LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Is 3 Business days too long if a employer is interested?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2012, 9:22 PM   #91
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
Because they are really only suited for recent college grads who live at home not someone with tons of work experience and living on their own like me.

If a recent college grad doesn't get hired after 3 months it's no biggie since they are not paying rent or bills
Perhaps agencies are different in the US, but when I worked in one, we recruited people with 3-15 years' experience into managerial and C-suite roles for huge companies.

Headhunting for senior roles is usually handled by agencies, often times due to the need for discretion. Roles like these aren't usually advertised on mainstream channels.

So, not only would you be missing out on someone doing the heavy lifting of job-hunting for you, you'd also miss out on many senior jobs. Not to mention someone who will help to promote your skillset to a potential employer - if you're not good at doing this yourself, then you need all the help you can get.
january2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 9:23 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Grant View Post
Yet you haven't found work for yourself. Altruistic or idiotic? You decide.
I;m pretty confident I can send myself on more interviews without a agency
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 9:25 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by january2011 View Post
Perhaps agencies are different in the US, but when I worked in one, we recruited people with 3-15 years' experience into managerial and C-suite roles for huge companies.

Headhunting for senior roles is usually handled by agencies, often times due to the need for discretion. Roles like these aren't usually advertised on mainstream channels.

So, not only would you be missing out on someone doing the heavy lifting of job-hunting for you, you'd also miss out on many senior jobs. Not to mention someone who will help to promote your skillset to a potential employer - if you're not good at doing this yourself, then you need all the help you can get.
I have been good doing it myself which is why I shouldn't have wasted my time with the agency. Like that job interview I had last week which from my own seeking which I will continue.
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 9:30 PM   #94
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
I have been good doing it myself which is why I shouldn't have wasted my time with the agency. Like that job interview I had last week which from my own seeking which I will continue.
Okay, PhillyDude, good luck with it. I'm sure you'll be back to let us know how it's going.
january2011 is offline   Reply With Quote