LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Good first date but now what?


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree44Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2017, 2:41 PM   #31
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
Because she took time out of her busy family time to say hello. Why can't you be happy with that?

If she doesn't text you're upset and if she does text you're still upset because it's not enough. You need to look into why you want to control this situation instead of letting it unfold naturally.
exactly this^^^^ I'd say she is playing it cool or busy (very likely).....or losing interest. If she is losing interest don't take yourself and your actions out of the equation. In other words, if I felt a guy was being needy and it was out of balance at the beginning, I would lose interest. Don't underestimate that you are not transmitting that vibe in your words, your actions and tone of your texts. It's here in your thread and sure it is in your texts to her. Instead of enjoying your momentary texts with her over the break, you are analyzing them and waiting on pins and needles.

The text you sent most recently has the heavy weight of expectation and desperation rather than just fun, lighthearted. Again you are sticking with the boring, literal theme of trading plot stories AND yours has almost nothing to offer ("quiet Christmas", etc etc and then pouncing on her for an answer about golf). Sorry not trying to be harsh with you but this is how I would perceive your text and be losing interest. It's almost like you are stubbornly sticking to your method and lack of game and then are going to blame her when it doesn't work out (as evidenced by some of the things you threw out regarding the potential relationship here on this thread).

You need to look at the way you go about things and what Gaeta said above. I would find this vibe suffocating. Even if you think you are concealing it, it is apparent and no doubt she is picking up on it in some way or another. Sorry.
Gaeta likes this.
__________________
Everybody's like: He's no item,Please don't like em, He don't wife em, He one nights em,I never listened No. I shoulda figured though. All that sh*t you was spittin',So unoriginal, But it was you. So I was with it. Then tell you the truth, Wish we never did it. If you was really the realest, Wouldn't be fightin' it.I think your pride is just...In the way
Versacehottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 2:50 PM   #32
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 81
So I get told on here not to text her much and when I do just to arrange the next date. I do that, she gives me silence and now I'm getting called needy and she has seen that? That's bull****.

I admit in this thread I am needy but have done nothing in texts to her this week to show that. Seems like females trying to justify poor behaviour that they wouldn't like from a male who encouraged interest after a first date.
Sbla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 4:18 PM   #33
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbla22 View Post
Update:

She eventually replied nearly 2 days later saying 'Christmas was good, nice to see everyone. Did you have a good one?'

So I replied 30 minutes later 'Yes was a quiet one but nice spending time with family. Do you know when you are back next week yet? Was thinking we could go to crazy golf Wednesday or Thursday?'

She read the message but hasn't replied and it's been around 5 hours.

Girls - please give me an honest view - is there any justification for the time taken to reply getting so large other than she's not totally interested?
This is needy (bolded). And anxious. The succession of questions without any other substance but to potentially build on a connection and show a playful side and some personality were not there--in spite of her giving you an opening for it and some breathing time to have done something fun and have a life of your own to report back to her. If you just come with "when can I see you" essentially and show nothing of your personality than you don't have much and it's a generic connection. Also it IS transparent to people when they are dealing with someone with anxiety and insecurities--no matter what those who are trying to conceal it think.

You will get a multitude of answers on a forum such as this. Often they will be on polar ends of the spectrum; many times there will be a general consensus. I don't recall my advice being to text less (only if you could not manage to have some traction with a playful and fun conversation--newsflash some guys are able to do that regularly). It's up to you to filter the answers as they pertain to your situation and realize that often the very fact that we are removed from the situation allows us to have a greater clarity than you might while in it or because it is about you. You are asking for girls' advice and have also offered the actual conversations that have taken place. I don't represent all girls but am fairly similar to a decent amount of them and am saying I would find that boring and it is losing steam if there ever was any.

Other things that are seeping through your posts is a general hostility toward women which she may not be able to put her finger on but will be able to feel an uneasiness about moving forward with someone that has an air of possessiveness, neediness or controlling nature. I get that it's hard to open yourself to constructive criticism here but you did and now don't like what you are hearing. That doesn't mean it's wrong. Hope it works out for the best. Good luck
Gaeta likes this.
Versacehottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 4:56 PM   #34
Established Member
 
Gaeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,888
OP didn't you say in your opening that you wanted to take things slow for a change? Then why put yourself through this anxiety. She is not going to forget about you.

Years ago I met a man and went on 1 date. He had to leave town for 3 weeks but it was sudden and in a bit of emergency so he didn't warn me, after all we had 1 date he didn't owe me anything. I tried to call him once, no reply, I thought 'oh well' and forgot about it. After his emergency was taken care of he came back, called me and we picked things from there and were 4 years together.

So, stop torturing yourself with what is going on with her. She is away on holidays, she's with family and busy. When she comes back then play your best cards.

Meanwhile, if you were good at texting I would agree you keep in touch with her but after a couple of pages I realize you're not, sorry. You sound dull over text and too stressed to be yourself and to make her laugh. For this reason, I think you should do as little as possible over text. The risk of you damaging the little bit of interest she may have is too high.
__________________
'' The Biggest Coward Is A Man Who Awakens A Woman's Love With No Intention Of Loving Her '' - Bob Marley
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 1:14 PM   #35
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 81
She got back to me today and said 'not too sure when I'm heading home yet. Still lots of friends to catch up with. Should be home by Thursday though, I'll let you know x'

I'm still uncertain her interest levels are high but I'm thinking of leaving it at that now and wait for her to let me know next week - although should I send a happy new year in between?
Sbla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 1:19 PM   #36
Established Member
 
Gaeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbla22 View Post
- although should I send a happy new year in between?
Of course you should
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 3:14 PM   #37
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,140
Text her "ok, get in touch with me when you are back." ( she is not supposed to reply to this one until she's back ).

Then no more texts.

No happy new year. Nothing. Silence until she is back and texts you, at which point you make a date.

You can't handle her delays in replying, so don't do this to yourself. You are starting to get upset at her and at "females". No more for you. I hereby confiscate your phone!
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 3:17 PM   #38
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,140
By the way, I don't think you're needy. I think you're temperamental.
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 3:22 PM   #39
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 81
Agh! Conflicting advice again

I didn't reply to her text this morning. I basically left it assuming when she's home she will let me know. If I don't hear from her by this time next week I will then assume she isn't interested and was just trying to be nice in today's message.
Maggie4 likes this.
Sbla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 3:41 PM   #40
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 60
You will get conflicting advice because there isn’t One True Answer. I would’ve acknowledged her latest text with something simple (“Alright ”) and then waited for her to reach out again.
MaleIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 8:22 PM   #41
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 4,753
Edited for update. I like your plan

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 28th December 2017 at 8:25 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 4:55 PM   #42
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbla22 View Post
Agh! Conflicting advice again

I didn't reply to her text this morning. I basically left it assuming when she's home she will let me know. If I don't hear from her by this time next week I will then assume she isn't interested and was just trying to be nice in today's message.
It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out this week. Never really been in this position before where I had a first date and then because of her going home for Christmas/NY the second date has been up in the air.

So after she said she will let me know but should be home by Thursday I didn't respond for 3 days and then last night I text her a happy new years little message. She replied wishing me the same and sent a picture of herself dressed up for a fancy dress party she was going to. I replied and made a joke about it and she sent a 'haha' and asked what I was doing to which I told her I was going to a house party and then she didn't reply which I wasn't expecting anyway.

So now that tomorrow is the 2nd it's the time really where normal life should resume and I'll be able to find out if she's actually interested or not. I mean I'm assuming if she really did want to see me again then she would text me tomorrow or Wednesday to take me up on my orginal thursday offer for Crazy Golf? I'd probably expect to hear by the end of tomorrow really as that would show me she values my feelings enough to let me know in good time if I should keep Thursday free for her or not.

What do we think? I'm 50/50 about what will happen!
Sbla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 5:11 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbla22 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out this week. Never really been in this position before where I had a first date and then because of her going home for Christmas/NY the second date has been up in the air.

So after she said she will let me know but should be home by Thursday I didn't respond for 3 days and then last night I text her a happy new years little message. She replied wishing me the same and sent a picture of herself dressed up for a fancy dress party she was going to. I replied and made a joke about it and she sent a 'haha' and asked what I was doing to which I told her I was going to a house party and then she didn't reply which I wasn't expecting anyway.

So now that tomorrow is the 2nd it's the time really where normal life should resume and I'll be able to find out if she's actually interested or not. I mean I'm assuming if she really did want to see me again then she would text me tomorrow or Wednesday to take me up on my orginal thursday offer for Crazy Golf? I'd probably expect to hear by the end of tomorrow really as that would show me she values my feelings enough to let me know in good time if I should keep Thursday free for her or not.

What do we think? I'm 50/50 about what will happen!
Not sure why you couldn't have just complimented her on her fancy dress instead of making a joke about it, but whatever.

You sound so much like another poster we've had here who is also British and obsesses over stuff like this......haven't seen him in a while.....

Text her Wednesday night if you don't hear from her before then.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 5:20 PM   #44
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Not sure why you couldn't have just complimented her on her fancy dress instead of making a joke about it, but whatever.

You sound so much like another poster we've had here who is also British and obsesses over stuff like this......haven't seen him in a while.....

Text her Wednesday night if you don't hear from her before then.
I said 'very impressive! Looks great! Suppose you can't talk to anyone all night though? ' (she was a mime)

Well she said she would let me know so if I haven't heard from her by even mid wednesday I can't help but take that as she isn't interested.

Other way round if a guy told you he'd let you know about seeing you on thursday and hadn't got in touch by Wednesday evening you'd assume no interest right?
Sbla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 5:40 PM   #45
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbla22 View Post
I said 'very impressive! Looks great! Suppose you can't talk to anyone all night though? ' (she was a mime)

Well she said she would let me know so if I haven't heard from her by even mid wednesday I can't help but take that as she isn't interested.

Other way round if a guy told you he'd let you know about seeing you on thursday and hadn't got in touch by Wednesday evening you'd assume no interest right?
Yep, I sure would.

And thanks for the clarification about your comment. Very cute then .
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good 1st date. Kissed me, texted first. 2nd date resp- legit or blow off? ThisisIt606 Dating 2 17th October 2016 11:48 AM
Seemingly Good First Date, But No Second Date atothe Dating 21 9th July 2015 8:47 PM
Double date for first date? Any good outcomes? unbeknown Dating 1 11th February 2015 8:20 PM
Is 2nd date a good sign?Even though we didn't kiss on 1st date? purple30 Dating 1 24th August 2013 10:02 PM
a date soon..not sure if his apartment sounds like a good first date? Patty Dating 22 20th February 2010 11:34 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:56 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.