How Should I Handle This?

Originally posted by Andee73

I always looked my best when I was out and acted very pleasant. Maybe he is only out for a "good time" I guess.

YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. I don't blame you for wanting to hang out with other people. I would too.

• Author

It would sort of stink that I feel I can't hang out with that group.

Sometimes I think maybe I just need to lighten up and go with the flow but when you like a person alot it's hard-especially when you sort of crossed the friendship lines. I would like to try and act like we were just friends like before and hang out non-chalantly-I just don't know if I am able to. I think I may be able to suck it up and do it. Like this weekend, do I go over and say "hello" to the group and hang and move on or stay aloof and see if he comes over like I have in the past? Then what happens when summer is over-I don't know if I will run into him at the place we used to go in the winter. I don't know if he goes there anymore. I was thinking of mentioning I will be bartending there but then I wasn't sure if I shouldn't -then if he does go there it will be a surprise.

Just forget he exists as hard as that sounds. Ignore him. If he talks to you, be nice, but don't give him the time of day...not be a bitch, mind you, just to where he'll realize you are over it. If you don't want to not hang out with your friends, then don't. Just make sure to give him the cold shoulder and spend time with the people that you REALLY enjoy spending it with. He just happens to be there.

• Author

I wonder if I do that if he will either come around more because it's a challenge or if he will just back off and assume I want nothing to do with him and have absolutely no idea why I was acting that way.

i'm just going to be blunt here, but dont you see all the crap this guy has added to your life... it's been, what, a month or so since he's been back, or how ever long it has been, all you've been doing is worrying and agonizing about what to do next. you've tried everything you could and have done NOTHING wrong... he's just not interested.

so what, he may run into you at a bar sometime soon, or not so soon... you may have a conversation, or he may make a move on you again... you could be spending all this time scoping out other opportunities and having fun! if you see him, be kind, treat him with respect, as an acquaintance. there is no need to be rude or unkind, but dont spend every waking moment hanging on the possibility of something happening.

your worth more than just hanging around for some clueless guy to come crawling on his hands and knees. get out there and live your own life... without him! dont worry about what HE is going to do... get on and do what YOU want to do.

• Author

Thanks much for your advice. I guess I will just have to face the fact he is not interested due to anything I did but he is just a player interested in one thing and knows I am not like that. He hasn't persued me much outside of one date and occasionally seeing me out so he must figure I am not what he is after-which if that is the case, is a good thing. I deserve respect and won't let anyone take that from me.

Yeah, I agree with Ann, I mean he just is NOT intrested, stop worrying about it and find someone else.