I think I know why girls aren't interested in me

Ross PK

It's well known that people attract other people who look similar to themselves.

And it does seem to be true (except for Hollywood couples), whenever I see a couple together, they always do have very similar faces.

Yet I've never seen a girl who has a similar face to mine, so I guess that's why I'm not able to get a girl, because there aren't any that look similar to me.

It's strange though because I still find girls attractive who look nothing like me.

Don't think that's true man! I've had all kinds of girls into me. Tall, small, blonde, brunette, slim, larger etc. Don't beat yourself up and look for excuses. Just go out and be yourself. I know it sounds like bs advice but it's so true!

• Author
Don't think that's true man! I've had all kinds of girls into me. Tall, small, blonde, brunette, slim, larger etc. Don't beat yourself up and look for excuses. Just go out and be yourself. I know it sounds like bs advice but it's so true!

I mean girls who look very similar facially. It doesn't matter about hair colour or body.

Once again that seems hard to believe. Men and women have different facial structures. People with similar facial structures to me are men. Would you want to date someone who looks like you?

My advice is the same regardless.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Not to come across as harsh, but you are in denial. Stop making excuses, work on your flaws, and just get out there. It is absolutely ridiculous to believe that women only go for men that look similar to them. I can't even begin to comprehend that.

Yes, I have certain preferences in my women. However, I do not look at someone and try to analyze their facial structure and whether it bears any similarities to my own. I'm sure women don't as well. Not even subconsciously.

*btw* where did you get this "well known knowledge" that you speak of?

Cracker Jack

I never see much of this in my city. To be honest, this is my first time even hearing a theory like this:laugh:

I don't really agree. There can be quite a few reasons why women aren't into you, but it's most likely not this.

• Author
Once again that seems hard to believe. Men and women have different facial structures. People with similar facial structures to me are men. Would you want to date someone who looks like you?

My advice is the same regardless.

You're not getting what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

• Author
Not to come across as harsh, but you are in denial. Stop making excuses, work on your flaws, and just get out there. It is absolutely ridiculous to believe that women only go for men that look similar to them. I can't even begin to comprehend that.

Yes, I have certain preferences in my women. However, I do not look at someone and try to analyze their facial structure and whether it bears any similarities to my own. I'm sure women don't as well. Not even subconsciously.

*btw* where did you get this "well known knowledge" that you speak of?

TV, media, even on those shows that are about sexual attraction. And like I said, whenever I see couples in real life they always look like each other facially.

Check out this link, http://www.physorg.com/news199509031.html

Ross, I've seen the research you refer to, but I do think it's highly unlikely that you have been created with an 'unmatchable' facial structure. I've seen your photos and I don't think your face looks particularly different from other faces. I also get a sense that you interpret that research a bit too literally. I would encourage you to consider what GT wrote in your other thread in the self improvement section.

• Author
Ross, I've seen the research you refer to, but I do think it's highly unlikely that you have been created with an 'unmatchable' facial structure. I've seen your photos and I don't think your face looks particularly different from other faces. I also get a sense that you interpret that research a bit too literally. I would encourage you to consider what GT wrote in your other thread in the self improvement section.

The reason why I can't get a girl is nothing to do with my personality.

The reason why I can't get a girl is nothing to do with my personality.

How do you know?

What.... none of my girlfriends have looked anything like me, in fact you could call them complete opposites. I'm a tall white dude, with blonde hair and green eyes with a huge jaw line and I dated a fairly tall black girl from Haiti who was about as dark as they get, and and a 5'0 Japanese girl with a rounded face.

Bad excuse bro...

• Author
How do you know?

Because I've been happy, confident, had high self esteem, talkative, and I know my social skills are okay. Yet still girls just weren't attracted to me.

• Author
What.... none of my girlfriends have looked anything like me, in fact you could call them complete opposites. I'm a tall white dude, with blonde hair and green eyes with a huge jaw line and I dated a fairly tall black girl from Haiti who was about as dark as they get, and and a 5'0 Japanese girl with a rounded face.

Bad excuse bro...

You've not understood what I said either.

You've not understood what I said either.

Facially, yes. Both of these girls did not look anything like me. I have small lips, they both have puffy lips. Their faces are shaped completely different, they both have rounder faces, while I have a more angular face. I have deep set eyes both of them don't. I have a narrower nose, the Hatian girl had a wider nose, the Japanese girls eyes are completely different than my white folk eyes, the Japanese girl has a high cheekbones, I don't. Again, complete opposites facially.

This is a poor excuse for having trouble with women.

• Author
Facially, yes. Both of these girls did not look anything like me. I have small lips, they both have puffy lips. Their faces are shaped completely different, they both have rounder faces, while I have a more angular face. I have deep set eyes both of them don't. I have a narrower nose, the Hatian girl had a wider nose, the Japanese girls eyes are completely different than my white folk eyes, the Japanese girl has a high cheekbones, I don't. Again, complete opposites facially.

This is a poor excuse for having trouble with women.

Looks like it's possible to attract someone who doesn't look like you then, if you're telling the truth.

It still could be quite rare for it to happen though.

Because I've been happy, confident, had high self esteem, talkative, and I know my social skills are okay. Yet still girls just weren't attracted to me.

These are not attractive personality features in and of themselves.

• Author

(cont from last post, since I'm not able to edit it anymore)

If it is common though, then obviously, not looking similar to any girls can't be the reason for why I can't get them, and it must be something else, like pheremones or whatever

• Author
These are not attractive personality features in and of themselves.

I find it hard to believe that despite being happy, confident, having self esteem, and having good enough social skills, that my personality is 100% repulsive.

I've always managed to have plenty of friends.

And the majority of people with personalities that aren't that great/attractive, still manage to get girls/have relationships.

So how I am as a person has nothing to do with this.

The fact that people have dating analyzed down to a science, literally (with pheromones and facial structure) is ridiculous. It really isn't that hard to get a girl. Go to a bar, coffee shop, wherever. Have the "I don't care" mentality and just start up a conversation.

There are 3 billion women on Earth, theres bound to be someone out there for you. Possibly lower your standards? Best of luck to you, you'll be fine. Just get out there.

I find it hard to believe that despite being happy, confident, having self esteem, and having good enough social skills, that my personality is 100% repulsive.

I've always managed to have plenty of friends.

And the majority of people with personalities that aren't that great/attractive, still manage to get girls/have relationships.

So how I am as a person has nothing to do with this.

I actually have a friend that is similar to you. His age is a lot younger, but I can see this happening to him later in life. He is a decent human being, not socially awkward, and has some things going for him.

However, he just can't seem to get a girl. Ever. Physically, he is just an average male. Nothing special, not repulsive. I believe it has a lot to do with maturity level, your confidence, your ability to interact with people, and whether you are a pushover or not. Pushover in the sense that, you don't stand up for yourself or afraid to take risks in life.