LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Approched my gym crush

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th October 2017, 8:44 PM   #16
Established Member

sounds like a catch. a guy completely unwilling to approach you and doesn't have grammar skills.
Sm12345 likes this.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 9:13 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
sounds like a catch. a guy completely unwilling to approach you and doesn't have grammar skills.
LOL I have to say that's what it looks like now. lol
Tiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 9:17 PM   #18
Established Member

Maybe he meant he's not as jacked as you and thinks that makes a huge difference to you.
Old 6th October 2017, 9:18 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga View Post
LOL I have to say that's what it looks like now. lol
That's Ok too. The fact that a person may look and smile doesn't mean they necessarily want to date us.
newmoon and Tiga like this.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 9:29 PM   #20
Established Member

"you're embarrassed of me" = "you're being too shy"?

Well, at least it's what I think he meant.
Tiga likes this.
EthanSPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 9:46 PM   #21
Established Member

I give you huge kudos to having the balls to approach him. It's clear he's interested, and you likewise. Mr. Cheese...LOL, I'm so excited for you just reading all this! The "embarrassed" comment, is probably not the best choice of words, but people can be self-deprecating when they're nervous or they don't want to draw attention or want to assure themselves YOU don't think badly of them; it's a pretty natural response to a degree. "That dress is gorgeous!" "What? This old thing?" I wouldn't put much stock into the comment. He was seeking some validation; he's every bit as nervous and insecure as you are. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable approaching you, now that you've approached him, and you can see where it goes.
Tiga likes this.
act00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 9:59 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by act00 View Post
I give you huge kudos to having the balls to approach him. It's clear he's interested, and you likewise. Mr. Cheese...LOL, I'm so excited for you just reading all this! The "embarrassed" comment, is probably not the best choice of words, but people can be self-deprecating when they're nervous or they don't want to draw attention or want to assure themselves YOU don't think badly of them; it's a pretty natural response to a degree. "That dress is gorgeous!" "What? This old thing?" I wouldn't put much stock into the comment. He was seeking some validation; he's every bit as nervous and insecure as you are. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable approaching you, now that you've approached him, and you can see where it goes.
Aww thanks so much. It is very exciting, I will keep you posted. It took a lot for me to approach, but when you actually do it, it really isn't bad at all.

I think I built this insecurity and nervousness in my head. Anyway, I agree I said some really silly things as well, but it's because I was nervous and actually talking to someone I really liked. I haven't felt like this in a long time, Ahhhh the early stages of affection where the butterflies just flow. I have to admit it's a great and exciting feeling. I can't wait to see him again, I feel like a little kid
Old 6th October 2017, 11:29 PM   #23
Established Member

I'm sure he said/meant to that the op was probably embarresed by all the staring and his cheesy grin...
Probably just lost a bit in translation.

Ifs funny, yet another tale on loveshack of a guy staring at a woman in the gym creating excitement, despite all the people claiming that that's creepy.

Next time you chat op, just ask him out, because it looks like he's either too scared to do it, or maybe he's already in a relationship.
Tiga likes this.

Last edited by joseb; 6th October 2017 at 11:32 PM..
joseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 2:34 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseb View Post
I'm sure he said/meant to that the op was probably embarresed by all the staring and his cheesy grin...
Probably just lost a bit in translation.

Ifs funny, yet another tale on loveshack of a guy staring at a woman in the gym creating excitement, despite all the people claiming that that's creepy.

Next time you chat op, just ask him out, because it looks like he's either too scared to do it, or maybe he's already in a relationship.
Thanks, I definitely feel like he likes me. I actually have no doubt now and usually my instincts are on point. I guess when the right guy stares and the energy exchange is there then it works.

I kind of feel like maybe he wanted to wait and was nervous. In addition maybe he is unsure if I will give him my number since he is younger. But at this point he needs to go for it. I am so excited I really like him.
Old 7th October 2017, 2:54 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanSPK View Post
"you're embarrassed of me" = "you're being too shy"?

Well, at least it's what I think he meant.

That's what I thought, but then other people said he could have meant like "I am embarrassing you smiling at you so much".

Well either way its kind of cute, but he needs to do his job now. I am going to the gym shortly so I will let you guys know. I know it's great hearing success stories. For a change.
Old 7th October 2017, 8:54 PM   #26
Established Member

What does this convo look like?

So update...

He came to the gym I was on the smith machine because the squat rack was taken (it's right next to the smith machine). Anyway I had to go use the restroom so I left. When I came back the person that was using the squat rack was gone and he ( I'll call him John), John, was using the squat rack. I giggled inside. He was squatting heavy, at least for me it was heavy. He was squatting like 335 or so... & I was thinking damn!

So I kind of glance at him and now we are see each other because we are right next to each other. I do my thing on the smith machine and when I am done he looks at me and waves as he is putting weights on. I smiles back.

Anyway we knock out a few sets, then we make eye contact again and he starts taking of his headphones, so I take mine off....

The convo went like this:

John: doing legs today huh?
Me: yea, lightish today
Me: I wish I can squat as much as you
John: I used to squat more but don't want to get injured
Me: for sure, rather be safe than sorry
John: But you look great, your legs they look strong...not in a weird way
Me: Thanks, I'm trying to get on your level

In the meantime someone does something stupid in the gym and drops weights, & we both look over and I am like omg I hope he is ok

John: Where do you live
Me: like 4 minute away..such and such street name
John: oh ok, I live blah blah, you know where that is
Me: oh yea, that is kind of far
John: it's only a mile
Me: lol well with traffic it takes a little longer
John: what are you doing today
Me: nothing much, relaxing, there is a special even in the city so trying to stay away from it
John: yea me and my friends are probably just drinking
Me: yea I don't do much, basically the gym is my second home
John: smiling at me
Me: well I don't want to distract you from your workout
John: oh no you are fine
Me: Where is that shirt from
John: Oh idk its old
Me: It looks familiar
John: Maybe you saw me wear it before
Me: Maybe
John: ok well I guess i'll get back to squatting
Me: ok good luck

We both do out reps, he leaves and goes to another area after his squats
I stick around and later I go to a stretching area and he is laving and waves by at me, I wave back

ughhhhhhhhh, I guess he is testing the waters and he is SHY, just like me
LOL
Old 8th October 2017, 9:56 AM   #27
Established Member

Somebody needs to slap John!

You are giving him all the clear, and I mean crystal clear, signals. And all John has to say is "Want to go out"

Seriously WTF John!!!
planb1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 10:15 AM   #28
Established Member

Gay possibly? I don’t know any straight guy who wouldn’t escalate with a girl he likes, especially when she has given him so many hints.
newmoon likes this.
Old 8th October 2017, 10:27 AM   #29
Established Member

I know it is not easy but when he said "what are you doing today" you should have said "got time to grab a coffee after?" I dunno, maybe easier said than done.

But yeah he had an open door to ask you and didn't, but it seems lIke there is hope.

Best of luck!
smackie9 and joseb like this.
Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 10:45 AM   #30
Established Member

No John doesn't see any signals from you so he didn't bother. Man alive do you not know how to flirt? Like "wow that sounds fun, where are you guys going?"

That has to be the most boring conversation going. There was a ton of opportunity to insert some flirty comments. He gave you a compliments, he hinted he liked being around you, and even mentioned going out and doing something and all you could respond with "yea I don't do much, basically the gym is my second home" That says, I have no life, I am boring, and I find things boring, I am a downer.

John: Where do you live
Me: like 4 minute away..such and such street name
John: oh ok, I live blah blah, you know where that is
Me: oh yea, that is kind of far (negative)
John: it's only a mile (trying to be positive)
Me: lol well with traffic it takes a little longer (negative)
John: what are you doing today (Conversation going nowhere, changes subject)
Me: nothing much, relaxing, there is a special even in the city so trying to stay away from it (negative again)
John: yea me and my friends are probably just drinking (trying to be positive about it)
Me: yea I don't do much, basically the gym is my second home (negative, downer)
John: smiling at me (Trying to make things light)
Me: well I don't want to distract you from your workout (putting on the brakes, pushing him away)
John: oh no you are fine (hinting he does like you and wants to talk to you more)
Me: Where is that shirt from (random and meaningless)
John: Oh idk its old (confused why the conversation went to this)
Me: It looks familiar
John: Maybe you saw me wear it before
Me: Maybe
John: ok well I guess i'll get back to squatting (he's thinking, well she doesn't seem very interested)
Me: ok good luck

Sorry but if you don't give him signals that you like him and want to go out with him, he's not going to do anything. There are a lot of guys out there, shy or not, that don't invest in anything with a girl unless she give him some indication she is really into him.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.

Last edited by smackie9; 8th October 2017 at 10:48 AM..
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote