live life either.
SingleDad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 1:32 PM   #78
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleDad82 View Post
The most difficult part to stomach is thinking about how much time I was robbed of with my kids because of someone else's selfishness. On top of that, her affair partner turned husband sees my kids more than I do as a result of that.

Living in two different counties made things better for the kids to not have to live out of a backpack every day and me driving them to school 1.5 hours every morning just wasn't an option with my employer.

These are days I'll never get back with them. So, I belly the ***** sandwich that's served to me and just think about how I'm doing it to make their lives easier. I just wish some times the Karma train would hurry up and pay them a visit for their blatant disregard for any of the lives tangled up in this.. But that's not a healthy was to live life either.
As a fellow Christian man who doesn't always think the Christian way...if I was in your shoes I would hope she met her maker and judger soon and then the kids would be back with me. Of course, I am the most loyal guy in the world but if someone messes with me I am very vindictive. And I don't feel like changing.
BTDT2012 likes this.
40somethingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 9:06 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40somethingGuy View Post
As a fellow Christian man who doesn't always think the Christian way...if I was in your shoes I would hope she met her maker and judger soon and then the kids would be back with me. Of course, I am the most loyal guy in the world but if someone messes with me I am very vindictive. And I don't feel like changing.
I would never wish for physical harm on the mother of my children. But it doesn't mean the pain of not having my kids in my life as much as I wanted in life doesn't make me really dislike her. She's not a good person. But that's her burden to carry. It just sucks living with the fact that she served up turd sandwiches while shes casually just waltzes through like destroying people's lives with her affair partner and acts like shes in a "healthy" relationship... it's nonsense and makes me want to gag.
SingleDad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 9:19 AM   #80
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleDad82 View Post
I would never wish for physical harm on the mother of my children. But it doesn't mean the pain of not having my kids in my life as much as I wanted in life doesn't make me really dislike her. She's not a good person. But that's her burden to carry. It just sucks living with the fact that she served up turd sandwiches while shes casually just waltzes through like destroying people's lives with her affair partner and acts like shes in a "healthy" relationship... it's nonsense and makes me want to gag.
What does your kids know about the affair and
the OM?
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 9:42 AM   #81
Established Member

op,
I know it's hard, but think of it as you are doing what you do for your kids.
One day, even if it doesn't feel like it now, your decision to be the bigger person here will pay off for you.