LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Rape culture.

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2015, 2:08 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambolini View Post
Like rape culture?
Hi! You sound exactly like the kind of guy who would be a disciple of this character called Roosh V. Are you? Fess up!! For others who might not be like minded (most guys on here I hope!! ), he makes a lot of $$ going around the world on lecture tours and selling books; you can even get a "gold membership" to his forum for $21 in case you didn't know - but I bet you do!

Anyway, RAPE CULTURE exists as long as a man who preaches THIS has a massive following of men. I don't need any more examples, besides real life experiences.

Quote:
I thought about this problem and am sure I have the solution: make rape legal if done on private property. I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds.

The exception for public rape is aimed at those seedy and deranged men who randomly select their rape victims on alleys and jogging trails, but not as a mechanism to prevent those rapes, since the verdict is still out if punishment stops a committed criminal mind, but to have a way to keep them off the streets. For all other rapes, however, especially if done in a dwelling or on private property, any and all rape that happens should be completely legal.

If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone. If rape becomes legal, a girl will not enter an impaired state of mind where she can’t resist being dragged off to a bedroom with a man who she is unsure of—she’ll scream, yell, or kick at his attempt while bystanders are still around. If rape becomes legal, she will never be unchaperoned with a man she doesn’t want to sleep with. After several months of advertising this law throughout the land, rape would be virtually eliminated on the first day it is applied.

Without daddy government to protect her, a girl would absolutely not enter a private room with a man she doesn’t know or trust unless she is absolutely sure she is ready to sleep with him.
Guys go to seminars to "learn" about these ideas. Rape culture.
Rejected Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 2:45 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejected Rosebud View Post
Lol. Take notes ladies!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCm8C21pXdQ
lollipopspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 3:08 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopspot View Post
How about I see your video and raise you one interview with a prominent feminist from the UK?

An Interview with Julie Bindel ? RadFem Collective

Oh, but men have nothing to fear from dating feminists. Nope.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 3:10 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
How about I see your video and raise you one interview with a prominent feminist from the UK?

An Interview with Julie Bindel ? RadFem Collective
The Roosh stuff was posted in response to one Roosh follower who denies the existence of "rape culture." I think that was pertinent to this thread.
Old 15th December 2015, 3:38 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Oh, but men have nothing to fear from dating feminists. Nope.
Uh, that lady is a lesbian, you don't have to worry about it. She seems to belong to a non mainstream version of feminism (a certain type of radical feminism), and takes violence against women and how it is perpetuated by the sex industry seriously (violent and degrading images and their impact on society, as well as the harm to the underclass of prostitutes who appear in the films). I quickly skimmed it, but I do not like some of the rhetoric she uses there - so I understand some discomfort with that - but I do think violence and the threat of violence underpins women's inequality. And I think it's a big problem - far bigger than thinking you might pay for a date, is fearing you'll be targeted for rape or worse as a part of normal existence because of your gender. I also see gender as a construct that normalizes inequality. I think it would help both men and women to evolve and fully express themselves if we recognized gender as a construct.
cja likes this.

Last edited by lollipopspot; 15th December 2015 at 3:51 AM..
lollipopspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 6:32 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Hi! You sound exactly like the kind of guy who would be a disciple of this character called Roosh V. Are you? Fess up!! For others who might not be like minded (most guys on here I hope!! ), he makes a lot of $$ going around the world on lecture tours and selling books; you can even get a "gold membership" to his forum for $21 in case you didn't know - but I bet you do!

Anyway, RAPE CULTURE exists as long as a man who preaches THIS has a massive following of men. I don't need any more examples, besides real life experiences.

The vast majority of men do not believe that rape should be legal on private property. It shouldn't be legal anywhere.
Old 15th December 2015, 8:52 AM   #22
Established Member

How can there be a rape culture when no one in the whole western world encourages rape openly?

At best you could say there is a rape underground. Sounds like a sensationalist discussion to me.
ManyDissapoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 9:26 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyDissapoint View Post
How can there be a rape culture when no one in the whole western world encourages rape openly?

At best you could say there is a rape underground. Sounds like a sensationalist discussion to me.
A 'culture' does not need things to be said/encouraged 'openly' in order for them to be part of it. There are plenty of cultural norms that are not explicitly stated.
Old 15th December 2015, 5:49 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
The vast majority of men do not believe that rape should be legal on private property. It shouldn't be legal anywhere.
Of COURSE I know this, any guy I know would knock this fool down. Still, the fact that he has a massive following pretty much proves that "rape culture" exists. Otherwise there would be no way such a concept could get an audience!
Old 15th December 2015, 5:51 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyDissapoint View Post

"ROOSH" is quite open about his beliefs that it should not be illegal. His seminars are open to everyone - well, if you're a guy anyway - and anyone can read his forum or look at his YouTube channel. Where you can find him espousing about how rape should be legal on private property.
Old 15th December 2015, 6:33 PM   #26
Established Member

I was raped by my ex husband..we were married over 10 yrs. and I drank too much one night. Instead of giving me water and putting me to bed, he raped me. I know because the only thing that I could remember is him between my legs and me saying no...no. I asked him the next morning if we had 'sex'.. it was a very f*cking pointed question..to which he said with a laugh....what..you don't remember? Some things you never forget. That was the last time we had sex and I filed for divorce a few weeks later.

After our divorce (and yrs. later) he asked me the last time we had sex. I looked him square in the eye and said, 'what, you don't remember?' He looked me square right back and said nothing. I said 'you know the last time we had sex.' He lowered his eyes and did not say a word.

This is how some/a lot of rape goes men. It is insidious.
We get along today; we don't fight, he does not pay alimony or even child support....we have 50/50 custody and though I do not respect him, I made a decision to put parenting above any pettiness/contempt.

The only reason that I am in the position to walk away, ask for nothing and leave him to himself is because of feminism.

He is an a**hole but he loves his kids and I will not interfere. The court system, even in the south, is taking the father's parental rights into consideration and making judgements that reflect less bias. I fully support this and I fully and wholeheartedly support women who are able to fulfill educational and professional goals beyond the 'good ole' boy' mentality.

Men....women are not out to get you. Either choose better partners or be a better man.
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 6:39 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
"ROOSH" is quite open about his beliefs that it should not be illegal. His seminars are open to everyone - well, if you're a guy anyway - and anyone can read his forum or look at his YouTube channel. Where you can find him espousing about how rape should be legal on private property.
I don't deny that rape culture exists in some places, like college campuses for example. How do we fix that? Women should take self defense classes? I'm all for it.
SwordofFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 7:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordofFlame View Post
I don't deny that rape culture exists in some places, like college campuses for example. How do we fix that? Women should take self defense classes? I'm all for it.
that's a good suggestion
Jimmysss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 8:23 PM   #29
Established Member

I don't even know who this Roosh guy is but anybody who follows him is a scumbag as well. That being rape culture is not some secret society that all men secretly belong the way some feminists tell it.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 9:59 PM   #30

Quote:
You aren't even allowed to suggest things like that, because they will accuse you of victim blaming, even though simple steps to protect oneself from harm seem rather reasonable, IMO.

It's gotten to the point where men almost need to get a notarized sex contract in some places.
It sounds awful
BlueIris is offline   Reply With Quote