"How Feminism Destroyed Real Men"

I think that men should be a father if they create a child. There is noe xcuse to run away from a child that you created. That being said feminists want to say that fathers are useless then turn around and want to hang men by the balls who are one cent late on child support. The current system has little if anything to do with the well being of the child and everything to do with women getting over on man. I know men who have unoffical custody yet they still pay child support. This means that the kids lives them, are raised by them and only visit the mother every now and then yet the father still pays through the nose on support or else she will take the kids away. It is pretty much extortion. Tell me what justice there is in that. As soon as fathers are valued again then we will see more fathers step up to the plate. We have spent the last 30 years saying that fathers son't matter and even that they are detrimental and then we wonder when many of them don't stick around.

I know men who have unoffical custody yet they still pay child support. This means that the kids lives them, are raised by them and only visit the mother every now and then yet the father still pays through the nose on support or else she will take the kids away. It is pretty much extortion.

I agree - THAT is wrong. No excuses can justify that whatsoever.

Only NCPs are supposed to pay child support. This sounds more like backdoor alimony BS to me.

so basically the man has no rights to become a father or not and no rights wheter he must pay child support or not... thats an inequity in my book.

Everyone has the right to choose whether to become a parent or not. Everyone has the right (and ability) to exercise preventative measures (by either birth control or abstinence) if they chose not to become a parent. But if either partner lacks enough responsibility to become proactive in avoiding the inevitable outcome … you can't force a woman to undergo a dangerous abortion any more than a woman can force a man into having his testacies spliced open and clipped. And if a mistake is made, it's both the parent's responsibility to support that child. Equal carelessness means equal distribution of responsibility and consequence.

When it comes to custody issues, I would also like to see more males take the initiative in court to argue their case if they honestly feel they are better suited for the task. I know a lot of men who were granted guardianship of their children … my ex brother-in-law being one of them. My sister pays him child support. ;)

When it comes to custody issues, I would also like to see more males take the initiative in court to argue their case if they honestly feel they are better suited for the task. I know a lot of men who were granted guardianship of their children … my ex brother-in-law being one of them. My sister pays him child support. ;)

When my parents divorced, my dad got full custody of my sister and me. Women don't always win in these cases.

so basically the man has no rights to become a father or not and no rights wheter he must pay child support or not... thats an inequity in my book. I thought we were all supposed to be "equal"

My post was rather my opinion or a guess. I am not exactly sure what the laws are concerning abortions.

so basically the man has no rights to become a father or not and no rights wheter he must pay child support or not... thats an inequity in my book. I thought we were all supposed to be "equal"

Isn't the whole reproductive process pretty damn skewed? Having a child isn't something that falls under the "equal" category since the female has the lion's share of the biological burden.