Age Gap

SproadicQuestionaire

Acacia98
9 hours ago, Sony12 said:

That means in normal society it's not that big of a deal but might be if you were in a specific community that had certain beliefs or values.

🙂 Thanks.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:38 AM, SproadicQuestionaire said:

All valid points. I’m just not the kind of guy to do that unfortunately which makes it ironic I’m the kind of guy to lie about age to make her feel more comfortable. Ironic

You know, it's not a bad thing that you opted not to have sex with her. If a casual fling on a cruise just isn't your thing, it's great that you know that.

FredEire
4 hours ago, Acacia98 said:

I mean being single at 31 is not a red flag in regular secular society. If, however, you lived in a religious fundamentalist community where the only acceptable sexual relationships existed within marriage, then you would find that people were expected to get married really young. And a single 31-year-old would stick out like a sore thumb in that community. People would think something must be wrong with him/her.

Exactly.

Plenty of people just aren't ready to settle down for economic reasons, they have a divorce or separation after a relationship that took up their teens and 20s, there's lots of good reasons you could be single at 31.

A much bigger deal than just being single in your 30's is how many kids you might have on top of being single. It's not uncommon for 30 something year olds to have little kids (many times more than one) and that's a much bigger deal than just being single in your 30's.