Can you be unbaptized?

And they will still count you as a catholic regardless even after death.

ironically, it's often when people are on their deathbeds and facing the great unknown that their religion comes back to them, and they jump wholeheartedly back into role of believer because it gives them comfort. Just sharing what I've seen ...

nope, he can't unCatholicize unless he does his best to be excommunicated. As frustrating as that is, in a way it's comforting to know that someone isn't being given up on!

So when using stats of catholics of voting age to get leverage yes my H could be counted as one who should hold the same views as the catholic church.

Oh come ON. ONE little number in millions. Could this be a smaller molehill?

Write the church. Ask to stop the mailings. Get on with your life.

• Author
And they will still count you as a catholic regardless even after death.

ironically, it's often when people are on their deathbeds and facing the great unknown that their religion comes back to them, and they jump wholeheartedly back into role of believer because it gives them comfort. Just sharing what I've seen ...

nope, he can't unCatholicize unless he does his best to be excommunicated. As frustrating as that is, in a way it's comforting to know that someone isn't being given up on!

Well that is actually being addressed in a will along with no transfer to a denominational hospital- attempt to perform last rites and we sue :lmao: :lmao: ........ I think hanging out with Santa would be more fun then the heaven deal anyway..... songs, candy canes, flying reindeer, and of course good tidings of joy :lmao: So not looking for that in holy feeling in the end. Maybe Jolly tho. :D

Personally I would want to hang with this bum that lives by my house .Ive taken to buying him coffee in the morn so hell hang and talk to me (tell me stories about his life) hes the best , I suspect hes making up some of the stories though , just to keep the coffee comming .thats my idea of the best afterlife , hanging with the awesome bum by my house.

hate to burst your bubble, but Santa is a Catholic concoction, derived from the life and works of a St. Nicholas of Myra, a fourth-century bishop with a reputation as a secret gift-giver.

dang, we're EVERYwhere .... you cain't escape us ...

• Author

dang, we're EVERYwhere .... you cain't escape us ...

My point exactly!!!

Go away!!! :lmao: :lmao: Actually I don't like fat people either so Santa would not cut the mustard......

• Author
Personally I would want to hang with this bum that lives by my house .Ive taken to buying him coffee in the morn so hell hang and talk to me (tell me stories about his life) hes the best , I suspect hes making up some of the stories though , just to keep the coffee comming .thats my idea of the best afterlife , hanging with the awesome bum by my house.

Well I am a tycoon so I will have to hang out at Starbucks with the bum.......

alas....... there is no hope...... all hope is lost...... :lmao:

and no matter how much tinfoil I put on my head I still keep getting the messages from the mother ship........ dag gone it!

I believe in aliens! :)

Church is not for political agendas........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

okay....... ummmm hummmmm...... maybe a few but most are about pushing their beliefs through politics.

For cripes sakes I gotta tell you if you can stand up and say churches and religions do not have political agendas you are a tad on the ......... well lets say your head is in the sand.

No thanks to any church....we don't believe in Santa or god. :lmao: Although both are great money makers... hell of a marketing ploy. :D

Amen, sister!! :lmao:

• Author
Oh come ON. ONE little number in millions. Could this be a smaller molehill?

Write the church. Ask to stop the mailings. Get on with your life.

ahhh......... but just think if the people who would do this if it was that easy to do. They make it impossible so you cannot. I bet they would have to have a huge staff to handle those resignation letters.

I honestly cannot find a way for him to resign or be deleted as a catholic.

I think I will write the pope.

This is harder than getting out of one of those book clubs or music clubs. :lmao:

This is harder than getting out of one of those book clubs or music clubs.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: sad, but true. Try contacting the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (formerly known as the office of the Inquisition), they'd be the ones who could best answer the question your hubby has. And whether you can quit TimeLife Book/Music more easily :D :D :D

BTW, santy's supposed to be fat ... how else can he shake like a bowl of jelly?

It depends on your denomination; the rules of their game. I'm not sure about catholicism, but the rule for LDS is that it rests on excommunication. Resigning from the LDS church renounces all rituals, rights, ect., including baptism. A friend who recently resigned from the church received a long letter from her Bishop stating all of this as a plea for her to remain a member. Catholism appears to have a nice hierarchy of regulations for members. I bet you could find out from your local priest.

• Author
It depends on your denomination; the rules of their game. I'm not sure about catholicism, but the rule for LDS is that it rests on excommunication. Resigning from the LDS church renounces all rituals, rights, ect., including baptism. A friend who recently resigned from the church received a long letter from her Bishop stating all of this as a plea for her to remain a member. Catholism appears to have a nice hierarchy of regulations for members. I bet you could find out from your local priest.

I was PMed by a nice poster with a possible lead to a real answer. And the research into the LDS and other religions do seem to have resignation options.

The catholics won't let you leave :lmao: :lmao: But investigating further next week. We are going to attempt the Marshmallow ritual this Sat. night tho with our friends during a private party. :lmao: :lmao: All prepared with the burn cream and ice packs. :D

I have only seen one catholic church here so far...... holy trinity batman, what to do?