Cali, I agree with you about this. I also agree with your earlier post - two wrongs don't make a right. If it had been me, if I had snooped and found such a thing, sure, it might have made me think differently about my partner. It is a bit icky, on the face of it. Or perhaps I would have recognized that it happened once, he didn't do anything about it anyway, and ultimately, it's just not that big a deal. Either way, it's worth a discussion of some kind, not a breakup. That seems awfully sudden. Perhaps she already had trust issues with the relationship, or in general?

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. Why was she snooping in the first place and why was her reaction so strong?

amaysngrace
By this line of reasoning, at the beginning of every relatiionship the two people should convene what amounts to a confessional, during which each person confesses each and every potentially "questionable act." If any person omits any potentially questionable act, then that person will have lied, I suppose dooming the relationshp

you're very profound, rman.

Everyone has an expectation of privacy. Is it okay to read someone's journal? What about a heartfelt letter from a parent or loved one? Is every single thing available just because one is in a relationship? No. If you want to look at something that is not yours, you ask. If you have questions, you ask. If you don't trust, you communicate. If you still can't trust, you leave.

------

I Absolutley agree with this poster above : I think her snooping is what ended the relationship and her lack of trust . Thats like going through your bf;s wallet, your bf;'s computer, your bf;s closet , your bf;s personal diary.

There are just some things that are private. They are not to be shared. They are not deceitful. They are PRIVATE. They are meant only for YOU.We humans have private things. Anyone who believes you should slice open someone and gut their heart out so you can inspect every part of them is wrong.

The OP tells us that he visited this site PRIOR to meeting her. If we check out internet sites that is our own private business. Its not for someone to come along and check out logs, Urls, history, and key stroke checker programs. If someone is that untrusting, I dont want them in my life.

If I want to do something and its not hurting my partner then my da* independant self is going to do it. I may not be a good candidate for a partner who does not trust me, passes moral judegements and can't let me have my private times to do what I want.

littlekitty
Better yet, if she was in love she would judge him for what she knows about him now and not things he did in his past. None of us are perfect.

I think her snooping was unaccetpable and her dumping him utterly childish.

Unless he told her he had never done such a thing before.

The lesson here?: Password protect your email.

Nicely said Cali!! :)

Thanks, Mate :)

OT: How's the weather in the UK? I would love to take a trip there one day soon.