WTF is wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!

SoCalCatman72

3. She wants to explore this new path, and see where it leads.

I read the other posts in this thread, and I strongly hope you will be lucky enough to experience #3. It is interesting, because she seems to have a little something for you. So, it might work out for you afterall. Time will tell.

It's turning into a soap-opera

So when will you tell her....I can't wait to see how it turns up

Hope you the best man

• Author
SoCalCatman72

Well guys, she wrote me an e-mail today. :(

Basically here's the pertinent text.

"Thank you for the very sweet letter. You are a wonderful person, and an amazing roommate, but I am not interested in dating you. I hate to be at the giving end of unrequited love, as I have had quite a helping of being at the receiving end in my time, and it is nothing less than miserable. I am sorry that I cannot fulfill your hopes."

So I guess that's it.....oh well, it was another learning experience.:(

She discussed options to the roommate situation, of which the last one was that we just pretend that this never happened, which I think is ok as now that I know how she feels, I'm going to spend a lot more time going out instead of waiting around for her to come home.

Well guys, I guess this story is over. Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement.

blind_otter

Feh. Not to you, to her.

Well being such a peach I'm sure there are others waiting patiently in the wings.

• Author
SoCalCatman72

Yeh, it hurts....a lot more than I remembered, but I have to stay strong.

Of course the usual thoughts run through my head......

Am I not attractive enough?

Am I too nice, too much of a pushover that I don't interest her (no challenge). I suspect this one the most.

Did I do something wrong?

Did I wait too long?

Of course I know that you simply can't make someone feel something that they don't.

*sigh* Just another chip out of my heart.

Awww sweetie, hang in there :) Who know's why some people have chemistry and other's dont. Dont take any of it personally, because you simply cannot create chemistry with someone, it just happens, and not as frequently as we'd wish. Most of the time it's one side or the other, very rarely does it happen for both sides. But you seem like a really cool guy, and have a good head on your shoulders. Be realistic about the situation and dont let it bring you down! Most important thing is, you tried, and you should be proud of that! Now get out there are start meeting other single people :)

TheSilentType

Sorry that it didn't work out. But at least now you know. And chin up for having the courage to atleast express what was on your mind.

Atleast your roommate was nice about how she did not want to date you. She was honest and seems like she cares about how you feel. The weird thing is why your roommate had to tell you all that in an e-mail? You two live together!!!! I can never understand why people just can't say things face to face. E-mail is such a cop out!

• Author
SoCalCatman72
She was honest and seems like she cares about how you feel. The weird thing is why your roommate had to tell you all that in an e-mail? You two live together!!!! I can never understand why people just can't say things face to face. E-mail is such a cop out!

Well, I sorta started with the cop out, by writing a letter rather than telling her directly. Sometimes it's easier to tell someone that you care about something that might hurt them impersonally, because you don't want to see them hurting because of something you had to do.

I know she cares about me. She just doesn't like me in that way (feels like high school huh?).

Am I not attractive enough?

Am I too nice, too much of a pushover that I don't interest her (no challenge). I suspect this one the most.

Did I do something wrong?

Did I wait too long?

Of course I know that you simply can't make someone feel something that they don't.

*sigh* Just another chip out of my heart.

There's nothing wrong with you except that you followed the excited advice of some of our hopeless romantics (who were living vicariously through you) and "gushed" about your feelings waaaay too soon.

Slow and steady wins the race. :cool:

Pardon me for tooting my own horn, but darnit … I TOLD YOU SO!! :p:laugh:

Of course, you might be better off in the long run. I read the part about her wanting to "help" you regarding your recovery. You have to be so careful of co-dependant women who are looking for projects to fix. Just continue to be who you are … all the good and bad of it … and if she learns to accept you for who you are without trying to change you, you'll be much better off.

It ain't over yet… ;)

• Author
SoCalCatman72
There's nothing wrong with you except that you followed the excited advice of some of our hopeless romantics (who were living vicariously through you) and "gushed" about your feelings waaaay too soon.

Slow and steady wins the race. :cool:

Pardon me for tooting my own horn, but darnit … I TOLD YOU SO!! :p

Well, I agree with you to a degree, but as I thought about it more, and broke through my denial, I realized that it needed to come out. Unexpressed feelings have a tendency to continue to grow until they become too big to handle, and then the pain is 100 times worse when rejection comes.

It ain't over yet… ;)

Yeah, I was talking to one of my other friends about it, and they said the same thing. That it was odd after all the game playing, and the fact that I spent hours pouring out my heart into a letter, to get a two line response back.

I'm not going to hope for anything. It's just going to be life as normal.

• Author
SoCalCatman72

Hey guys.

Well, I guess letting go isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I was a bit nervous about seeing my roomie for the first time since the whole spilling my guts/rejection thing.:eek:

It wasn't that hard actually, I was determined to maintain my integrity and keep my promise to her and myself not to change how I acted. I bought another super sized chocolate bar (this is funny) which somehow again disappeared last night, watched TV, then went to bed. Roomie came home a bit later (man she was loud, opening and closing doors, cabinets, and at one point in time it sounded like she was rearranging the furniture:confused:). I bumped into her this morning as I was making my coffee. It was fine, we exchanged pleasantries and that was that. I realized that I will always care for her, but since the romantic feelings weren't that big to begin with, it was easier to squish them than I thought it would be.

So I guess life is truly back to normal. I think it's even better than normal, now that the air is clear, I feel so much happier, playful and lighthearted (strange for a guy that has just been rejected), it's like there is a huge burden off of my shoulders. I've also really started taking notice of all the other women around me.

God is faithful, if we are brave. I went on match and started actively e-mailing profiles that I found interesting. Met a lady not too far from me, 28, 5'8", Christian, a choir singer (I adore a woman who can sing, who doesn't), is studying to be a veterinarian, and is Korean (it's all about the food :D ....mmmmm marinated short ribs with pickled veggies on the side). In short a woman that, on the surface appears to have all the qualities I am looking for. Sense of humor, intelligence, love for God, and furry creatures. Being tall is good too, as I am 6' and I hate having to bend way down to kiss short girls :p. We exchanged like 4 e-mails last night :D , so lets see where this goes.

So everyone, I guess this chapter in my life is closed and thusly we move on in life. You all have been great, and I am now helplessly addicted to ls.

I would be pissed that my chocolate bars keep disappearing. But then again I'm a chick and you don't want to eat my chocolate. I hide it in the medicine cabinet.